• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mysterious Marvel Studios event/presentation to take place in LA Tuesday 28th October

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newsarama reporting that Marvel has invited a bunch of websites and movie sites to some type of presentation/event next Tuesday in LA:

Marvel Studios is taking a page from Silicon Valley, and issued a surprise, and mysterious, invitation for Tuesday, October 28. The invitations, extended to Newsarama and other sites that cover comic book movies, says nothing other than the date, the morning time, and the location of the El Capitan Theatre in Los Angeles. The invitation certainly brings to mind what Apple has done when announcing a major product in the past. It does specify the event is a Marvel Studios one, not Marvel Comics.

http://www.newsarama.com/22550-marv...breaks-records-agent-carter-adds-to-cast.html

Thanks to Rollo Tomasi in the Marvel Cinematic Universe OT.

MOD ABUSE:

Ant-Man - July 17 2015
Captain America: Civil War - May 6 2016
Doctor Strange - November 4 2016
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - May 5 2017
Thor: Ragnarok - July 28 2017
Black Panther - November 3 2017
Avengers: Infinity War: Part I - May 4 2018
Captain Marvel - July 6 2018
Inhumans - November 2 2018
Avengers: Infinity War: Part II - May 3 2019

Incoming Black Panther/Captain Marvel/Inhumans/Runaways/MoonKnight/Squirrel Girl movie announcements.

They might be announcing the actor playing Doctor Strange.

Could just be that they're moving away from the Comic-Cons as a outlet for sharing news about future projects, and are trying to control their own narrative a la Apple.

Could be OMG SPIDER-MAN IN MCU STARTING TODAY!!!!!!

We'll see, I guess. We'll probably get some interesting news out of it, at the very least.

I'm expecting a new press-only AoU trailer, Cap 3 title announcement (with Evans and RDJ on-site), and Doctor Strange details including main cast.

And maybe tentative titles for movies through 2018.

it won't be that much stuff

Ophelion

I'd like it to be about Captain Marvel, but realistically it'll be Doctor Strange or elaboration on stuff we already know a fair deal about.

Dalek

I'm of the opinion this has to be related to those Spidey rumors. Why would they call a big press conference to announce a new film title, or casting or plot details, etc? They would just issue a press release or wait til comic con.

Swiggy Swoogy Spiderman coming for that booty. It's gotta be Doc Strange.. and hopefully Black Panther.

I wouldn't mind MCU Spider-Man be announced.

jmood88

I doubt it'll have anything to do with Black Panther but I'll get my hopes up anyway. If it's something on Spider-Man, that'd be great, too.

Could just be that they're moving away from the Comic-Cons as a outlet for sharing news about future projects, and are trying to control their own narrative a la Apple.

Could be OMG SPIDER-MAN IN MCU STARTING TODAY!!!!!!

We'll see, I guess. We'll probably get some interesting news out of it, at the very least.
I like the idea of this.

Your name hurts my columns

It seems to be the winner of the GAFs Favourite Username award, so it's staying :p

Captain America 3:
civil-war-2015.jpg

Likely announcement - Further Avengers details (guessing this was meant to be the initial trailer premiere), with some names given for Cap 3, Ant-Man (maybe first footage), Doctor Strange, and Agent Carter.

What I hope this is - Spiderman joining the MCU, first appearance in Cap 3.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
When its the Spider-Man joining the MCU Event is, that I will be like this:

emo_peter_parker_dance11.gif

But I rather think of an Phase III Announcement...

Dalek

Again though-has Marvel ever called a press conference - other than ComicCon - for any film announcement? This seems very sudden too-announcing it 4 days ahead of time-I would think that this is something major that they want to release and not let anyone scoop them. It has to be bigger than just "Dr. Strange is coming" or "Black Panther will be played by ____"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom