• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 15 Xbox One League Thread: Jon Gruden Approved

JFunky

I'd like to take a shot at this even though I will probably get beaten down pretty good :)

GT-JFunky2419

Looking at what's left , I think I'd like the Broncos.

Rules read and acknowledged

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Gamertag is Truelize

I acknowledge rules.

I would like to add another rule. Teams are only allowed to intercept one of my passes PER QUARTER. For real. Lets keep it honest here people. Haha.

TURBO1112

Played my first 2 games of Madden 15 today against the cpu. Played on All pro at first because I hadnt played Madden in a few months. Won both games, but struggled stopping the pass. Tannehill carved me up. lol

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
Download at 20%. Would prefer to play an upstanding GAF member instead of lobby cheeser if anyone is going to be around to play.

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
Gg. Niners run d is just stupid. When I had some room I ran into my own linemen that the defense pushed back.

I hope there is a way to disable all of these popups and quick play calling bullshit. Its so easy to pick some random wrong play. Play calling menu is complete ass this season, ugh.

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
If anyone wants to play I'm on XBL. GT is Cpt RonCodpiece

I guess Ballhawk is off by default but Jeebus, does that mean guys don't play the ball for shit? Only played one game but when I would user a guy into a passing lane and jam Y they would just sit there.

If anyone wants to play I'm on XBL. GT is Cpt RonCodpiece

I guess Ballhawk is off by default but Jeebus, does that mean guys don't play the ball for shit? Only played one game but when I would user a guy into a passing lane and jam Y they would just sit there.

are you talking about our game or did you play a random ranked? i played random ranked (all-pro) and it didn't seem like ballhawk was there at all. when i played you (and when i played dizzy) it did seem that ballhawk was there although it was toned down quite a bit.

in previous years with ballhawk, no matter how far away the ball was you could pick the defender, hold Y and you would never have to worry about being out of position. NOW, it seems that the timing is much more strict. i would actually love to test it out more in single player but gotta watch dat 6 hour limit!

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
are you talking about our game or did you play a random ranked? i played random ranked (all-pro) and it didn't seem like ballhawk was there at all. when i played you (and when i played dizzy) it did seem that ballhawk was there although it was toned down quite a bit.

in previous years with ballhawk, no matter how far away the ball was you could pick the defender, hold Y and you would never have to worry about being out of position. NOW, it seems that the timing is much more strict. i would actually love to test it out more in single player but gotta watch dat 6 hour limit!

Yeah our game. There were two times where I thought a deep in route was coming and waited for it and my guy just stood there instead of making some kind of play on the ball, like a swat or anything. I need to get more used to the controls though, a lot of other times I was just out of position. Didn't play much M25 on Xbone at all, it's a lot different than previous gen.

But it was weird because I had Dez 1 on 1 deep once and lobbed it up and you usered the guy and made a great play leaping up for a nice user pick. I don't know if you have ballhawk on or if it was in game settings we played or what but it was bizarre. Unfortunately I was never in much of a position aside from those two plays to test it out more.

Can you do individual coverage adjustments without being in control of that defender? Like on PS3 I could control my LB and in seconds I could have the slot CB playing to the outside and my OLB watching for an outside route to the TE and have my primary CB bumping the primary WR, all without changing players. Is that still in this game? I was so lost cycling through all the shit and like you, I don't wanna waste time figuring it out against AI lol.

I am sure it will come with time. I was mind fucked when the M25 demo came out last year trying to make adjustments and it was eventually second nature. But man, that play calling system. It's even worse than Gameflow or whatever in terms of how easy it is to accidentally pick an auto play, and how many menus you have to cycle through just to get to pick your own play. I hope there is a way to eliminate it/tone it down.

I hope they did tone down ballhawk, thats nice to hear. Superman user LB's and safeties were ridiculous at times last season.

Yeah our game. There were two times where I thought a deep in route was coming and waited for it and my guy just stood there instead of making some kind of play on the ball, like a swat or anything. I need to get more used to the controls though, a lot of other times I was just out of position. Didn't play much M25 on Xbone at all, it's a lot different than previous gen.

