• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lords of the Fallen | PC Performance Thread

Jinaar

Jumps from 30 to 60 all the time (No setting to luck up the FPS)

I started getting this just before the 2nd boss.

The only thing I changed before this happened was:

NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL -> CONFIGURE SURROUND,PHYSX -> PHYSX SETTINGS:
- I set it from GPU to CPU (as per a fix suggested to solve my random crashing, which it did solve my random crashing)

Also, I did set my Texture Settings to VERY HIGH.

SETUP:
EVGA 780 3GB Geforce
i7-4790K
16GB RAM
WIN 8.1

Really, another game that I was looking forward to is a technical mess... great.

Also, I will never understand the use of CA. Just fucking hideous, who the hell decides to put this in a game.

It is one thing putting this effect in but another to not give players the option of switching it off. It is bewildering why these sorts of effects are forced upon us.

mephixto

Banned
Really, another game that I was looking forward to is a technical mess... great.

Also, I will never understand the use of CA. Just fucking hideous, who the hell decides to put this in a game.

In some games it kinda improves the look of it(Alien Isolation, Crysis 3) but in this game seems that its set on extreme.

nbthedude

Looks like a 60mb patch is up.
Patchnotes:
Patch1.1 Notes
We would like to announce that the 'Nvidia turbulence' and v-sync options are now available in the advanced in-game video settings with the latest update. Disabling these options will improve the game performance and avoid most of the stability issues.
In order to disable the Nvidia turbulence, please do the following:
1. Launch the game
2. Enter advanced settings in options menu
3. Select 'Nvidia turbulence'
4. Switch the option to 'disabled'
5. Apply changes
6. Restart the game

If you are having problems with the options not being saved after restarting the game, please try changing and applying the settings using a gamepad. We are aware of this issue and it is going to be patched ASAP.

nbthedude

I would REALLY like to be able to get this game to boot at least once, and I've failed so far.

I've tried disabling my second monitor (my TV where I normally play) and rebooting my system. So far, I can't even get it to boot at all. It just crashes every time whether in STeam BPM or regular mode.

Specks

i7 4770k
16GB DDR3 Ram
Gigabyte Geforce 780

Any ideas?

patientx

I heard on another forum that one of the reasons the performance is low is because of this games drm system (a big maybe)

Lords of the Fallen uses EXECryptor as protection.

What dose EXECryptor do for you?
Anti-cracking, anti-debugging, and anti-trace
EXECryptor has innovative, powerful, anti-cracking, anti-debugging, anti-trace, and anti-reversing software in the business. It also has new code protection features to stop the latest cracking software and cracker issues.

What dose it do to your system?
- Severely hinders performance due to additional CPU instruction cycles overhead from machine-level obfuscation.
- Significantly increases the size and affects the speed of a program.

This technology protects the code on the CPU-command level. It is known the x86 processors command system is redundant and allows the execution of the same ‘code’ using various different system commands. It breaks up the protected code into several processor commands or small command snippets and replace them by others, while maintaining the same end result. Thus the protector obfuscates the code not on the source level but on the level of the CPU commands.

Haunted

WHAT THE FUCK AM I LOOKING AT

3d7co48.jpg

AND WITH WHAT?

3d10zrok.jpg

Seriously, I want to know who sits in on a meeting for this game sees that and says "yep, looks fuckin great! Good job!"
Anaglyph 3D is back, baby!

AllenShrz

Tired to run it on low textures and no post processing and still gave me the not enough ram error, fuck that. How much rand does this game need? 32GB?!

At least the option for no post proccessing got rid of the idiotic CA.

I heard on another forum that one of the reasons the performance is low is because of this games drm system (a big maybe)
Wow if true then this is rather fucked up. I get it they try to defend their product but at the expense of their paying customer? Doesnt the same shit happen with securom or whatever? Also they can be accused with false advertising because machines that are much better than the recommended settings are having problem running the game properly.

