• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wait do people still not know about the 11:11:11 save file trick in MGS1?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
This is something that happened to my brother ages ago on his first playthrough of the game. He was on disc 2 and he happened to save his game at 11:11:11. The next day when he loaded his game up he realised that the game was playing the opening cutscene again but the screen was black with audio only so he thought the game fucked up big time. A day later I decided to play through the game again so I had disc 1 in and out of curiosity I loaded up the file.

Bam cutscene was now showing properly, it put him back at the very start of the game but now... you had every item in the game in your inventory from the very beginning.

I've never seen it mentioned and looking it up on google I got no hits.

morpix

Haven't heard of it. My save is at ~10 hours, so I might go load it up again (PS3 digital purchase)

McDougles

show+me+the+receipts.gif

mrmickfran

After all this time, people are STILL finding secrets?

It's like in Wave Race Blue Storm, where they found a new announcer 12 years after the game's release.

Cartman86

Banned
What do you mean every item in the game? Like one of each? Including stuff you wouldn't use early in the game? Sounds like bullshit or Gameshark nonsense.

Yarbskoo

Have you done this more than once? Have you done this with other versions of the game or different memory cards?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
After all this time, people are STILL finding secrets?

It's like in Wave Race Blue Storm, where they found a new announcer 12 years after the game's release.

Well I've known about it since 1998, I thought it would have been posted somewhere or something by now, saw the MGS4 was it sent off properly thread and it sparked my memory of this and decided to look it up.

What do you mean every item in the game? Like one of each? Including stuff you wouldn't use early in the game? Sounds like bullshit or Gameshark nonsense.

Yup like the heatcard, camo, bandana, all that little stuff.

Have you done this more than once? Have you done this with other versions of the game or different memory cards?
Well I've never tried to replicate it as well it would take 11 hours and on top of that you would have to snipe the time perfectly. It's just something I locked away in my mind. It was on an official sony memory card though, no gameshark involved at any time.

I just remember thinking "Oh wow cool you saved it at exactly 11:11:11! what are the odds of that!" then the next day hearing my brother rage :lol

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

This.

You can't say it's an actual trick/cheat if it's something that only happened once a long time ago. There could have been any number of variables involved. It needs to be verified.

CO_Andy

Detective GAF needs to get on this.

This'll probably be more exciting than finding about a hidden vagina in Geist.

McDougles

This sounds like a Mew truck-tier rumor, in my opinion. People are going to waste their time looking for this (unless the very unlikely scenario that this is true occurs).

I'm not sure I would have brought it up were it not for trying to replicate it yourself. That's all I'm concerned about.

JazzmanZ

Yeah OP and if you catch a dratini and level it up to dragonite only with rare candies it'll evolve into Yoshi.

Top Bottom