• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

iuLqyZjMHwv5A.png

Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut
- Uzzy
"Shadowrun: Dragonfall – Directors Cut is a turn based isometric RPG, set in a cyberpunk future where orcs, elves and magic co-exist
with cybernetics and megacorps. Taking place in the anarchic free state of Berlin, you play as a Shadowrunner, called in to assist a
friend's team for what should be an easy mission. Which, in the finest traditions of the genre, goes horribly wrong and forces you to
confront the powerful conspiracy behind it all.

Shadowrun: Returns, one of the earliest Kickstarter success stories, came out last year with a rather average campaign, Dead Man's
Switch, which really didn't show off the setting at it's finest. Yet Dragonfall, with it's much tighter focus on a core cast of characters, a
more believable, lived in setting, and a less linear story that gives you far greater opportunity to roleplay and use your various skills,
really excelled and sold me on the whole Shadowrun universe. It's one major failing was the fact you had to own Shadowrun: Returns in
order to run Dragonfall, a failing now solved with the Directors Cut, which turns Dragonfall into a standalone title. Also included are new
missions, UI and gameplay enhancements, all of which leave Dragonfall – Directors Cut poised to become the definitive Shadowrun
experience on PC."

Dead Rising 3
- MMBosstones86
"This XBox One launch title releases on PC on Sept. 5th. Similar to it's predecessor's, Dead Rising 3 is an open world survival horror
game. Boasting a world larger than the first two games combined, the DR3 engine is capable of rendering three times as many zombies
on screen. The crafting system has been expanded as well to allow players to create combo weapons on the fly (without the need of a
workbench). Players can also create 'combo vehicles' to help explore the Apocalypse. The story revolves around protagonist Nick
Ramos as he searches for a way to escape Los Perdidos before the city is wiped off the map."

Gauntlet
- Hugstable
"For those of you who loved the Arcade Dungeon Crawling Classic Gauntlet, we are finally get a new reboot this September and only for
$20 on the PC. As with any Gauntlet game, we get a Overhead view of the action to allow for 4 Player Co-Op goodness, complete with
4 different classes tooled with their own abilities to allow them to wreck through the hordes of enemies that the game presents. This
game is being developed by Arrow Head Studios who are most well known for the Magicka on the PC which many who played it will
know that this team can truly create a good co-op experience. Get ready to start exploring, killing, and finding keys soon enough
when Gauntlet comes out on September 23rd."

Wasteland 2
- Saunderez
"In early 2012 a Kickstarter launched as a last ditch effort to get a game off the ground. This campaign raised almost $3m and after
2.5 years of development - Wasteland 2 has finally arrived. A direct sequel to the 1988 classic, Wasteland 2 is an isometric turn-based
tactical RPG which borrows elements from the legendary CRPGs that came after it whilst still retaining the feel of the original. inXile
entertainment - helmed by the creator of the original game,

Brian Fargo - has also enlisted the services of Chris Avellone, Chief Creative Officer at Obsidian, to assist with design and writing.
Chris has worked on some of my favourite games of all time, and his expertise promises to lift the narrative, dialogue and world design
to another level. As someone who backed this game way back in 2012, it's been hard stopping myself from taking a peek at the beta,
but from what I've seen and with the talent and dedication on display over at inXile, I think we're gonna be in for a treat."

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution
- Rayge
"Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution - Well, it seems that the series' first foray onto the PC must have done well enough
to warrant a simultaneous release of the sequel with the PS3 and 360 versions. This iteration is bringing more than a 100 characters
onto the scene (Mecha Naruto, and a number of past kages). There's new gimmicks like Combo Ultimate Jutsus; which, unlike Team
Ultimate Jutsus, are unique to certain character combos. There's also a 4 player Ninja World Tournament mode which looks like a
free-for-all mode. Fans for the previous release should know what to expect with the graphics, but newcomers shouldn't hold their breath
on this being 60 fps. Aside from that issue the game looks great and will probably run just as smooth as the previous game did. I would
suggest fans of fighting games support this. Especially fans of the Tekken series."

Defense Grid 2
- jshackles
"Defense Grid 2 is the follow up to the 2008 instant-classic that is largely considered to be responsible for the revival of the tower
defense genre on PC. Defense Grid 2 takes most of what made Defense Grid The Awakening great and makes it better. The premise
remains largely untouched: you’re once again tasked to build defensive towers to destroy waves upon waves of aliens that are trying to
steal your power cores. The game also brings back fan-favorite voice actor Jim Ward. So what makes Defense Grid 2 better than the
original? Better graphics, new gameplay modes, a great new single player campaign, and multiplayer co-op are just the beginning.
My favorite new feature is the “dynamic levels” – the ability to alter certain parts of the level to your advantage. You can also place your
towers on upgradable pedestals that increase your tower’s range, damage, or firing speed. All these upgrades and improvements
definitely make Defense Grid 2 worth checking out this month. "

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
- Dr Dogg
"Paul Prospero, an occult-minded private detective, has received a disturbing letter from a boy named Ethan Cater. Reading the letter
Paul realises the boy is in danger and travels to Red Creek Valley, Ethan’s home. Things turn out to be worse than he imagined, Ethan
has disappeared in the wake of a brutal murder, which Paul quickly discerns might not be the only local murder worth looking into.

