• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mysterious Marvel Studios event/presentation to take place in LA Tuesday 28th October

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmood88

It is kind of wierd that Fox fans keep claiming DOFP was some pinacle of filmmaking, and hoping people buy into it. It's like if I went around telling everyone I was voted People's Sexiest Man Alive of 2014.

Yeah, I don't get it. I liked Days of Future Past a lot but it wasn't the best comic book movie to come out this year.

Pachimari

I really don't expect anything else than Age of Ultron at this event.

Surely not Spidey in the MCU.

What I hope for but don't expect is a Phase 3 movie announcement like Black Panther or Captain Marvel.

Even a first look at Jessica Jones would be nice.

mreddie

Sneak peek at Daredevil, Agent Carter, reveal something for SHIELD, reveal Lily as Wasp, reveal a legit MARVEL fighting game for current gen consoles and reveal Captain Marvel and Black Panther dates and announce who will be Strange.

My guesses.

I hope we get something good on Tuesday.

It is kind of wierd that Fox fans keep claiming DOFP was some pinnacle of filmmaking, and hoping people buy into it. It's like if I went around telling everyone I was voted People's Sexiest Man Alive of 2014.

But it wasn't, and I don't think anyone's said that. It was a really good comic book movie. It wasn't as great as Winter Soldier, but it stands up to a fair majority of MCU movies.

Pinnacle is hyperbole. Same with calling some of us fox fans. Scust, I can't stan for any studio. Especially one under Murdoch

But I honestly do believe the latest xmen stands tall over MCU efforts. Much better acting and character drama. Plus the action improved with the addition of my waifu blink and quicksilver

This ain't the xmen thread tho I dunno why we talking about this

Hopefully the announcement is black panther

anaron

Sneak peek at Daredevil, Agent Carter, reveal something for SHIELD, reveal Lily as Wasp, reveal a legit MARVEL fighting game for current gen consoles and reveal Captain Marvel and Black Panther dates and announce who will be Strange.

My guesses.

stahp, nothing will now compare to this majestic hypothetical

But it wasn't, and I don't think anyone's said that. It was a really good comic book movie. It wasn't as great as Winter Soldier, but it stands up to a fair majority of MCU movies.

I'm not about to bother digging around for quotes, but I've seen a few GAFfers asserting that it was some pinnacle of blockbuster filmmaking on a completely different artistic level from anything Marvel Studios has put out.

I mean, preferring it to TWS or GotG is fine, personal taste and all, but come on.

Spinluck

It is kind of wierd that Fox fans keep claiming DOFP was some pinacle of filmmaking, and hoping people buy into it. It's like if I went around telling everyone I was voted People's Sexiest Man Alive of 2014.

I am no Fox fan, but I did enjoy that movie.

biDFHU0.gif

Vince McMahon confirmed for Avengers 5.

S1kkZ

they push the ant-man release back, because they finally realised there is no way the director can crunch out a decent film until next july.

If it's a Spider-Man announcement I may explode with excitement.

More likely it's the announcement of some Phase 3 movie titles. Maybe more Dr Strange stuff.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I'll go with: Spidey joining the MCU in a solo movie and Captain America: Civil War. Will be played by Andrew Garfield, solo movie to set up "new" universe but characteristics from the ASM movies won't change too much.

probably the Netflix stuff.

Avengers No Strings is the movie they are pushing now til April-May

It's billed as a Marvel Studios event. Marvel Television is technically a division of Marvel Studios, but I don't think they've used the Studios branding for anything other than the films themselves.

Penguin

Well if you are in LA on Tuesday, it seems to be a semi-public event, can get tickets here

http://t.co/uCGbRDcBnq

Based on that, would imagine it's showcasing some scenes from Avengers. Perhaps the trailer, and the opening like 10 minutes or so.

But could just be reading into it.

J10

Banned
A little birdie just told me they're gonna announce a Rocket & Groot movie as well as a standalone Gamora origin film.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Mentioned it in another thread, but this is almost certainly them filling out the blanks in their movie schedule to not let DC be all abuzz. DC isn't really a threat, but they can be, and they can get people talking. I expect at least one of these films to receive casting. Probably Black Panther.

Dai101

Banned
Mentioned it in another thread, but this is almost certainly them filling out the blanks in their movie schedule to not let DC be all abuzz. DC isn't really a threat, but they can be, and they can get people talking. I expect at least one of these films to receive casting. Probably Black Panther.

What buzz? Just the AoU trailer killed any buzz they did with their annoouncement, whatever that was.

ReiGun

Filling in the blanks of those dates they announced way back when. If any casting is announced, I expect it to be they finally picked someone to be Doctor Strange.

Well if you are in LA on Tuesday, it seems to be a semi-public event, can get tickets here

http://t.co/uCGbRDcBnq

Based on that, would imagine it's showcasing some scenes from Avengers. Perhaps the trailer, and the opening like 10 minutes or so.

But could just be reading into it.

If it were only AOU-related, I would think they'd have the sense to label it as such upfront.

But probably best not to set expectations too high, still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom