• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wait do people still not know about the 11:11:11 save file trick in MGS1?

Wait, so you'd need to save your game at exactly 11 hours, 11 minutes, 11 seconds? Seems like it would be nearly impossible to properly time it to save at the second mark. I'm calling BS on this.

Subscribing for future shame or glory, either way it will be magnificent when someone produces a save at that time.

Haha future shame or glory.

I'm gonna have to load up my old save and see where I'm at, but I don't think I have anything close to the 11 hour mark.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Wait, so you'd need to save your game at exactly 11 hours, 11 minutes, 11 seconds? Seems like it would be nearly impossible to properly time it to save at the second mark.

That's the problem with this, let alone I'm pretty damn sure not many people took that long to beat the game in the first place.

Aizo

Banned
It's possible that it wasn't the only condition. Your brother may have done several things that led to that. Or, it could be a glitch..

Could have been a random save file corruption. Weird thing about MGS1 though is that all the level/gameplay data is on both discs, only the VO/cutscene data is different.

There's a group called RedCode Interactive that does a *TON* of hacking of the MGS series. They put out a dev menu (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpkb8jUXETo) that has the ability to select any level in the game, but if you go to a level normally on disc 2, it just won't have any VO/cutscenes. So it's possible that disc 2 has the data from disc 1 and it just didn't render the cutscene.

Anyway, RedCode Interactive's stuff is worth looking at if you're into MGS, they've found a ton of stuff hidden in the game code.

New002

Where do I surf if I want to catch a Pikablu? Playing Red. Thanks in advance!

I want this save glitch to be real.

Could have been a random save file corruption. Weird thing about MGS1 though is that all the level/gameplay data is on both discs, only the VO/cutscene data is different.

There's a group called RedCode Interactive that does a *TON* of hacking of the MGS series. They put out a dev menu (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpkb8jUXETo) that has the ability to select any level in the game, but if you go to a level normally on disc 2, it just won't have any VO/cutscenes. So it's possible that disc 2 has the data from disc 1 and it just didn't render the cutscene.

Anyway, RedCode Interactive's stuff is worth looking at if you're into MGS, they've found a ton of stuff hidden in the game code.

I can't get enough of stuff like this, thanks for the link!

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
ShengLongEGMScan.jpg

I have a healthy skepticism.

shuri

Banned
Guys meet up behind the library after school and bring 5$ each for the SNES Blood Code for Mortal Kombat.

I will also be carrying full move printouts of Samurai Shodown, Fatal Fury 2 and Street Fighter 2, available for 2$ each. high quality copies!

Aces&Eights

Damn, OP. You are brave to being up something like this to GAF with no pics, videos or any other evidence, lol. I've counted two mods and a ton of doubters so far. Really hope this proves true... for your sake. Muwahahaha.

I want this to be true.

Edit: 3 mods.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Damn, OP. You are brave to being up something like this to GAF with no pics, videos or any other evidence, lol. I've counted two mods and a ton of doubters so far. Really hope this proves true... for your sake. Muwahahaha.

I want this to be true.

I don't lie. I might get something wrong, but I never lie.

ekgrey

i love detectiveGAF. eagerly awaiting reading the findings over coffee in the morning. :)

the Geist thread was legendary. wish I'd actually been a member then.

Branduil

Weirdest glitch I saw in a game was when I was playing Goldeneye with cheat codes including invisibility and a soldier with an ear for a face showed up.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Weirdest glitch I saw in a game was when I was playing Goldeneye with cheat codes including invisibility and a soldier with an ear for a face showed up.

My favorite is if you toss C4 on someone in Red Faction and save the game and load it back up the C4 would still be on them but they would be stuck running in one place in mid air :3

I'd be kinda mad if I happened to save at 11:11:11 and it forced me to restart the game. I wouldn't feel any better having all my items at the start of the game, either.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'd be kinda mad if I happened to save at 11:11:11 and it forced me to restart the game. I wouldn't feel any better having all my items at the start of the game, either.

Yeah my brother just about quit the game after that happened. I just filled him in on what happened before the final fight and let him play my save.

Top Bottom