• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lords of the Fallen | PC Performance Thread

NEO0MJ

Feeling better about not rushing to buy it, considering how relatively weak my laptop is to stuff here. I bet it will run even worse.

Zafir

So apparently if you have multiple monitors that can also cause crashing? Because I have my PC monitor and my HDTV connected and I've been playing this on my TV. IT's weird though because even with both monitors connected and on I could play yesterday for hours with no issue.

This really sucks. I'm enjoying the game for what it is but losing progress sucks (I actually crashed yesterday just after getting to a checkpoint to save after a boss. Didn't lose any progress but was damn close). I'm honestly wishing I bought the game on PS4 now which even with other "bad" PC versions (like DR3) I was still glad to play it on my PC (I actually had no real issues with DR3).

I think I'll give it one other go with PhysX to CPU, Turbulence off in the settings and my monitor disabled while in big picture mode (speaking of that, does anyone else get the prompt that you need a KB+M for this game even though that isn't true?).

I've got both my monitor and HDTV hooked up to my PC and Lords of the Fallen wasn't crashing for me after swapping Physx to CPU. I don't see why it would be that causing it. :/

yatesl

Have we worked out why it keeps crashing to desktop (taking out Explorer whilst it's at it)?

I have a GTX 770 2GB and a 4670k. I'm running high settings, full screen, at a measly 1366 x 768 (to maintain 60fps+), and it's constantly dropping me to desktop.

Corpekata

Banned
Have we worked out why it keeps crashing to desktop (taking out Explorer whilst it's at it)?

I have a GTX 770 2GB and a 4670k. I'm running high settings, full screen, at a measly 1366 x 768 (to maintain 60fps+), and it's constantly dropping me to desktop.

Physx set to GPU or Auto seems to do it. Set it to CPU and it should not crash (at least as much).

Aaron

Physx set to GPU or Auto seems to do it. Set it to CPU and it should not crash (at least as much).
Still crashes for me. I've shut off everything, reduced the resolution, and memory leak gets me sooner or later. The game is just busted.

yatesl

I'll give that a shot, and disable turbulence

Edit: now it's popping up saying I have memory issues.

Edit 2: yup, despite that, it's crashed at the same spot as last time - the loading screen after the 4th boss

DZ_b_EZ

WHAT THE FUCK AM I LOOKING AT

3d7co48.jpg

AND WITH WHAT?

3d10zrok.jpg

Seriously, I want to know who sits in on a meeting for this game sees that and says "yep, looks fuckin great! Good job!"

GOOD GOD, MAN!

Do you need 3D glasses for this game?? What's the deal?

Nethaniah

I'm considering buying this, found a limited edition version key for 29 euro, any word on when the next patch is gonna arrive? Mostly for the CA toggle.

Also how long is this game the first time through?

Maffis

Are the crahes/instability issues been fixed yet ?

nope. the developers posted a comment on the discussion forums on steam, around 3 hours ago, that theyre still working on the patch. they said it will fix alot of stability and crashing problems. i guess we have to wait a bit more.

Kezen

Banned
nope. the developers posted a comment on the discussion forums on steam, around 3 hours ago, that theyre still working on the patch. they said it will fix alot of stability and crashing problems. i guess we have to wait a bit more.

Thanks for the heads up. I've only played 10-15 minutes and got a memory leak related crash.

Game looks really good, technically proficient, love the Turbulence effects.
My only gripe with the visuals is that chromatic aberration is completely overdone, they need to make it optional without disabling all the post process effects.

Kriaser

I've tried every possible fix and I'm out of ideas. I get FPS drops on a literal 1 minute or so timer. The FPS drop lasts around 10 seconds and the game runs at around 5-10 FPS. When the drop isn't occurring, I can basically run the game at 60 FPS on all High settings. Before someone yells CPU or memory is the reason, even on the lowest settings this issue occurs. CPU usage caps at around 70% usage, drops to around 35% when the FPS drop occurs. Memory usage sit around 6gb of 8gb used, does not dip or increase when the FPS drop occurs. The FPS drop occurs while in menu screens as well once you have loaded into the game. So, sitting idle at a checkpoint and applying stats will still have the FPS drop occur on these 1 minute intervals.

Specs, directly copied from DxDiag
AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
AMD FX(tm)-8120 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
8gb RAM
Windows 8

Here's everything I've tried to fix this
-Disable vsync
-Disable turbulence
-Low, Medium, High, and Very high settings (of all combinations), all variations have the problem
-Edit settings.ini files in both game directory and in documents
-Beta drivers (AMD released 10/24)

I've reported the issue to CI Games via email with my dxdiag attached, they just said to disable turbulence and vsync, which of course does not help.

I'm at a loss. I'd really enjoy the game if this stopped. Does anyone have any other ideas?

So I finally bought the game after seeing they had apparently put out a patch claiming to fix some issues. First time I go to load the game up, it crashed right away. Second time, another crash. What a great start.

On my third time and every time since it has launched fine and I've had no crashes again yet so far. The game runs fairly well on my 7870, though I have to bump settings down from very high to high on some things. It still looks great on high for me and I've been getting a steady 35 - 50 fps depending on the area. 60 would be nice but I'm happy with the frame rate where it is, except for when out of the blue it all dropped to about 15 - 25 fps and I had to restart the game to correct it. Heh.

Kezen

Banned
I've tried every possible fix and I'm out of ideas. I get FPS drops on a literal 1 minute or so timer. The FPS drop lasts around 10 seconds and the game runs at around 5-10 FPS. When the drop isn't occurring, I can basically run the game at 60 FPS on all High settings. Before someone yells CPU or memory is the reason, even on the lowest settings this issue occurs. CPU usage caps at around 70% usage, drops to around 35% when the FPS drop occurs. Memory usage sit around 6gb of 8gb used, does not dip or increase when the FPS drop occurs. The FPS drop occurs while in menu screens as well once you have loaded into the game. So, sitting idle at a checkpoint and applying stats will still have the FPS drop occur on these 1 minute intervals.

Specs, directly copied from DxDiag
AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
AMD FX(tm)-8120 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
8gb RAM
Windows 8

Here's everything I've tried to fix this
-Disable vsync
-Disable turbulence
-Low, Medium, High, and Very high settings (of all combinations), all variations have the problem
-Edit settings.ini files in both game directory and in documents
-Beta drivers (AMD released 10/24)

I've reported the issue to CI Games via email with my dxdiag attached, they just said to disable turbulence and vsync, which of course does not help.

I'm at a loss. I'd really enjoy the game if this stopped. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Wait for new AMD drivers I'm afraid. On top of that another patch is incoming.
Not much else you can do when the fault lies in the software.

Haroon

So... I have spent money on this game, and it crashes whenever I continue, or start a new game. I suppose it's going to be fixed in patch 1.3?

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Patch 1.3 is live, including a toggle for chromatic aberration!

The following features have been added to the game:
Separate Chromatic Abberation setting (Post Chromashift)
Invert X-axis option
Toggle target switching after killing an enemy option
A warning message when the user enables very high resolution textures (performance and stability issues)

List of fixed technical issues:
Damage value displayed in the inventory when a non-physical weapon is equipped
Sudden contrast changes at the outdoor areas
Missing cursor when displaying message boxes in the game
The splash screens timings that were incorrect on some machines
Scaling for weapons with an attribute requirement lower than 10
First tutorial issue with message box not popping up
Chinese localization issue

List of fixed game design issues:
Planetarium issue where you could get stuck if you died and killed a foe simultaneously
Improved the catacombs pit issue fix- if a player is stuck down there, he will get teleported
Boss extro cutscenes that were triggered when the player and the boss died simultaneously
Incorrect respawn position after death if the player skipped the tutorial
Improved targeting when using Right Stick/button wheel
Rune of Adyr' issue; The rune has been removed from the inventory when starting NG+
Player position when approaching the first tutorial foe
The Crippled Rhogar quest issues; The NPC will now offer the mission even after the player has rejected his initial offer; The NPC will now correctly accept humans skulls in his initial conversation with the player
The crippled Rhogar voice-over after its death
Gate leading to Commander arena; Yetka will no longer close the gate if the enemies are not on the arena
The issue concerning the final boss falling through the floor
The random death after respawn during the final boss encounter
The Guardian boss weapon issue
The issue with the key to the Gardens being dropped too early
Model of portal leading to the Hand of God was changed
Chest in the First Warden arena was removed
Curse weapon issue; The weapon no longer grants additional luck attribute points

Buburibon

Turbulence can cause crashes if not set on the CPU or disabled, be warned.

So, they haven't been able to fix it yet I suppose? I chose to disable it in-game during my first playthrough once I found out that it looked exactly the same disabled as it did when set to "CPU" through Nvidia Control Panel. In my experience, proper GPU-enabled turbulence effects were only fully realized when PhysX was set to "Auto" or "GPU." The latter looked very pretty but not worth the constant crashes, in my opinion.

Now, being able to disable chromatic aberration is going to be a must for my second playthrough. :)

So, how's the game stability wise these days ?

I might pick it up in the steam sale but I want to know if the game still crashes.

Malio

I'd really like to know if the latest patch on December 16th cleared up the issues with this game. It's $25 on the Steam Holiday sale. Has it improved?

Also, I am running a dual core E8400 processor and a GTX 750 ti video card. Do I have any hope of this running decently?

Malio

Tons of people on the Steam boards saying it was crashing constantly and had severe frame-rate issues. They just released another patch 2 days ago, and I'm hoping those issues got fixed.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Tons of people on the Steam boards saying it was crashing constantly and had severe frame-rate issues. They just released another patch 2 days ago, and I'm hoping those issues got fixed.

Personally, I did not have those issues with the previous patch so I can't say if this patch fixed that.

ecosse_011172

i3570K
8GB RAM
GTX 970

I'm running this at 1080P using the GeForce Experience optimised settings and it seems to have a hard limit of 50fps.
Is this just down to settings or some odd limiting?

Top Bottom