But it was weird because I had Dez 1 on 1 deep once and lobbed it up and you usered the guy and made a great play leaping up for a nice user pick. I don't know if you have ballhawk on or if it was in game settings we played or what but it was bizarre. Unfortunately I was never in much of a position aside from those two plays to test it out more.

Can you do individual coverage adjustments without being in control of that defender? Like on PS3 I could control my LB and in seconds I could have the slot CB playing to the outside and my OLB watching for an outside route to the TE and have my primary CB bumping the primary WR, all without changing players. Is that still in this game? I was so lost cycling through all the shit and like you, I don't wanna waste time figuring it out against AI lol.

I am sure it will come with time. I was mind fucked when the M25 demo came out last year trying to make adjustments and it was eventually second nature. But man, that play calling system. It's even worse than Gameflow or whatever in terms of how easy it is to accidentally pick an auto play, and how many menus you have to cycle through just to get to pick your own play. I hope there is a way to eliminate it/tone it down.

I hope they did tone down ballhawk, thats nice to hear. Superman user LB's and safeties were ridiculous at times last season.

on that pick i had with culliver i didn't hold Y the entire time, i waited until it was just about time and then pressed it. i did this because in my exhibition game i had an identical play thrown up to demaryus thomas and held it way before but nothing happened.

yes you can individually audible your guys. you can also tell your D as a whole to use inside leverage, outside leverage or play the underneath routes (Y + right stick in any given direction).

the playcall menu is junk. what bothered me the most is on defense you get the "waiting for other teams package" before it lets you pick the play. this only happens after a timeout or change of possession but why? what if i already know i'm going to call a nickle D? one thing i need to test out is that late in our game when that message came up i pressed B and it seemed to let me get out of that message and pick my D before i saw your personnel package.

anyone around to play a game?

Yeah, ball hawk was on. The only points I scored against you was on a user pick that I returned for a TD, lol. Otherwise I was shut out.

Good game! Still wouldn't been enough. But it's still alot of fun to play this year.

i'm still getting a handle on the defensive controls but i'm about there after a few games. lots of usable routes this year too depending on the D but it was kinda like that with the madden 25 next gen too.

my only slight concern at this point is pressure on the QB but then again i think it's a little unrealistic to expect constant pressure from a 4 man rush (even the niners OP 4 man rush)

i'm still getting a handle on the defensive controls but i'm about there after a few games. lots of usable routes this year too depending on the D but it was kinda like that with the madden 25 next gen too.

my only slight concern at this point is pressure on the QB but then again i think it's a little unrealistic to expect constant pressure from a 4 man rush (even the niners OP 4 man rush)

My 2nd game in, so I'm still trying to get the ins and outs. Kinda curious to see how effective pass rush will be for teams with D lines that are not SF or Sea

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
Was just rocking some dude 24-0 and he quit after he threw another pick. He went Seattle so I went Denver for the SB rematch. The pass rush was insane but when I had time, guys were wide open. Was on all pro though.

Idk why I didn't understand the defensive playcalling when I was playing fmt, it's just like last year. Maybe it was a setting I toggled after the game when I was messing around in the menus. Doesn't seem like it will be bad at all.

Is there no option to play pass/run now? Or option play HB/QB? I haven't seen them. Dude did nothing but roll out with Wilson or run with him via option but never really got anything. I know in M25 on previous gen unless you constantly picked to play the QB on option plays, Peyton Manning could shred you for 200 yards.

Excited for the game to release and the league to get underway.

also the play select is still fucking garbage

Ocelott

Ok we have a decent size...Owner Mode or Coaches...Vote Please

I prefer either but some may not like doing all the owner stuff and may just wanna play

Karish

Ooo this will be my first GAF league! I wish I could take my Lions, but I guess I have to settle for Seahawks (surprised they're still available.)

I have read the rules. My GT is "On The Rochks"

Ooo this will be my first GAF league! I wish I could take my Lions, but I guess I have to settle for Seahawks (surprised they're still available.)

I have read the rules. My GT is "On The Rochks"

If you really want Detroit, be my guest. I can pick another squad. CJ is a beast. I ran a game w/ Det.

Top Bottom