• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny: Class / Race / Gender

malfcn

I was curious about these decisions people made. Sure there is the big beta thread, and that is full of reactions and experience. But what about the little things that make your guardian yours.

Titan // Hunter // Warlock
Human // Awoken // Exo
Male // Female

Warlock // Exo // Female

The Warlock appeared the coolest to me. I can be a sucker for appearances, and the trench coat type of look drew me in. The powers also looked interesting, with a Nova bomb eventually being unlocked.
Exo was chosen to be a bit exotic, and it also looked futuristic. I have no idea what the Awoken are, and humans are so pedestrian. Being a robotic kind of contraption on a mission against the Darkness.
For the gender I decided to roll with a Female. It's nice to switch it up sometimes, and I find the models sleeker. Sometimes a hulked out model feels expected. Plus, the Exo female had a head that looked best (even though they are always covered up.)

Not sure what I'll roll after the beta into retail. Most likely a Warlock again (first). The rest decided then.

Titan // Human // Male

I went with Titan for a variety of reasons. Some of the concept art I saw, with them looking like a space-age Arthurian knight really resonated with me, and, well, with my reflexes, I figured it'd be in my best interests to pick something tough :p. Human and male because I'm boring like that, and because I was able to get him to look a little like Superman and that amused me.

Femal human warlock.

I don't really like any design of awoken race. They look like a bland missed fusion of Elvens and Asari from mass effect.

Exo looks cool. I might reroll a titan exo for fun. That hulk smash

Kinsei

Banned
Warlock // Exo // Female

I wanted to be a robot with a purple head so that's what I was.

I chose Warlock because the abilities seemed cool. I'm only level 2, but the grenade they get is awesome and I can;t wait to get some more advanced abilities.

Pfhunkie

Hunter // Exo // Male

The hunter appealed to me simply because a burning magic pistol of absolute destruction is beauty incarnate. As for why I went with Exo, I've always been a fan of the style of humanoid machines Bungie went for in Destiny. Simply put, robots beat everything.

atr0cious

Hunter // Human // Female

If I have a single player create a character game, I model it after my girlfriend, and have her make the decisions on the upgrades to keep her involved.

Hunter has the mobility, as I briefly tried the other two classes. I need the double jump.

Hunter // Human // Female

Same setup that I had for the alpha and will have for the full game. I haven't even played with another class.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I have 3 characters.

Warlock // Exo // Male
Hunter // Exo // Male
Titan // Exo // Female

I'm all about that cyborg life.

Thoraxes

I'm just waiting to see of they nerf the hunter special to decide on a final class.

I have a human female warlock right now.

george_us

Three characters for me:

Human - Hunter - Female
Awoken - Warlock - Female
Awoken - Titan - Female

When the main game releases I'll probably go Human - Titan - Female.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
For the Alpha, I had: Warlock/Exo/Male

Beta: Hunter/Human/Female

When retail hits, I'll probably main a Hunter, secondary a Warlock. I still need to mess with a Titan, but I'll probably test that one out when retail hits.

Warlock / Exo / Male - Nova bomb and coats sort of got me across the line, but im finding the helmets pretty boring.

Actual face though looks like a badass darth maul

Croc

Banned
I think I might do a Female Exo Warlock.

I've tried Warlock and Hunter and I think I like Warlock a lot more.

I'll probably try a Titan before the beta is over but I have a feeling I will like it the least which is why I've saved it for last.

I'm gonna us Hunter // Exo // Male for the main game

I can't think of a game where they let you choose a robotic character as a race so I picked that and the customization for the race was interesting to discover. Hunter fits my play style I love exploring areas to get the best sniping ground but can be aggressive enough up close if i get surrounded. Oh and the hood... How could I forget the badass hood.

Some Nobody

Warlock // Awoken // Male

Warlock because I love being a spellcaster, and regardless of how much gunplay Destiny is about, these guys are spellcasters through and through. Their melee attack is to literally send a wave of void magic that occasionally completely vaporizes people! Love them.

Awoken because I didn't feel like being a robot and playing a human in games like this just feels pointless.

Male because it's an online game, otherwise it would've been female. (Of course then I probably wouldn't have gone Warlock, but Titan instead.)

Yoday

Titan // Awoken // Female

I love heavily armored classes, and I plan on going with the Defender sub class. I am going to play an Awoken as my main because they can be purple, and I always play female characters when given the choice.

Stillmatic

I'm slowly trying to rank all 3 classes to max to find the one I like most for the full game!

At the moment I have these:

Lv: 8 - Hunter // Awoken // Male
Lv: 6 - Titan // Exo // Male

I'll start this when Titan is Level 8: Warlock // Human // Male

Hunter // Exo // Male

Been rolling with that since the Alpha.
My man.
X50NPcK.jpg

Thoraxes

The Golden Gun? Why would they nerf that when it takes the most skill that actually use?

The hunter special def doesn't need a Nerf.
In a game like this I don't trust any of the balancing will be similar to the release version. Especially in a numbers game with comprehensive stat tracking like this.

Also I'm bitter that 9/10 times I die it's from the hunter special lol

And if by some miracle it remains unscathed, I'm definitely going to switch to hunter to go ezmode with their special.

Top Bottom