• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lords of the Fallen | PC Performance Thread

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
lords_pc_performance_by_alooo81-d84itnk.png

PC System Requirements:
OS: Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1) or Windows 8 (only 64 bit OSs
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.66Ghz or AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0Ghz
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 460 or better
DirectX: Version 11
Hard Drive: 25 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card with Latest Drivers

Benchmarks

Apparently many users are experiencing crashes, but a recent patch was released that may improve performance.

Share your specs, share your performance, share your tips.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I would comment on the performance if I could play for more than 5 minutes before crashing :)

SZips

I would comment on the performance if I could play for more than 5 minutes before crashing :)

Try windowed mode or borderless windowed. I had to set it to windowed in the ini prior to even launching since it was crashing before any of the intro videos even played.

Tried it out, ran rock solid 60 fps for me but I would get random dips for no reason, like standing still in a room and I would see the fps drop and then shoot back up. The game also doesn't like DSR, it defaults to the 30hz DSR resolutions for me.

System Specs:
2500K @ 4.5Ghz
8GB Ram
Samsung Evo SSD
GTX 980

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Try windowed mode or borderless windowed. I had to set it to windowed in the ini prior to even launching since it was crashing before any of the intro videos even played.

my first 2 crashes were borderless windowed, where I also got ASS performance because aparently SLI doesnt play nice with borderless window (on any game,not just this)

when I switched to fullscreen, I got steady 60fps maxed, but crashed 2 more times and said "yup, im good (until a patch)"

So does this run better with a dedicated physx card?

it still crashes if thats what you mean, my physx is set for the second card. if you meant performance wise, Im not sure because my rig is very beefy (for now, I just built it recently).

How CPU heavy is this game? Would my i7 920 at 3.8Ghz hold back what I can expect my AMD 7870 to give me according to that benchmark?

Edit: Or to add, would I get better visuals and/or frame rate with my setup than I'd get with the PS4 version?

maneil99

4gb for 1080p? Does it just use up all the VRAM it can or does it need it.. the average framerates suggest the former.

Waiting for the DF vs's. Apparently the devs said the PS4 and PC versions are the same. Either way its a PC buy for me, just curious

Rhaknar

4gb for 1080p? Does it just use up all the VRAM it can or does it need it.. the average framerates suggest the former.

Waiting for the DF vs's. Apparently the devs said the PS4 and PC versions are the same. Either way its a PC buy for me, just curious

on top of all the crashes and whatnot, the word is that it has nasty memory leaks

Kiyo

So, should I just grab this for PS4 then? I have some PSN credit anyway so I don't mind paying the extra $ for it if the PC version is having problems.

gogosox82

Man its a bummer hearing about all these performance issues :( Was really excited for this game. I think I may wait until I get a ps4 and then pick it up.

knitoe

http://postimage.org/app.php

5930K @4.2GHz
16GB DDR4 2666MHz
SLI Titans

Running max settings @4K, the games uses 5.8GB system ram and 6.1GB VRAM. Getting between 35-50 fps. New video cards can't come soon enough.

Edit: I forgot to mention G-sync works making the game pretty smooth even with my variable fps.

yatesl

Poor performance on any settings for me, at 1080. On medium or high I'm always between 30 and 50fps. Because of how unsmooth it is, though, I've done the unthinkable and capped it at 30fps. It runs OK if I had it at 900p

4670k @ 4.2
GTX 770 2GB
8GB RAM

Salty Hippo

I don't understand that CPU chart. I have an i5 4590 quadcore @ 3.30ghz, a Gigabyte G1 970 SC and 8GB. What would be my performance?

Rhaknar

But chromatic aberration is the future.

ive been hearing about that a lot, what is it exactly? any examples?

I think Lords looks pretty as shit (when its not crashing) :(

also, it seems that even with a .ini fix, you cant turn off physx and that might be why some people are getting shittier performances. Seems the devs are working on a patch for that, hopefully the same patch helps the crashes and what not

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/lords-of-the-fallen-physx

Camp Lo

Banned
680 2GB
i5 3570K
16 GB RAM

I get a pretty steady 50FPS on High

The game looks like I should be wearing 3D glasses or something. It's weird as hell to look at. I might just turn that off.