Patchnotes:

Patch1.1 Notes
We would like to announce that the 'Nvidia turbulence' and v-sync options are now available in the advanced in-game video settings with the latest update. Disabling these options will improve the game performance and avoid most of the stability issues.
In order to disable the Nvidia turbulence, please do the following:
1. Launch the game
2. Enter advanced settings in options menu
3. Select 'Nvidia turbulence'
4. Switch the option to 'disabled'
5. Apply changes
6. Restart the game

If you are having problems with the options not being saved after restarting the game, please try changing and applying the settings using a gamepad. We are aware of this issue and it is going to be patched ASAP.

Odd issue.

So anyone try this and see any significant performance improvements?

FLAguy954

http://postimage.org/app.php

5930K @4.2GHz
16GB DDR4 2666MHz
SLI Titans

Running max settings @4K, the games uses 5.8GB system ram and 6.1GB VRAM. Getting between 35-50 fps. New video cards can't come soon enough.

Edit: I forgot to mention G-sync works making the game pretty smooth even with my variable fps.

Fucking disgusting. Are there any tips on disabling the chromatic aberration?

http://postimage.org/app.php

5930K @4.2GHz
16GB DDR4 2666MHz
SLI Titans

Running max settings @4K, the games uses 5.8GB system ram and 6.1GB VRAM. Getting between 35-50 fps. New video cards can't come soon enough.

Edit: I forgot to mention G-sync works making the game pretty smooth even with my variable fps.
Interesting. I have sli 980s, and and have been playing at 4k with Max settings. So far the average fps is 40-50, and runs quite smoothly.

FLAguy954

In the graphic option, it's only enable or disable. In the ini file, it offers off, low, medium, high and veryhigh.

Yes. Right away, I notice smoke / fog affect gone after disabling Post Processing. Probably, other stuff too.

Damn that doesn't sound good. Is there a way to disable CA separately while keeping the other post processing effects ala Far Cry 3?

So game runs in 26-30fps on Radeon 7850 with Physx particles? Or they disabled by default on AMD cards like in the past?

PhysX only runs on the CPU when you enable it with an AMD card. You would just have to make sure to have an OC'd i5 or higher or you're better off with it disabled.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
The game seems like it would look pretty good if you could just toggle CA off while keeping other post processing on. It seems like a huge bummer to have to lose all of those effects just to disable the egregious CA.

Zomba13

So with the patch and the turbulence toggle I'm actually able to play without crashes now. (at least my last session was a lot longer than any session that has crashed). I tried PhysX to CPU, tried changing the ini to disable it and none of that worked but the in game toggle seems to have.

Kevyt

A 780 beating the 290x and 295x2 (@1080p)? Wow... That was unexpected, especially after Ryse.

I wish....my 295x2 is sad as fuck. At least it's still playable
:(

So the game is not properly optimized for AMD cards right? I'm assuming that's the case here.

And wow at that 270 getting 31-37 FPS VHQ at 1080p. Console quality right there! Makes me very happy to have bought a Sapphire 270 for $70!

Zomba13

The game seems like it would look pretty good if you could just toggle CA off while keeping other post processing on. It seems like a huge bummer to have to lose all of those effects just to disable the egregious CA.

Hopefully that comes as an option in the next patch. It's just ugly and makes the game look bad and right now you have to either have that and the other effects or lose them all and that's not really a nice trade off.

Wray

I only got a chance to check out the first room/area a little last night, since I was mostly playing with graphic settings. With everything set to highest quality at 1080p, I was averaging between 45-60fps. Not sure if that is normal for my setup or not...

My Specs

- Nvidia 780 Ti
- ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO
- Intel Core i7-4770K
- 16GB Ram

I cant see any difference with turbulence on and off honestly. Neither am i noticing any performance increases. Just 30-35 frames per second with drops to 25 :(

Zafir

I swapped my physx to CPU earlier and it seemed to stop the random crashing I was getting.

Performance is still less than great, though. The third boss caused some right fps issues.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so with the PhysX to cPU thing from this morning im not getting crashes

what I am getting (I think I was getting before also but i notice it mroe now) is what I can only describe as a "burn in" effect, like with old plasmas if you left a static image too long, Ill get a red glare if I go to a checkpoint and it wont go away

when I turn off post processing it disapears, anyone gets that?

edit: also going to turn off that nvidia shit in the options and turn physx back to my second gpu to see if the crashes are gone

Zafir

so with the PhysX to cPU thing from this morning im not getting crashes

what I am getting (I think I was getting before also but i notice it mroe now) is what I can only describe as a "burn in" effect, like with old plasmas if you left a static image too long, Ill get a red glare if I go to a checkpoint and it wont go away

when I turn off post processing it disapears, anyone gets that?

Nah I didn't get that before I turned off post processing. I think you should turn off post processing anyway though. I honestly think it makes the game look worse, lol.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Nah I didn't get that before I turned off post processing. I think you should turn off post processing anyway though. I honestly think it makes the game look worse, lol.

aparently you lose effects like smoke and shit tho?

Zafir

aparently you lose effects like smoke and shit tho?
I don't think you lose it entirely, but the effect isn't as pronounced.

I'd say it's a small price to pay to get rid of the awful chromatic aberration though. The game looks miles better without it.

Edit: Figured out what was causing my performance issue. After swapping physx to CPU, the GPU apparently didn't think the game was stressing it enough to it started down clocking. Preferring maximum performance did the trick.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I cant see any difference with turbulence on and off honestly. Neither am i noticing any performance increases. Just 30-35 frames per second with drops to 25 :(

Turbulence is noticeable on stuff like fog and sparks. It seems like that's where it's implemented. It's not gameplay essential, but it sure is really pretty.

Rhaknar

ok, switched physx back to gpu, and im not getting crashes, so either the patch did something, or turning off that new nvidia thing did

I also turned off post processing and it does look better indeed

lukazzo

Neo Member
i keep getting crashes right after choose character and when the game start to load

I receive not enough memory error

My config is i7 3770 r9 290x and 8gb of ram

i try to disable physx, install direct x from game folder, verify the cache, start game as admin but nothing solve the problem

Someone know what can i do?

Radian8

I wasn't having crashing issue but certainly wasn't getting the performance I expected out of my 780 SLI rig. Changed the physx to CPU and got a massive performance boost right away.

I think the game is a real looker when it's cranked, hopefully the patch helps the rest of you out as it's damn good fun so far!

Sanctuary

What is the deal with AF not remembering the setting I set it to? It goes up to 16x in the in game options, yet mine keeps defaulting back down to 4x.

WHAT THE FUCK AM I LOOKING AT

3d7co48.jpg

AND WITH WHAT?

3d10zrok.jpg

Seriously, I want to know who sits in on a meeting for this game sees that and says "yep, looks fuckin great! Good job!"

That's what I see in my game as well and think it's ugly as fuck. How is an image that looked like someone forgot to adjust the focus lens supposed to be "good"? Tastes are subjective, but I can't imagine anyone actually thinks that looks good.

That screenshot made my eyes tear up, CA sucks :( Good thing I can't notice the effect as much when I'm actually playing the game.

It's the very first thing that I noticed as soon as I started playing. It's hideous.

blado

What is the deal with AF not remembering the setting I set it to? It goes up to 16x in the in game options, yet mine keeps defaulting back down to 4x.

That's what I see in my game as well and think it's ugly as fuck. How is an image that looked like someone forgot to adjust the focus lens supposed to be "good"? Tastes are subjective, but I can't imagine anyone actually thinks that looks good.

Same thing happened for me after using the Geforce experience optimizer thing. I can't get it to stick at 16x. Every other setting works.

Sanctuary

Same thing happened for me after using the Geforce experience optimizer thing. I can't get it to stick at 16x. Every other setting works.

I don't even have that installed for reasons precisely relating to that. So it's something else on my end.

Gloam

I've only been able to get to a playable section once. The options keep resetting as well. Hopefully there'll be some more patches in the coming days, fix it up a little.

same, maybe its because I turned off post processing?

It's not that, because I have the same problem and I didn't turn off post processing.

Weird thing is that before the patch I was able to play without issues and now I can't play because I get awful stutter.

bede-x

Fuck this piece of shit software, DON'T BUY THIS GAME ON PC.

Sounds horrible. Will get it on PS4 then. A shame since it's much cheaper and would run better on my PC, but if that version crashes as often as is implied in this thread, there's really no choice. Thanks for the warning.

Top Bottom