• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There weren't any teams in Crash Team Racing....

sn00zer

Not a single mention of being on a team, its just you and the ooga booga masks off to fight Oxide...and thats about it. So does anyone know why Crash Team Racing is actually called Crash Team Racing if there are no teams in the game?

Tizoc

There were the good guys team (Crash, Coco, Polar and Pura) and the bad guys team (Cortex, Tiny, Dingo and N. Gin).

...but who cares it was a funky name.

SSReborn

Man I miss this game, miss crash in general I feel like if we are still getting sonic games that crash should still be around as well.

sn00zer

There were the good guys team (Crash, Coco, Polar and Pura) and the bad guys team (Cortex, Tiny, Dingo and N. Gin).

...but who cares it was a funky name.

But they werent racing against each other, neither is mentioned in the other's campaign, and whoever youre playing as is all by themselves....

But they werent racing against each other, neither is mentioned in the other's campaign, and whoever youre playing as is all by themselves....

That's neither here nor there? There are teams in Crash Team Racing. Whether you're playing with or against them or together doesn't really matter.

Also it's CRASH TEAM racing. Not Crash TEAM RACING.

Man I miss this game, miss crash in general I feel like if we are still getting sonic games that crash should still be around as well.
You either die a hero ect.

Well to be fair I haven't played the games post Twinsanity but that one was great. Wrath of Cortex isn't bad really but it has pretty damn awful loadtimes.

SSReborn

God no. At least crash has a better ratio of good games to bad than sonic does.

Sonic has 3.5 good games to 500 bad ones.

Let crash keep his legacy.

You either die a hero ect.

Well to be fair I haven't played the games post Twinsanity but that one was great. Wrath of Cortex isn't bad really but it has pretty damn awful loadtimes.
Lol I'm talking good games guys not for the sake of just keeping him relevant. I mean he should get one more serious shot.

TheOGB

Banned
Crash Nitro Kart would make more sense being called Crash Team Racing with this line of thinking, but hey ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EBE

3a0.jpg

legit shook

GHG

Gold Member
It doesn't matter. The game was amazing.

I would buy the shit out of a remastered version with online that worked.

sn00zer

Spiritual sequel that uses all Sony characters please

There's no Gears in Gear's of War.
Arent the soldiers called gears or something? Also inconsequential as titles dont have to directly reflect the content....unless you call yourself a team racing game and you have no teams in your racing

JordanN

Banned
It's accurate.
Wikipedia said:
The game's story focuses on the efforts of a ragtag team of characters in the Crash Bandicoot series, who must race against the egomaniacal Nitros Oxide to save their planet from destruction.

It's Oxide vs Earth.

soy.

Banned
everyone said it,

it's like when people saying whether they're in ALUCARD TEAM instead of EDWARD TEAM
or SONIC TEAM instead of MARIO TEAM

I never saw any sleeping dogs in Sleeping Dogs

I didn't watch any dogs in Watch Dogs

The Legend of Zelda games are really about the legend of Link

Onaco

I can only think of the fact that good and evil put their differences aside in order to work as a team to stop Oxide. But yes, Nitro Kart is more of a team-based game.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I remember buying this for my then gfs nephews and niece for Xmas. It came in an official pack with game and multitap and I had a spare boxed PSX and a bunch of controllers. Man that was a great Xmas day with all the family taking turns. Was my second fav splitscreen racer with Diddy Kong Racing coming first.

Onaco

You really weren't The Last of Us because there were more than just Joel and Ellie. You weren't Uncharted because everyone uses charts in Uncharted. Splinter Cell is not about your cells having splinters. Super Mario 64 was not about 64 Marios. New Super Mario Bros. Wii U is not new when there are three other games just like it. Just Dance has menus where you don't dance. My Sims is actually EA's Sims; you don't own shit.

Who cares, man. It still was the best kart game until Sonic Transformed was released :D
I have read many comments like this and I just cannot believe it. I own the free PS+ Vita version but never fired it up.

Because I'm afraid of a world where I have to admit CTR is not the best cart racer

Seeing as Sony doesn't have the Crash IP, I really think they should make Daxter and Clank Karting featuring some of the lesser-known characters from the J&D and R&C franchises. Basically I want a CTR reskin with exactly the same handling and online gameplay.

There's no Gears in Gear's of War.

Aren't the soldiers known as Gears and the government called the COG, or something?

Top Bottom