ArynCrinn

Banned
Posted this on a friends' status on Steam, considering the issues with The Evil Within port. But I think it bears repeating, because we seem to think we should get these amazing smooth running ports that run better/smoother/higher-res than their console counterparts. Really, in the end these days it's up to modders and patch fixes to really make these games show the potential of the PC platform, but NEVER expect that circa 2014 from any developer/pub, including Witcher 3 dev's. Some may not like to hear that after spending so much cash on their PC's or whatever, I've probably spent more than most of GAF combined (21 high-end rigs now, plus a shit ton of spare parts), I'm practically the JaseC of Newegg here. xD But the truth is the truth.

Look at it this way as it relates to these PC multiplats, which sadly are almost ALL AAA games, they encompass 99% of the AAA budget, exclusives to Xbone/WiiU/PS4 aside. For the past I don't know how many years I've watched PC gamers whining and pouting that during specifically the GC/PS2/Xbox gen they got a very small minority of the best games, and when they did the laziest kinds of ports, far worse than anything recent I might add.

But since the 360/PS3/Wii gen until now the almost constant outcry from PC gamers started to pay off, we started getting those games, maybe later, but of better quality than the past. Due mostly to the fact it sells, which is the basis all the Master Race Elitists would soapbox as the REASON to bring it to PC, plus more advantages. Well, now we're getting them. But what we lost in the process was our own PC "exclusives" Crysis and Witcher 2 were arguably the last true PC games. We're now in the full swing of a amalgamation of side by side co-dev for all platforms. And we seem to expect, or feel entitled to what comes to PC be "superior" to meet the subjective standards of "PC gamers".

So instead of using that historical logic and financial reality as a basis for our expectations and apply Occam's razor to expect at least "parity with the consoles", we somehow make the mistake of thinking we've been lied to or scammed somehow. As if a company trying to sell three versions simultaneously and successfully would actually go out of their way to make the smallest market the best product, hate to tell you folks but that's not economically intelligent or financially feasible to assume or suggest. And where all three versions can be considered somewhat equal, you end up with more potential sells on whatever platform X/Y owns. That simple, don't expect it to change. All we can really do is ask for better optimization, NOT superior versions.

Chromatic aberration looks great on trees that are like hundred + meters away like Crysis 3 level limits (it would really add to Kingdom Come: deliverance, for instance), but hell it is just not for something in close proximity.

ArynCrinn

Banned
What resolution and framerate does the PS4 version run at? I'm not in the habit of keeping up with those details.

In any case, whatever they are, set them to run at exactly those marks and see what your performance is. I'd be interested to know.

Edit: 1080p/30fps. Set it to that through Nvidia Inspector or AMD's Catalyst or whatever, and force it on 30fps. See if your performance is solid and at parity with the console version. If so, see how low you can go if you've got a few lower-mid range rigs to play around with before it starts dipping below 26fps. Like I said, don't expect to get better performance on PC, not without the very time consuming effort and expense of coding the game from scratch and testing it to hell and back for all types of specs setups. Which is without a doubt the most difficult development process of the three compared to consoles which all share the exact same variables in hardware on the metal and software-wise.

knitoe

I disable post processing to get rid of Chromatic aberration. I was wondering why the game was a blurry mess.

What resolution and framerate does the PS4 version run at? I'm not in the habit of keeping up with those details.

In any case, whatever they are, set them to run at exactly those marks and see what your performance is. I'd be interested to know.

Edit: 1080p/30fps. Set it to that through Nvidia Inspector or AMD's Catalyst or whatever, and force it on 30fps. See if your performance is solid and at parity with the console version.

Judging from those benchmarks it seems to be running exactly as it should on console-level hardware.

Rhaknar

would be funny if it was post processing that was causing the crashes

I just want to play it :(

Top Bottom