Developed by The Astronauts, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter is played from a first person perspective where you experience the
environment through exploration and the story unfolds around your interaction with Red Creek Valley. On the surface it seems to play
out like an adventure game with investigation and examination being key hooks. This is done in a few ways, by observing the
environment or by using Paul's abilities to help pinpoint clues, items and the suchlike. Paul can also communicate with the dead and
see how they died in order to gather clues. Though the focus isn't solely on puzzles and problem solving but mainly on the atmosphere
and the characters of Red Creek Valley. From what I've seen so far it appears there is a narration by Paul as you play. There is no
combat but you are allowed to progress and investigate at your own pace and Red Creek Valley isn't locked down and you're free
to explore and investigate as you see fit."

Fable Anniversary
- Jawmuncher
"This upgrade bring's the game graphics and audio to fit into today's standards. Making it a great starting point for those who have never
played fable and fans who want to experience the adventure once again. If you're a fan of action RPGs and being able to make your own
choices in games. You owe it to yourself to journey in Albion."

Planetarian
- BinaryPork2737
"Planetarian ~the reverie of a little planet~ is a post apocalyptic kinetic novel (as in, there is no player interaction with it and it's
completely linear). The story is told from the point of view of a Junker, a middle aged former soldier scavenging the ruins of an old city
for anything useful for survival in a world devastated by biological and nuclear warfare. After coming across a seemingly abandoned
planetarium, the junker finds a strange android named Yumemi, who seems to have no knowledge of the events around her. Going into
further detail would ruin the feels."

The Masterplan
- More_Badass
"The Masterplan is set in the 70s, the era of The Getaway and Dog Day Afternoon, of cunning thieves and daring heists. From a
top-down perspective, you control a group of crooks in typical tactical game fashion (set waypoints, select actions, pause and queue
commands) as you plan out and conduct increasingly complex robberies. Pick locks, hold up customers, watch for cops, go in guns
blazing or be methodical and precise; a wealth of tactics are at your disposal in The Masterplan."

Roundabout
- More_Badass
"Kuru Kuru Kururin meets Tony Hawk. That's probably the best way to describe Roundabout. Across this wild and zany open world, you
guide a revolving limousine through the maze-like streets and other obstacle-laden areas as you chauffeur passengers, perform tricks,
unlock new skills; live action cutscenes bring the story and world of Roundabout to life."

i3e1K7Zg1FFgT.png

iVz5OFp87Lyk7.png

Thread rules:
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread. Splitting retail packs is fine in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your steam stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
  • Examples of good posting behaviour and poor posting behaviour.
FAQ:
  • Sites that list Steam profile Stats? - Check list, remember not to spam this thread with your profile stats:
ibqIESyjpcC7Z0.png

iBsHuI4DuuPPH.png

i185Lny7C9aRW.png

cK5LaD7.png
Steam Game Recommendations for October (New releases on Steam)

• Every month gaffers talk about what games should be on your radar for the upcoming month by submitting mini recommendations.
  • Check the OP to see games were highlighted by our members for this month to get an idea.

Rules:
  • 1. Choose a game that you think is worth watching out for in October Send me a PM to request.
  • 2. Write about it, 60+ words would be great, feel free to go over it.
  • 3. Send me a PM with what you have written before the deadline: 29th September

Games / Gaffers:

Farming Simulator 15 - BinaryPork2737
The Evil Within - Hugstable
Legend of Korra - Uzzy
Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition - MRORANGE
Ryse - Dr Dogg
Alien: Isolation - Divius
Costume Quest 2 - jshackles
Borderlands The Pre Sequel - ANuclearError
Cilvization Beyond Earth - ANuclearError
Ozium - cosmochoria

i185Lny7C9aRW.png

i185Lny7C9aRW.png

MRORANGE

Hey SteamGAF,

Sorry if this thread is earlier than expected, but I'm starting work again tomorrow at a new job, plus it's September in JaseC land anyway. I've linked Modbot to the new thread. I'm going to be really busy this year so I won't post that much, apologies if I don't respond to PM's but I will try and respond to them as soon as I can. Always happy to take in recommendations for October and other months :) Instructions as always in the bottom part of the OP.

Hope that's everything, have a good month everyone, hopefully I can make the Steam | October thread, if not you can always join this fantastic community right here.

Strider

The only appropriate thread title for the month <3

--

So Fable Anniversary... How many of you would recommend the game? Is it region locked?

