• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dad Invites Young Daughter’s Alleged Rapist to Dinner; Tortures Him to Death

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Now, like everyone with a common sense, I hate rapists too but...

Anyone ever seen the Danish film The Hunt? Because I feel like there's a slight chance this may have been what happened here, and it's really not a good thing.

CCS

Banned
This is disgusting. Even if the man is guilty, torturing him to death is barbaric. I could at least sympathize with killing the man, but not like that.

That's not the question. The question is if he committed murder.

thats not a question.
it's a fact.

And it's stupid. How will being in Jail for a long time help your daughter?

I could understand vigilantism if they went to the police and the justice system failed them.
But not even trying to do it the right way? thats just wrong.

Edit: that happened in India?? how about making that clear in the first post, op?

RangerX

Banned
I don't know how to respond to this.

What? It should be fucking simple to respond. The man murdered someone, it doesn't matter what his victim is alleged to have done. Due process and presumption of innocence is one of the bedrocks of a functioning moral society. The courts should decide and if found guilty he should have served the appropiate sentence. Now the father has thrown his own life away. And yes I'd feel the same if it was my own daughter.

2San

Well if this happened in India I sort of understand. I don't trust the justice system in Bangladesh to handle such a case (which is way more corrupt than India but still similar). Dependent the who the alleged rapist is there's a good chance he would have gotten away with it even if he actually did it with evidence against him. Also it's very had for girls to actually tell their family that they have been raped. I doubt she said it on a whim.

Not saying I condone his actions, but I understand.

It's easy to condemn vigilantes when you live in a country with a decent functioning justice system.

I don't have kids (yet), but if I did, I could see myself doing something like this if my daughter was able to ID the person that did it.

But then you leave your daughter without a parent at an age where they (arguably) need you the most...

It was completely selfish of the dad

jmdajr

Do you think he should deserve to die, Mr. Vermillion?

url

I don't support vigilante justice.
This dad has now committed a worse crime than his victim.
He is no hero.

That's all I have to say on the topic, and I'm not interested in any comments supporting the father's decision to become a criminal.

HeelPower

Yeah, I can't get behind this. He could have killed a totally innocent person. I don't see how anyone can see this as OK.

There needs to be an investigation about the issue at least.The daughter could be wrong about the perpetrator or ,worse yet, lying for a multitude of reasons.

Father could've killed an innocent man and now will never be able to support his daughter while he is in jail.Thus the defeating the purpose of serving his loved daughter.

Its unfortunately a huge mistake on the Dad's part.

alatif113

Wonder if some people's opinions would change if their daughter came home one day and told them she was raped by some 40 yr old dude. Not saying what the father did was right by any means (and do not condone it at all) but I can see what led him to it and where he is coming from.

kswiston

What? It should be fucking simple to respond. The man murdered someone, it doesn't matter what his victim is alleged to have done. Due process and presumption of innocence is one of the bedrocks of a functioning moral society. The courts should decide and if found guilty he should have served the appropiate sentence. Now the father has thrown his own life away. And yes I'd feel the same if it was my own daughter.

What this father did was obviously wrong, but you need to take into consideration that this happened in India. Local courts are super corrupt. Expecting due process is probably a bit naive.

That's not the question. The question is if he committed murder.

I feel this is a trick question...yes?

And uh, nope, nope, nope, can't justify what the dad has done. Can't even justify the murder alone. Burning his genitals and strangled him to death? On someone being only suspected of a rape? Nope.

GhaleonEB

This is the kind of action I can see my vengeful side thinking of impulsively to someone who (allegedly!) raped one of my daughters. Just pure rage and revenge. But it's one thing to have those (hopefully fleeting) thoughts of revenge fantasy, and another to perform them on a person. Part of me totally understands the impulse....but the actual action of it is just awful. It's simply murder.

I also don't really follow the mindset of not wanting to give his kid a 'bad name' by prosecuting the rape. You know what will also give her a bad name? Having her be the daughter of that guy who tortured someone to death in their house. :\

Can you elaborate?

Do they need to? He put red hot tongs on a man's ballsack and proceeded to murder him.

I think they mean the torture part.
Personally, I consider rape to be a worse crime than murder. But that's just me.

How is there any logic in that thinking process? A rape victim gets to live, a murder victim doesn't. Murder and its consequences are objectively worse.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I wish he left him alive after castrating him tbh. Would have been a much worse punishment for the man to have to live like that for the rest of his life.

esms

But then you leave your daughter without a parent at an age where they (arguably) need you the most...

It was completely selfish of the dad

Certainly. It was indeed selfish. No argument there.

My point was more along the lines of closure. The legal system can't guarantee anything, even if he committed the act. The death of the perpetrator is the best closure one can get.

I'm reminded of that father who killed his sons abductor and rapist on camera in the middle of an airport and got five years probation. People understand violent reactions to the destruction of innocence.

Bazza

It really is sad that the father had to resort to this or that it went so far, If certain parts of the country were not so backward in how they treat other human beings then a father would be at home helping his daughter through things and someone else in jail. That said I feel no sympathy for the guy if he did rape the girl.

It is so easy to stand outside of this as a casual observer. Even easier if you are not a parent yourself. No sure about murdering the guy or torturing him but I see a video confession and a fierce beating assuming guilt.

The only thing I can imagine worse than what this girl has already been through is depriving her of her father. I understand the anger, but it's beyond sad that he couldn't do the right thing by his daughter.

You have a child and two options. You can choose to have them raped, or choose to have them murdered. Pick one.

You're not allowed to say that there are worse things than rape on the internet
Correct your post immediately or face mass E-disdain

Ask the child, not the parent, and I know people who'd easily pick death. You're naive if you think otherwise.

See shit like this is insulting to survivors

Just because people are raped doesn't mean they don't have dreams, goals left to achieve, people they want to see again/loved ones who want to see them again

And then we get people saying it would have been better if they just had a bullet put in their head rather than raped. Fuck that. I KNOW people who were raped and we both are glad that they are alive today.

Paracelsus

his daughter had told him about the alleged rape as soon as it had happened.

Isn't rape something that can be confirmed by a doctor? I'm not exactly against vigilante in cases like this, but at least make sure first.

Yea no dad is in the 100% wrong. We don't even know if the guy who was murdered actually freaking did the crime he is being accused of.

RangerX

Banned
What this father did was obviously wrong, but you need to take into consideration that this happened in India. Local courts are super corrupt. Expecting due process is probably a bit naive.

I missed that it happened in India when I read the OP first actually so I'll concede that it does change the situation. I would never condone murder even for rapists but I can understand the father feeling desperate if he felt he wouldn't recieve justice for his daughter. We should keep in mind that the word of his daughter is his only evidence though.

Because there are many reasons for a daughter to lie.

She got pregnant, but panicked and said someone raped her. She wanted attention, and lied about it to get sympathy.

I'm not saying she lied. But why would you not report it? The father is completely in the wrong. You can't just kill someone because an emotional teen told you something.

While, yes, you should not murder a dude because someone accused him of something and it should've been reported to the authorities.

Can we keep the "women cry rape" narratives out of here? It's been shown that while it has happened, only 2 to 8 percent of rape reports are false, and that...

Most false rape reports appear to fall into two categories, neither of which comes close to the “regrettable sex” claim: 1) Situations where a rape did, in fact, happen, but the wrong man was accused of the crime and 2) Situations where a mentally unstable woman makes the whole thing up and there was no sexual contact at all.

Source: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...and-the-myth-of-the-woman-who-cried-rape.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom