• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny: Class / Race / Gender

PigzFly

Warlock // Exo // Male
Hunter // Exo // Male
Titan // Awoken // Female

Still torn between Warlock and Hunter. Love them both so much.

genbatzu

Hunter \\ Exo \\ Male

Hunter only because of Double/Triple Jump
don't know If I should play Warlock instead, played it in Alpha and was positively surprised

Mdk7

Warlock // Awoken // Female
I'm really proud of my character, she kinda looks like a weird female David Bowie clone from the 80s.

jaosobno

Titan / Exo / Male

or

Warlock / Exo / Male

Human/male faces are all ugly and weird. Female faces are much better, but as a guy, I prefer to create a male character.

Awoken/male faces look better, but hairstyles for both races are comical (they look like poorly made wigs), so in the end I decided to go with Exo, because they look far better than Human or Awoken (even their voices sound better).

Lots of Warlocks. Any particular reason why? Are they more powerful? Just like "space magic?"

People roll Warlock because they are quite powerful (specially because of Nova Bomb, which is (IMO) the best Super or all 3 classes) and they look good.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Warlock / Awoken / Male

I'm all about that space elf life.

Will be going Hunter / Human / Male for release, however.

Human

Female

Hunter

I feel like Im breaking a social norm by playing as a girl. It kinda makes me double think it. However, I think all of the male models look bad.

Carbonox

Titan / Exo / Male

Red and black 'skin' which goes perfectly with my red armor. Looks boss. Will probably stick with this in the final game for my Titan. Will probably do Human male for Hunter and Awoken male for Warlock so each class has a distinctive species.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Hunter // Exo // Male

It was a toss up between Hunter and Warlock, but the former won out because I loves Knives and Sniper Rifles more than badass longcoats.

Awoken were a bit too goth for my liking, whilst going Human is a little bland. The customisation options on the Exo are classy.

Started female because they look better but simply didn't get on with her voice. Since I won't seeing her all that often, I rerolled and went male instead.

Anko

Hunter // Awoken // Female

I usually go for the rogue-ish classes as opposed to the melee, etc. ones first. Awoken because humans were boring and decided to save the Exo for the Titan that I will eventually create. Female because that's what I always play, given the choice.

hunter // robot thing // lady

really like the heads on the female robot, makes me think of a piece of harmless civilian tech gone rogue.

must say that i hate when character creators mess about with the colour choices, either they change the positions of the colours or even the choices between class/gender/race or part. this isn't a massive dig at destiny or any other game really, just an annoying thing that seems to happen a lot.

also are there any create-a-characters that don't have pigtails as a female choice?

Huggers

Have to say I don't really understand the difference between the classes. I chose a Titan robot because I thought it looked cool

Phear

Hunter // Human // Female

Double (or Triple!) Jump + faster reloading than the other classes do the job for me. I dont care about throwing knives or golden gun.

When i'm all the way there, my other characters will be Titan // Exo // Male and Warlock // Awoken // dont know Gender yet.

Tohsaka

Human female Hunter. I haven't settled on it as my main class yet as it's the only one I've played so far, but I like it.

Tekku

Titan // Awoken // Male

I really like the Titan abilities. I think Fist of Havoc, Storm Fist and Flashbang are some of the best abilities in the beta. The Super is especially fun because you can experiment a lot with the jump arc.

I know nothing about the Awoken so it's purely an aesthetic choice. I like the odd skin colors and haircuts. The male faces look better than human male faces as well.

I mostly play a female and I first started a female Titan. But then I realized that they didn't look big enough in heavy armor, and I think that Titans should look like juggernauts. When I come flying towards the enemy with a giant ground smash I want to look big as hell. :)

Drencrom

Hunter // Exo // Male

My man.
X50NPcK.jpg

Baaallin'!

WITHE1982

Warlock // Awoken // Male
It just seems to fit with the story better for me and I never play as a female character. I just find it hard to relate.

As far as choosing my class, I have played warlock from the get-go in the alpha and continued into the beta and I have to say it is by far the best class in PvE by an absolute mile. Once upgraded you can almost match titans for toughness yet still have the grace and guile to play smart if needs be.

Hunter is probably my least favorite class. I leveled up my hunter-male to level 8 yesterday and I felt very vulnerable the entire time. Yes the movement is better/quicker but I felt very under-powered. Plus in PvE the golden gun super is almost useless and the double/triple jump wasn't practical enough to escape danger. The only real thing i'd take from the hunter class is the throwing knife which was excellent.

I have to admit I've only played titan for a few minutes and I quite liked it, but I very rarely pick tank/soldier classes. Limited movement but very tough. I can see this being my second choice character.

IMHO the more canon races/classes are : awoken/warlock, exo/hunter, human/titan.

murgo

Titan / Human / Male

At least that's what I played in both the Alpha and Beta. I like my dude, so I think I'll keep rolling with him in the final version.

sobaka770

Banned
Main: Hunter / Awoken / Female

Potential alts: Warlock / Human / Female, Titan / Exo / Male

Mostly because I like variety and having a female avatar unless it doen't fit my image of the role I'm playing.

Xtars

Warlock // Awoken // Male

I always tend to play male in games if given the opportunity since I feel that i relate to the character that way. I like to "live through" my characters.

The reason for picking Awoken is that i think there are more to the back story of that race then we might expect. I got a feeling that they will play a big part in Destinys back story.

Philippo

Alpha= Hunter / Awoken / Male
Beta= Titan / Human / Male
Final= Warlock / Exo / Male

Kept the most wanted one for the retail release, experimented the rest during these trials.

I wish each race had certain perks just like in Skyrim, there doesn't seem to be any reason to pick one race over another, apart from a visual aesthetic difference.

For example -
exo could have enhanced strength, absorb more damage etc (making them more attuned/beneficial for the titan class)
Awoken could have enhanced weapon handling, mystical abilities (making them more attuned/beneficial for the warlock class)
Human could have enhanced weapon/armour customisation & stealth capabilities (making them more attuned/beneficial to the hunter class)

I do think Hunter is the best looking class but that Warlock super is just too good to not have.

If Hunter has a projectile super at higher levels I might use that as my main for the final game.

Hunter Exo male

Because robots wearing cloaks throwing knife are awsome and males are the superior sex among robots according to Futurama. If i wanted to make a stripperbot or a sexbot i would pick female.

colt92

Neo Member
Warlock // Exo // Male

I liked a lot the Exo design and thought the Warlock trenchcoat looked pretty cool on him.
Plus, usually on RPGs or games with RPG bits I always pick the fighter/soldier characters/classes, so lately I'm trying to play characters that rely more on special abilities/magic/etc.

Titan // Awoken // Female

Space elves! Kinda wanted to play Hunter but its super seems to be really bad? Maybe it gets better later on..

I like the Titan melee attack and super anyway.

Top Bottom