Deadbeat

Banned
I saw in some new gameplay video that the Gauntlet reboot has equipment you can buy now. Is it permanent progression or just temporary for that excursion with friends? I am curious.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Nice thread, some really great games are coming out this month.

Well the idlemaster program is decent but I didn't expect to have so many cards. I still have 40+ games to go and my laptop was basically on all day idling for cards. Well at least I now have a working computer to play games on now

Exuro

What's the scoop on this new Gauntlet? Have literally heard nothing of this game.
Looked like a decent coop game from the pax videos. Similar to the original gauntlet at the very least. I personally would had opted for a Legends game, as I put hours into the 64 version, but this is better than no Gauntlet at all.

Enco

I'm missing the context behind that title. :(
Guy new to GAF comes to the thread and asks for free Humble keys.

He says 'nice thread btw' to try and get people to not get too worked up.

People call him out and he says sorry.

Couldn't be bothered to track it down :lol

Kaper

Since that announcement about a definitive edition of State of Decay coming out on Xbone, if I won't be able to play it right away, should I just wait to see if it comes to PC w/ the dlc bundled?

Mono

So, I kind of played 9 straight hours of Heileen 3 yesterday. :X

It's completely ridiculous, even for a dating sim, so don't take it seriously if you intend on playing it. I haven't played the other two, but I definitely want to play them after I'm done getting some more endings. There's a lot -- 4 waifu endings, 4 husbando endings, and 14 (?) career endings, where you screw the romance and take over the ship.

They're actually kind of disappointing; that's all that your virtue alignment and stats are for. :X

Great game! Above average for a dating sim visual novel.

Perun

New Alone in the Dark info

"FOUR HEROES

The Hunter, the Witch, the Priest and the Engineer each offer unique gameplay experiences with distinctive weapons, skills and powers.

MULTIPLAYER

Cooperative multiplayer modes let you battle The Darkness with all four characters, or build smaller teams for a greater challenge."

Looks like it will be a primarily co-op game. Pre-order cancelled.

Porcupine

I didn't know that was a thing. Can't stop laughing. One page after 18 months. And I don't even mind signing into Uplay
when playing on Steam
. :lol

The last post in the thread is fantastic:

I know Uplay causes cancer and may be the anti-christ. however since we have to use it for Ubisoft games, i wouldn't mind having some neogaf friends. Uncreatively, my uplay name is Baron_Calamity.

I too had to pick up a cheaper mouse recently after my Razer Imperator died (never buying from that terrible company again) and ended up settling for this one: http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00889SAE8/
If you can afford to go a bit higher than 15&#8364; this one offers a lot of bang for your buck.
I got a cooler master mouse that was $32 with a $10 rebate, tiny bit above your price range but full featured and I've been really happy with it.
Edit: CM Storm Recon is what it is. Seems to be back up to the $40 range now though.
Well, both look really good actually. Hmm, my heart says go but my budget says no. Guess I'll have to go with the CSL - SM 690 for 13&#8364;.
Thanks for the input guys!

def sim

Guy new to GAF comes to the thread and asks for free Humble keys.

He says 'nice thread btw' to try and get people to not get too worked up.

People call him out and he says sorry.

Couldn't be bothered to track it down :lol

Ah I see

Word must be spreading how generous this thread can be.

Yikes

So, it was mik. I hope it was all a misunderstanding and he tries to join the thread properly. Last I saw him, he was asking the thread about Diablo.

So, I kind of played 9 straight hours of Heileen 3 yesterday. :X

It's completely ridiculus, even for a dating sim, so don't take it seriously if you intend on playing it. I haven't played the other two, but I definitely want to play them after I'm done getting some more endings. There's a lot -- 4 waifu endings, 4 husbando endings, and 14 (?) career endings, where you screw the romance and take over the ship.

They're actually kind of disappointing; that's all that your virtue alignment and stats are for. :X

Great game! Above average for a dating sim visual novel.

Im curious what you think makes it above average? My impression was that you just chase after a profession? Seemed like there was little in the way of character interaction and choice.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

"FOUR HEROES

The Hunter, the Witch, the Priest and the Engineer each offer unique gameplay experiences with distinctive weapons, skills and powers.

MULTIPLAYER

Cooperative multiplayer modes let you battle The Darkness with all four characters, or build smaller teams for a greater challenge."

"As a direct descendant of Edward Carnby, a hero of the original Alone in the Dark, the Hunter grew up enthralled by the adventures of the “Supernatural Private Eye.” He knew every detail of every case, including the notes of the strange creatures encountered. His grandfather was his mentor and as such the Hunter vowed that he too would help rid the world of the evil Darkness.

Primary Weapons and Abilities: AK47, M4, P90, Flamethrower."

NFmw5qu.gif

Shadownet

Banned
JaseC. If you're reading this. Message me on Steam and stop snoozing. I'm trying to do something nice for you here.

:p

madjoki

"FOUR HEROES

MULTIPLAYER

Now why would ALONE in dark be co-op...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom