• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dad Invites Young Daughter’s Alleged Rapist to Dinner; Tortures Him to Death

Status
Not open for further replies.

shuri

Banned
Sadly, from the many documentaries I've seen on the issue of rape in India, the justice system and more specifically; the police force has massive corruption issues and the extreme majority of rape cases are ignored unless the family of the victim has power. The horrible gang rape cases of last year that lead to riots created enough pressure on the GOV to do something about it, but it's going to take some time :(

Kirye

If he had just killed the man, and KNEW that he truly did rape his daughter then I would completely understand.

But not knowing for sure and torturing the man... I don't know how I feel about that.

ITT confirmed sadistic murderer gets more sympathy than man accused of committing rape who was tortured and killed.

Though this seems to be a very common mindset in these kinds of stories. I hope to hell I never become some girl's scapegoat.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The question is if he committed murder.

Feeling that someone "really deserved it" does not somehow make it not murder. Premeditated, intentional killing of another human is murder regardless of what that person may have done.

HeelPower

One reason to think the "rapist" might be innocent is that he actually agreed to come to the father's house for dinner

had he committed rape,He'd more likely than not stay the hell away from the family to escape his crime.

Einbroch

Banned
Can we keep the "women cry rape" narratives out of here? It's been shown that while it has happened, only 2 to 8 percent of rape reports are false, and that...

Relax. All I said was you can't always trust a teenager. This has nothing to do with rape but with the fact that teenagers lie about stuff all the time without thinking of the consequences. Grades, where they are, etc.

You certainly can't take what they say then commit a heinous act.

This is the kind of action I can see my vengeful side thinking of impulsively to someone who (allegedly!) raped one of my daughters. Just pure rage and revenge. But it's one thing to have those (hopefully fleeting) thoughts of revenge fantasy, and another to perform them on a person. Part of me totally understands the impulse....but the actual action of it is just awful. It's simply murder.

I also don't really follow the mindset of not wanting to give his kid a 'bad name' by prosecuting the rape. You know what will also give her a bad name? Having her be the daughter of that guy who tortured someone to death in their house. :\

The state of sex crime prosecution in India is so bad that the rapist being prosecuted is less likely than the daughter being victim of vigilante justice for being a whore.

Obviously the torture was way over the line and monstrous, but you have to keep in mind that there was no way in hell the rapist would have ever been punished by the courts

Palmer_v1

Assuming the guy really was guilty of rape, how fucking ballsy do you have to be to accept a dinner invitation from the father of the girl you raped?

kZ4gbFp.png

so it was alleged rape?

So what happens, if that part never really happened, I guess this is where jumping to conclusions quick, is a bad idea, huh.

This reminds me of the movie, "Jagten".

So this is like A Time to Kill only with more violence against the rapist?

I think he deserves jail, but I still can't sentence this man to life in prison.

This is crazy. The "alleged" part is what makes this whole thing fucked up. What if that wasn't the guy...

This is just like that Alfred Hitchcock episode. Where the wife points out her alleged rapist and the husband kills him. And then she points out another guy...

Feeling that someone "really deserved it" does not somehow make it not murder. Premeditated, intentional killing of another human is murder regardless of what that person may have done.

Seal Team 6 totally murdered Bin Laden, not that I have issue with that.

This dude royally messed up. Big mistake.

Assuming the guy really was guilty of rape, how fucking ballsy do you have to be to accept a dinner invitation from the father of the girl you raped?

A lot of people who commit crimes like rape don't even see themselves as criminals. The amount of young men that don't properly comprehend ideas of informed consent should show that for all we know, this man may have thought he never did anything wrong.

KHarvey16

I have trouble understanding why some people will ask for empathy for one man acting on base desires but not the other.

Who does though? If it is a case of the system being so corrupt that you can do evil and get away with it then what is the appropriate recourse?
So that means you be corrupt as well and outright torture and kill someone based only on your daughter's word?

I realize people love their children but that is a serious crime and we really have no idea if the guy actually did it.

HeelPower

Yup.

I think this just goes to show that the guy may have indeed been innocent.

Anyone would probably try to avoid anything to do with a family whose member you raped.

That's extremely presumptuous of you.

How is it presumptuous to say that I would prefer to be raped than murdered, and that my belief informs my morality?

I think it goes without saying that I'm posting from my own viewpoint, and not trying to speak for you, or those who disagree.

Rad-

Well I really hope he was guilty at least... The fact that he went to see the father makes me think he might have been innocent.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
If I was the girls father. I'd feel the same way too.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Good. Yeah, he'll be punished for it but good riddance.

How is it good? Alleged or not, you don't do this. The father had no evidence that what his daughter said was true. He had no investigation into it. He simply killed a man on a word from his daughter.

Let's flip this: If you were the man that was killed and you didn't do what people think you did, would you still say "good?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom