• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny: Class / Race / Gender

Tex117

Banned
Lots of Warlocks. Any particular reason why? Are they more powerful? Just like "space magic?"

Im leaning towards hunter myself.

In all clarity, I haven't played an alpha or beta just so I can have the full on game not spoiled in any way.

That said, I always end up picking a weak class....

Exo Male and I'm playing all classes, all Exo. I think all the other guys look like dudebros with DBZ hair and I see no point in playing a hot girl in a game in which you hardly see your character, unless you really are a girl.

Hunter // Awoken // Female

The Awoken are really cool looking, plus I love sniping so I had to go Hunter. I'll probably stick with the same combo when the game launches.

ReaperXL7

I know i'm going to roll Male Titan for sure. I enjoy playing tanks, or heavily defensive classes aswell as being a team focused player it seems like it going to be a great class for that style of play.

The race option is the tough one for me, I like both Exo, and Awoken the only thing I don't really like about Awoken is the hair looks dumb but my character looks pretty decent with a buzz cut.

Hunter // Awoken // Female

Hunter is agile, precise and rewards my skill, and the cloaks are still the best class item. I also like that the Awoken have a bow instead of a wave and their skin glows.

Not really interested in playing as the other classes, especially knowing that the Hunter has an AoE subclass.

.Anema

Warlock // Awoken // Male

Now I'm trying with a Titan. Warlocks die faster or I'm really bad at multiplayer shooters? hahaha

calder

Hunter - Exo - Male

I was an awoken Titan in the alpha, but I'm definitely maining a hunter for release. I like the Exo but may try an Awoken again.

In a game like this I don't trust any of the balancing will be similar to the release version. Especially in a numbers game with comprehensive stat tracking like this.

Also I'm bitter that 9/10 times I die it's from the hunter special lol

And if by some miracle it remains unscathed, I'm definitely going to switch to hunter to go ezmode with their special.

The thing about the GG is that when you use it there's a short period where you can die because you're a sitting duck as it's being summoned. This makes it so that you can't use it as a panic move like you see with the Titan's Fist of Havoc and to some extent the Warlock's Nova Bomb. With those you'll see people just launch them when they're in trouble and you're screwed if you're anywhere near where they're going to land. It's also really easy to take out everyone capturing a zone just by tossing it out. The GG also makes a loud sound that alerts anyone in the area that shits about to go down. With the others you have no time to get out of the way by the time you hear them.

I'm not saying that it isn't powerful, but all the specials are powerful on some level. With the GG you at least have to hit the shots in order for anything to really work out for you. There's no spread/area damage like you see with the NB and FoH. But we'll see how things change in the full game since it looks like the Hunter becomes much more powerful in their Bladedancer form.

PaulloDEC

Warlock / Human / Female

Warlock, because I like the idea of being a Space Wizard. Human because the others are scary looking. Female because I get to be a male in real life, and I like some variety.

Steel

Banned
Main:
Titan/Exo/Male

The true Master Race.

Side:
Hunter/Awakened/Female

Female is the only choice for awakened, the men look too much like pretty boys for my taste. Need beards.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I wanted to go with Awoken male, but all their haircuts are so awful. It's like walking into a cheap Halloween store.

So I went with Warlock, exo, male.

Uthred

Titan // Exo // Male
Hunter // Human // Female
Warlock // Awoken // Female

Going to main a Titan // Awoken // Female when the game releases, I need that Beyond Thunderdome hairstyle

Titan/human/female
Warlock/awakened/female

Really digging both, deleted a hunter created by a friend so probably will roll one again. Loved the hunter as well from what I played with it. Will be really hard picking a class in retail but I'm leaning Titan eventhough their armor is incredibly boring in comparison to warlocks. Atleast hunters get the hood and cloak:/ Will probably be better in retail. Might roll a male titan instead of a female one. Female Titans are twig figures, they could use some more mass to them. (not swole as fuck, but definetely not as they are now)

In the Alpha, Hunter // Exo // Male, now in the Beta, Hunter // Awoken // Female

My guess is that i will be back to an Exo again, the game is already flooded with female Awoken hunters.

Some Nobody

Lots of Warlocks. Any particular reason why? Are they more powerful? Just like "space magic?"

Im leaning towards hunter myself.

In all clarity, I haven't played an alpha or beta just so I can have the full on game not spoiled in any way.

That said, I always end up picking a weak class....

To be honest, if the beta is in any way close to the full game I'll be pretty pissed off.

And to answer your question, I kinda wrote Destiny off until I saw the Warlock leap in the air and do his super. Then I was like, okay so there's more to this than your typical FPS, even if it's just a little bit.

Hunter/Human/Male

Lone wolf is my style and the ability to spawn a revolver that one hit kills? How can I not love that. Also knifing is much more satisfying.

hiex_

Banned
Warlock // Awoken // Male

I was originally going to make a human but they didn't have any faces or skin tones I liked. Awoken look so neat I had to switch. And Warlock coats are classy.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Warlock or Hunter.

I really like the warlock's area damage/denial it has going on and the sunsinger subclass is gonna be a killer for pve content too. Hunter because of the bladedancer and those capes.

Exo or Awakened

Humans are boring, nuff said.

Awakened female, Exo male.

The two best dances in the game imho.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Warlock // Exo // Male

Pretty much what I played in the beta, and loved the look of Exos.

SystemUser

I am probably going to mostly have lady robots. I might go warlock, but I like the look of the hunter. I really like titan too though.

Titan/EXO/female
Warlock/Awoken/male
Hunter/EXO/female

BTM

Warlock // Human // Male

Hopefully I'll have time to play all 3 classes to see which I like best. Warlock is bad ass though.

The Goat

Warlock // Awoken // Female
Hunter // Awoken // Male
Titan // Exo // Female

Absolutely going with Warlock for retail. Most fun I had, and the powers are cool. Like the melee a lot too.

Two Words

I was disappointed that I couldn't make an Awoken Warlock look like Shep. The hair and face options are too limited and bad.

shep.jpg

KeRaSh

Warlock / Exo / Male

I personally think that the male Humans look too gruntish and the hair styles are too generic.There are some very nice female faces and hair options in the game but as a male it would feel weird to play as a female when there is an option. I have no problem playing a female character when it's dictated by the game, though.
I also couldn't find an Awoken hairstyle that I really liked so I had to go Exo.
That doesn't mean I'm not happy with my descission. I think the Exo looks the coolest in Destiny (also the dance!) but it's something new for me since in all the years I played Phantasy Star Online I've never used a Cast for my characters. :)

Top Bottom