• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dad Invites Young Daughter’s Alleged Rapist to Dinner; Tortures Him to Death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Protein

Banned
https://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/25412186/man-invites-daughter-rapist-to-tea-murders-him/

A father is facing murder charges after he invited his teenage daughter’s alleged rapist to dinner before torturing him to death.

The man’s 14-year-old daughter was allegedly raped two months prior by the 45-year-old man.

According to the Indian Express, the father invited the man to his home with the pretense of enjoying a sit-down dinner.

He reportedly strapped the man to a chair, burned his genitals and then strangled him to death.

The father turned himself into authorities following the murder and gave a detailed statement about his attack.

“The father called the medicine supplier over to his house saying he wanted to discuss some issue. He served him dinner,” an officer told the Indian Express.

“After the meal the father overpowered the man and tied him to a chair. He got heated tongs and burned the supplier’s genitals before strangling him to death. He came to the police station and surrendered himself.”

Police say the father had been planning to kill the man for quite some time and that his daughter had told him about the alleged rape as soon as it had happened.

He apparently did not report it to police for fear of his daughter getting “a bad name”.

Einbroch

Banned
Father's only evidence is that his daughter told him.

And he killed him.

Sorry, no sympathy. This wasn't even police allegations, this was his daughter telling him.

Amory

I mean I'm not going to applaud the guy but he did what he felt he had to do and then turned himself in.

Zero2kz

So, was the alleged rapists a friend or acquaintance of this family? Why would he accept a random invite to dinner?

And I am not sure how to respond to what happened. Hopefully they got the right person, and he was actually guilty. But even still...I don't know.

BeeDog

Surprisingly many friends on my FB have shared or liked this news article. While I have absolutely no sympathy for the rapist if he did what he was accused of, I am also mildly shocked that so many I know would condone this kind of violent vigilante justice.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I hope he killed the right guy.

Right, okay, the more I think about it the more yeah, the guy was grossly in the wrong. I was thrown slightly by at least acknowledging that turning himself in was the right thing, but there are so many reasons why this is still clearly unacceptable.

“After the meal the father overpowered the man and tied him to a chair. He got heated tongs and burned the supplier’s genitals before strangling him to death. He came to the police station and surrendered himself.”

Police say the father had been planning to kill the man for quite some time and that his daughter had told him about the alleged rape as soon as it had happened.

He apparently did not report it to police for fear of his daughter getting “a bad name”.

I feel he should have at least reported the rape.

I also feel that he was in the wrong to take justice into his own hands.

Jarlaxle

And he killed him.

Sorry, no sympathy. This wasn't even police allegations, this was his daughter telling him.

It comes down to a matter of trust. If my child told me that and I had enough trust in them, then why wouldn't you believe them.

1. Wants to protect his daughter's reputation

2. Proceeds to torture someone and turns himself in. Guaranteeing media attention to the family.

3. ........Profit

studyguy

There's really no question of this being wrong, the guy himself knew it but did it anyway. Reminds me of the guy who shot the guy who raped his kid and got a slap on the wrist from the courts.

Granted the perp in that case was already prosecuted and found guilty but anyway... an enraged parent is something else.

Xe4

Banned
So is rape. Is murdering a rapist more wrong than raping a murderer?

What? Two wrongs don't make a right. You wan't him to pay, bring charges against him. Have him spend the rest of his life in jail. Murder is NEVER ok.

And he killed him.

Yeah, I can't get behind this. He could have killed a totally innocent person. I don't see how anyone can see this as OK.

Einbroch

Banned
It comes down to a matter of trust. If my child told me that and I had enough trust in them, then why wouldn't you believe them.

Because there are many reasons for a daughter to lie.

She got pregnant, but panicked and said someone raped her. She wanted attention, and lied about it to get sympathy.

I'm not saying she lied. But why would you not report it? The father is completely in the wrong. You can't just kill someone because an emotional teen told you something.

Mailbox

It's stuff like this where I tend to question my moral compass in figuring out what is right and wrong.

No idea how to respond...

Huh...

Damn... I understand how furious the father must have been but holy fuckin shit that is taking it to the next level. Red hot tongs to the balls...

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The-punisher.jpg

esms

I don't have kids (yet), but if I did, I could see myself doing something like this if my daughter was able to ID the person that did it.

I'm going to assume that the child had no reason to lie. I mean, it's possible, but I can't imagine it's likely that she randomly came home and told her father about this 45 year old guy.

I guess what makes this case less sympathetic is the premeditation, but I can't say that I'd know how I'd react in such a case... a two month wait is something though. Beating the shit out of him immediately seems more reasonable, but inviting him to dinner?

Zero2kz

1. Wants to protect his daughter's reputation

2. Proceeds to torture someone and turns himself in. Guaranteeing media attention to the family.

3. ........Profit

Also confused by this.

1. Report rape of daughter.

or

2. Report a murder of someone who raped your daughter.

They both potentially lead to the possible "bad name" for his daughter.

So we have a guy who was not proven to have committed any crime and a guy who actually committed a horrific, inhumane one with absolutely no evidence save the word of a 14 year old.

And GAF can't decide which is worse.

Jarlaxle

Because there are many reasons for a daughter to lie.

She got pregnant, but panicked and said someone raped her. She wanted attention, and lied about it to get sympathy.

I'm not saying she lied. But why would you not report it? The father is completely in the wrong. You can't just kill someone because an emotional teen told you something.

I agree the father should have reported it but let's not pretend we know the situation and level of trust between the father and daughter. He clearly trusted her enough to torture and kill a man to death based on her word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom