• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 15 Xbox One League Thread: Jon Gruden Approved

Ocelott

Read and acknowledge the rules...Thanks to FMT for the Rules:

PLEASE MAKE A NEW COACH WHEN JOINING THE LEAGUE. DO NOT USE AN EXISTING COACH.
League Name: NeoGAF Xbox One League
Password: I will be sending the PW out Via Xbox

Difficulty: All-Pro
Quarter Length: 8 Minutes
Accelerated Clock: Yes
Silders: Going to keep and eye on this. Will grab mostly grab the best Sliders from OS(Operation Sports)

1. League will start when the first roster update is release after final cuts to ensure the most accurate team at the beginning of the season.

2. Advancement will be 72 Hours from previous advancement or when all games are completed. I will communicate when this changes.

3. We will be doing Coach Mode. Owner Mode is out.

4. We will have a trade committee - Myself, Turbo, Spottie and Dizzy. Looking for one more person to be on the trade committee as well. PM me if interested

5. Commissioners are Myself(Ocelott), Turbo1112 and Spottie. PM any of us if you have any issues

6. NO TRADING WITH THE CPU.

LEAGUE RULES/GUIDELINES:

1. This is a sim league... to the best of our abilities. Madden is not a very realistic football sim when you get down to it but we have to make the best of it. You are expected to be a willing participant in the league.

2. RUN DIFFERENT PLAYS! This goes for both offense AND defense. If you are running the same 4-5 plays ALL GAME that is a problem. Run up the middle, run to the outside, passing deep, passing short, screens, drags, posts.... they're all there for you! Use them! I get that this is more difficult on defense because there are teams in the NFL that actually run 2 deep safety man for a good part of the game. But even those teams ACTUALLY throw in some zone defense, some blitzing, some other packages at the other team. Just try to mix it up.

3. Fourth down rules. This is a tough one that i'm hoping doesn't need to be spelled out more specifically but basically if you have a 4th and very short (1 yard or less) in your opponents territory I see no issue with going for it. Another scenario where I see no issues is when you are on the cusp of fg range. Lets say you have a 4th and 5 from your opponents 37 yard line. Is that ok to go for it? I would say yes.

Obviously if you are losing late in the game on your last drive you can go for it in any circumstance. DO NOT go for it on 4th down in your own territory outside of the previous instance.

4. I had previously posted a few people who had contingencies and they are still there but this really goes for everyone in the league. It was a mistake to make these things public and I will make sure that those issues are communicated privately. SCHEDULE YOUR GAME IMMEDIATELY ONCE YOU SEE IT IS ADVANCED! this game is not your job but we are all putting time into the league and it's tough to swallow when you are working on a tight deadline but your opponent isn't really communicating to work with you. There is nothing wrong with playing your game on the last day but there is something wrong with not bothering to schedule ANYTHING until day 3 and then everyone else is delayed because of it.

5. GET THE XBOX ONE SMARTGLASS APP!!! It Includes a messenger which means you are always connected. This is huge because communication is so important. IContact is key so PM your opponent or message them on Xbox. This will help to guarantee that the game is scheduled timely!

6. YOU WILL GET BUTTHURT! There are going to be games where you get a bullshit call or a bullshit play or your opponent gets completely lucky. If you can't deal with this type of thing then let us know now so we can get someone in here that wants to play.

7. DON'T RUN UP THE SCORE! DON'T STAT PAD! This should go without saying but it still must be said. If you are thrashing your opponent, just run the ball and run the clock out. There is no need to embarrass your opponent further or fling the ball all around the field, prolonging a game that for all intents and purposes is over. Just be respectful of your opponent. I can't really come up with a number for every scenario that is "blowout status" but just use common sense. For instance, if you are up 40 points at the start of the 4th quarter... that is a blowout. If you are up 10 points with 4 minutes left, that is NOT a blowout. I want people to be respectful but I don't want someone to let their foot off the gas early in the 4th and then someone gets a TD + an onside kick + a TD to cost them the game. Use common sense!

8. Disconnect issues. This will happen at some point or another. If the game disconnects in the first half, under any circumstance, you'll have to replay the game. Sorry! If the game is in the 2nd half and absolutely out of reach, the team losing should set themselves to Auto Pilot and the team winning can beat up on the CPU. Again hard to come up with a number. If you and your opponent have this issue and disagree then consult with the commish group so we can decide what needs to happen. Hopefully you can work it out amongst yourselves in a civil manner.

9. NEW RULE ANYBODY that releases a player on their team with the purpose of resigning them for a cheap 1 year deal will be immediately INSTABOOTED from the league. This will be strictly enforced. You have been warned.

