• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Art GAF ~ Anybody doing INKTOBER?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
It starts tomorrow (obviously) and .. well, its awesome! I'll let Jake Parker, the dude who came up with it (and a fucking amazing artist), explain:

89125e0f409ae0f2-weblogo.png

31 Days 31 Drawings

Every October, artists all over the world take on the InkTober drawing challenge by doing one ink drawing a day the entire month. I created InkTober in 2009 as a challenge to improve my inking skills and develop positive drawing habits. It has since grown into a worldwide endeavor with thousands of artists taking on the challenge every year.

Anyone can do InkTober, just pick up a pen and start drawing.

InkTober rules:

1) Make a drawing in ink (you can do a pencil under-drawing if you want).

2) Post it on your blog (or tumblr, instagram, twitter, facebook, flickr, Pinterest or just pin it on your wall.)

3) Hashtag it with #inktober

4) Repeat

Note: you can do it daily, or go the half-marathon route and post every other day, or just do the 5K and post once a week. What ever you decide, just be consistent with it. INKtober is about growing and improving and forming positive habits, so the more you’re consistent the better.

That's it! Now go make something beautiful.

For more information, please visit the site

This is my first time participating, and GAF has a pretty good art community so I think we could get something pretty decent going! I'll try to update my progress daily.

Goddammit, I wish I had my new smartphone so I could take some good quality pics. My printer scanner is just terrible.

I'm in. Subbed. Finally I'll get some consistent day-to-day use out of my sketchbook. This gon' be fun.

Air

Banned
Was going to, but the way I roll out my updates prohibited that, so instead I made an illustration ebook with a bunch of digital art. Also, I don't have the right tools to do inktober traditionally so there's that.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Day One!

No real theme in mind, just whatever comes up in my head for now. I started with loose pencils just to get something going, but I might start going straight to inks soon as well.

By6ttH6CIAANBZT.jpg:large

Timo

kZY9uVZ.jpg

I dunno if it will be all horror ish themed or not. Or this intricate. We will see.

PS I cant wait to see more from you Raging, you are ballin.

I consider my inking to be pretty terrible; I don't even try it anymore (just go straight to the computer). I envy people with steady, cold blooded hands . I'll try my best.

Got the worst luck. My phone won't charge and I won't get a new one until tomorrow. I inked a drawing and everything, so I need to find my camera somewhere around here. I know, "excuses, excuses." Fucking LG piece of shit!

Looking great so far. :D

Jhoan

acbo4Ku.jpg

Did this one yesterday. Expect another subway drawing pic tonight and tomorrow since I draw people in the subway daily. This sounds like fun so count me in. Discipline to draw something every day is something I lack. Will spread to student friends. Xavi, your work is boss as always.

isitstill

I'm doing it. I'm isitstill on Instagram.

Good stuff on GAF! Hey, sorry for a dumb question, but what are you using to post images to GAF? Imgur works like garbage on my phone.

ugh i wanna participate but i didn't even know about it until now and its already 3 oct here :x

will just subscribe to this thread

Timo

ygC2CVz.jpg

Day 2 of Inktober, and man oh man do I love nasty organic edge borders now. This is Friday the 13th 2 or early part of 3 Jason, I lovingly refer to him as bag head Jason, no idea what other people call him.

And YesNOnoNOYes, just go ahead and jump in. You can play however you like, and if it bothers you that bad, do a few extra this weekend to catch up. It's all for the fun of it anyways, so enjoy!

Raging Spaniard

Day Two! I wanted to make a fight scene of sorts, but it ended up whats basically Hunter S. Thompson driving while on cocaine. Im pretty OK with that.

By_v2qFCUAAaB_-.jpg:large

Nice work Timo! Good craftsmanship as always.

BTW for my images I just link them from twitter.

Dudes! I'm gonna try this (first timer as well)
Timo killing it with the inks as always. Spaniard love the energy in the recent one!

I haven't touched physical media in a while...Starting off less ambitious.

I've been watching One Piece, so I'm gonna roll with some wacky characters.
Went straight to inks on these 2.

mD9l8ZF.png

WWAOhx4.png

Jhoan

Numero tres that I did on my way home earlier today. This dude looked much younger than the way I drew him. Dat grey suit man; he looked like a boss with his brown shoes, kick ass haircut, and the white shirt. It reminded me a lot of Tom Cruise's bad ass suit in Collateral . I absolutely loved his suit.

sarcastor

i have a sketchbook in my car when I'm driving for Lyft and in the late mornings I have time for some sketches in a random part of San Francisco. although these are from late september. I need to actually draw some in October :(

10693577_1493326914284438_761305340_n.jpg

10706676_663428667089422_1243104582_n.jpg

10632574_10152377167257742_3457379113552767814_n.jpg

it's only four days in!

Cool, I'll do the every week route. As I always illustrate on weekend, or just do the daily routine assuming work doodles count and use the hashtag in my in Instagram. The name is pretty catchy and I like the idea, thank for sharing OP.

Raging Spaniard

Almost didnt make it in time! Had a late day.

Anyways, today I just went straight to inks, no pencil sketching or anything.

BzFY4-sCYAAdOhs.jpg:large

Timo

qnxIAUy.jpg

Day 3. This started off as a luchador. Yeah.

Deff not too late to start, anyone who wants to do some ink the rest of the month, even half way through the month, fuck it and do it. It's just a great excuse to make yourself draw (which is something I needed).

Stayed up till 4AM doing this, shits reminding me of art shool so much. I missed all nighters.

PS Better than I can hatch drunk DM_Uselink, thats for damn sure, hah.

Lazyslob

Banned
ygC2CVz.jpg

Day 2 of Inktober, and man oh man do I love nasty organic edge borders now. This is Friday the 13th 2 or early part of 3 Jason, I lovingly refer to him as bag head Jason, no idea what other people call him.

And YesNOnoNOYes, just go ahead and jump in. You can play however you like, and if it bothers you that bad, do a few extra this weekend to catch up. It's all for the fun of it anyways, so enjoy!

this is awesome

I'm only doing the weekly version, and I finished the first one today:

I'm just going to link them all from my dA page. I cleared having the address there with a mod (I put that on all my dA images), so it should be fine.

Also Timo is some kind of art god, apparently.

Raging Spaniard

Day Four. It had been too long without any fight scenes! Plus, girls who fight are awesome. Like, forreals.

BzKKeL0IIAEXMFf.jpg:large

Collete

Jeeze, NanoWriMo in a month, and now INKTOBER...too many artistic months!

Also is it ok if I digitally do this but only using the "Ink" brush. I don't really have the right tools to do it physically, and digital is all I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom