• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Almost GTA:SA's 10 year anniversary. Did you like playing as CJ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
A lot of you may not have been around when GTA: San Andreas was released, but some people had a lot of trouble playing as CJ. I remember a GAF thread that was pretty surprising, lots of people not wanting to play as him and instead would have preferred someone like Tommy Vercetti or Claude.

Did you enjoy GTA: San Andreas' story and characters? If not, why not?

h4i8YMk.png

**note: this is not about discussing the gameplay, strictly the story and characters.

GTA: SA reveal thread from 2004
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=820

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Loved CJ and I remember all the "controversy" over him being the protagonist, but people are dumb so what are you going to do?

Seanspeed

Banned
Why were people 'having trouble' playing as him? :/

Thought he was one of the better fleshed out characters and the more low rent LA setting was something we hadn't seen a lot of before. I thought it all worked out really good.

Fox Mulder

He was a better character than the other two, plus you could customize him by working out or getting fat. I also loved having to learn how to use weapons or vehicles proficiently.

lem0n

I absolutely loved it. When it released on PS2, that was my very first midnight launch. I was there with my mom LOL. I was like 13. I thought playing as CJ was super cool because I loved his character, the setting, his friends etc.... I thought the controversy around the whole thing was stupid.

It's actually my favorite game of all time. I have 2 copies of PS2, one a sealed black label, an Xbox original copy, one physical pre-patch PC copy, one on Steam, and one on my HTC One. Yeah I have a problem.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Why were people 'having trouble' playing as him? :/

Thought he was one of the better fleshed out characters and the more low rent LA setting was something we hadn't seen a lot of before. I thought it all worked out really good.

lol

Anyways, I 'related' to CJ nicely

Boney

Banned
Why are people dancing around the issue and not saying what it is

I'm confused :(

I thought cj was great as well.

Blueingreen

Not as cool as Tommy Vercetti but my second favourite protaganist, easily the best GTA game tho. I'm really annoyed that Rockstar had to ruin the series with the implimentation of real-world physics, completely sucked all the fun out of the franchise.

Forkball

CJ is the best. I really enjoyed customizing him, I wish they would bring that aspect back in greater detail in future GTA games.

People had issues with CJ because he was black. I don't know why anyone is acting oblivious to the fact. I remember all the nonsense I was reading online. It sickened me. The worst was the "can't relate" argument.

Pouh

Loved the heck out of it.

Still my favourite PS2 game (if we count out arcade ports :p), and I still have the DVD of the PC version, bought on release week. Can't find that (in)famous post comparing Italian mafia and CJ...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Link to the reveal thread is in the OP, if you want to see it.

Not as cool as Tommy Vercetti but my second favourite protaganist, easily the best GTA game tho. I'm really annoyed that Rockstar had to ruin the series with the implimentation of real-world physics, completely sucked all the fun out of the franchise.

agreed on everything besides SA being the best GTA, I preferred VC

but yes, the physics engine basically ruined the franchise

Top Bottom