League Owners(NeoGaf Usernames)
1. Ocelott - Skins - Confirmed
2. Turbo1112 - Pats - Confirmed
3. Bumblebee - Cowboys- Confirmed
4.Omega Rex - Rams - Confirmed
5. RRC1594 - Giants - Confirmed
6. Dizzy - Chiefs - Confirmed
7. Truelize - Falcons - Confirmed
8. markmhc - 49ers - Confirmed
9.Spottie - Bills - Confirmed
10. MaGlock - Browns - Confirmed
11. Spades - Dolphins - Confirmed
12. DarthWalden - Packers - Confirmed
13. serenewarfare - Saints - Confirmed
14. JFunky -Broncos - Confirmed
15. Pollux15 - Bengals - Confirmed
16. Karish - Lions - Confirmed
17. Mideon - Seahawks - Confirmed
18. TheApatheticOne -Colts - Confirmed
19.live_fancy - Panthers - Comfirmed
20. Heisenberg - Bucs - Confirmed

I NEED EVERYONE TO POST THEIR GAMERTAG AND ACKNOWLEDGE YOU READ THE RULES

GAMERTAGS
AFC East:
Patriots - TURBO1112
Bills - SpottiOttieDop
Jets -
Dolphins - Block Mate

AFC North:
Ravens -
Steelers -
Bengals - Pollux15
Browns - PFI DeeZy

AFC South:
Texans -
Colts - TheApatheticOne
Titans -
Jaguars - DCot

AFC West:
Raiders -
Broncos - JFunky2419
Chiefs - Prankm0nkey
Chargers -

NFC East:
Cowboys - Cpt Roncodpiece
Eagles -
Giants - l Hobokiller l
Redskins - Jaydoog

NFC North:
Packers - Taco wallace12
Bears -
Vikings -
Lions - On The Rochks

NFC South:
Bucs - GoRedskins17
Panthers - I Am 4Play
Saints - FixingDeDaDee
Falcons - Truelize

NFC West:
Seahawks - Mideon1981
Cardinals -
Rams - R0bNBanks
49ers - markmhc

FREE AGENT DRAFT Monday 6pm EST
Of course CPU teams will be skipped.

1. Raiders
2.Jags
3. Titans
4. Bills
5. Browns
6. Skins
7.Vikings
8.Texans
9. Giants
10. Bucs
11. Rams
12.Jets
13. Steelers
14. Dolphins
15. Falcons
16. Lions
17. Cardinals
18.Cowboys
19. Chiefs
20.Chargers
21. Colts
22.Panthers
23. Bears
24. Ravens
25.Saints
26. Eagles
27.Bengals
28.Packers
29. Patriots
30. 49ers
31. Broncos
32. Seahawks
Any questions? PM or Message me

Omega

Banned
GT = R0bNBanks

acknowledged

Not 100% sure if I'm getting this though. debating on this or diablo, so i'll know for certain by tuesday

MaGlock

I may be able to get a few non - gaffers to fill out the league a bit, if we're scheduling through smart glass.

What are regular ranked match set up as? That's what I'm used to so that's what I'd prefer however I have no problem adjusting.

Omega

Banned
edit - Nevermind. I'm gonna get Madden as well.

You guys cool with a non-gaffer joining? One of my friends wants join but he's still pending (been pending for 4 months) If you're cool with it he wants the Seahawks (what a scumbag)

So exactly how much harder is All Madden than All Pro? Would someone that's average at All Pro get decimated at All Madden?

Well if they're only average then they'll probably get decimated regardless. Though, CPU games will be a bit cheaper on All-Madden.

User v user though it makes then game much better. You can't rely on the same shit over and over (unless its just broken) because adjustments you make on the sticks actually matters. On All-Pro they haven't mattered at all in past games.

Ocelott

I want to keep it to all to Gaffers at the moment if they want to join have to sign up on Gaf...I think the league will pickup when more people buy the game.

Omega

Banned
I want to keep it to all to Gaffers at the moment if they want to join have to sign up on Gaf...I think the league will pickup when more people buy the game.

alright that's cool.

but getting approved takes months for people. it's not his fault he hasn't been approved yet

I just don't want CPU teams. fuck them.

Ocelott

Yeah true...its crazy i signed up for gaf and got approved in like a day...Make sure he ain't using a gmail or anyything

Somnia

alright that's cool.

but getting approved takes months for people. it's not his fault he hasn't been approved yet

I just don't want CPU teams. fuck them.

Try PMing or emailing evil with this name/email address and explain the situation to him. He may speed up his approval who knows.

Spades

Dolphins
XBL is Block Mate

I'm in the UK but I'm normally on pretty late here, so hopefully this won't cause too much of a problem with scheduling games.

So even after getting thrashed by French last night at All Madden, I'm okay with sticking with that difficulty in our league. All Madden seems to be the defacto difficulty in most leagues anyway, so I might as well learn now.

Ocelott, have you decided on the difficulty yet?

Ocelott

I think we are just going to roll with All-Madden.I want the Xbox league to mirror then PS4 league as far as rules go(I hate DOTA lol).

I guess I am going to try the $5 month sub to EA Access so I can play Madden tonight, and try FIFA for a month.

Anyone else gonna be on and wanna run one?

Top Bottom