• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan 2nd Season Slated for 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akiller

It was revealed at the end of the premiere of the Attack on Titan Part I: Crimson Bow and Arrow (Shingeki no Kyojin Zenpen ~Guren no Yumiya~) compilation film that the second season of the Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) TV anime has been slated to air in 2016, where the manga is expected to reach its 20th volume. The anime’s second season was earlier revealed to be in early pre-production.

The film also revealed the release date for the second compilation film, Attack on Titan Part II: Wings of Freedom (Shingeki no Kyojin Kouhen ~Jiyuu no Tsubasa~) which will be out in Japanese theatres on June 27th next year.

http://animefeeds.com/2014/11/attack-on-titan-2nd-season-slated-for-2016/

Tatakae if old or not trustable news.

Torraz

Is the manga even interesting anymore? Could swear I read an interview with the author that he scrapped the initially planned "humanity loses and dies" ending, due to the series popularity?

MCD

Is the manga even interesting anymore? Could swear I read an interview with the author that he scrapped the initially planned "humanity loses and dies" ending, due to the series popularity?

it's more politics and talk talk talk than titans titans titans right now. if that's not your thing then you might not like it currently.

Mariolee

Followed the manga after show ended and after I got caught up, I lost interest. Monthly iterations kept me forgetting what happened in the last one and any sense of momentum was lost. Having the second season so far away only compounds how long it takes for anything to happen both in the anime and in the manga.

Faiz

wonder if the manga will be close to ending by then.

Author mentioned a while back his intention was to end it in twenty volumes. Though it wasn't clear if he meant at twenty total, or twenty more volumes from where he was at the time (which would place it around thirty IIRC).

Flai

A few volumes after the animes' end were really good, but the last couple volumes have been a bit slower. Not necessarily bad, but it certainly doesn't help that I read fan-translations that are pretty weak from time to time.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Followed the manga after show ended and after I got caught up, I lost interest. Monthly iterations kept me forgetting what happened in the last one and any sense of momentum was lost. Having the second season so far away only compounds how long it takes for anything to happen both in the anime and in the manga.

this

in the japanese anime and manga market there is always a "next big anime" thing.
second season is really late with 2016 as a release date. but maybe the movies will help.

Good lord, a three-year gap between seasons? This is getting ridiculous. Guess I'll just keep reading the manga for now. At least Isayama's art is becoming more tolerable.

Member876

Banned
Hope it does, but man 2016 so far away was expecting it in 2015 :V At the very least, there will be no padding or fillers.

Two live action movies at least are coming... Given that there are tanks and RPG-launchers in the live-action movies, it probably won't be all that loyal to source material.

Faiz

They'll have to introduce some serious changes to make the thing watchable.

Considering the show's success and popularity the only thing they'll have to do is offer more of the same. I'm sorry if that is not palatable to you.

Edit: actually... Rereading that again I may have misinterpreted what you meant. Feel free to ignore, I'll blame it on the lack of sleep and being up way too early with a teething two year old.

The Manga is just bad.

Akiller

At least Isayama's art is becoming more tolerable.

Really?I tried reading a few chapters after watching the anime but i couldn't do it due to that art.Really,it's awful and ,according to Isayama's art, Kurista and Armin are the same person.

Wowza, I expected it next year but given the incredibly slow pacing that's infected the manga as of late, it doesn't surprise me one bit. It would have made for an awful season of absolute nothing.

SykoTech

Damn, thought for sure it would be Spring 2015.

Not sure I'll care anymore by then. Watched the first season on Toonami and it was solid but pretty flawed. Unless there's some big improvements, I don't think I'll be worth waiting to 2016. Maybe I'll just skim through the manta.

Damn, thought for sure it would be Spring 2015.

Not sure I'll care anymore by then. Watched the first season on Toonami and it was solid but pretty flawed. Unless there's some big improvements, I don't think I'll be worth waiting to 2016. Maybe I'll just skim through the manta.

Likewise, waited far too long already!

Cardon

Jeeze, wasn't expecting that long of a gap between seasons. Hopefully the added time will result in a season without any major breaks if the manga is close to being done, and episodes that actually feature finished animation this time out.

To be honest, that would have been a shitty ending. There is nothing edgy or provocative by having humanity "lose" and perish. It's just dumb and amateur writing.

Hopefully the pacing doesn't become a mess in the middle again. It seemed like Araki got a better handle on the tone as the series went along, too.

CronoShot

You'd think with the series' popularity a second season would have started production while the first was airing and air early next year, but apparently not.

rexor0717

My biggest problem with the manga is that they keep introducing characters/concepts and then have them be really relevant in that same chapter. Its making it up as you go at its worst.

Sent

My biggest problem with the manga is that they keep introducing characters/concepts and then have them be really relevant in that same chapter. Its making it up as you go at its worst.

Nah if you were paying attention the majority of it has been premeditated it's just shit comes out once a month, you don't remember.

Frog-fu

Banned
I predicted this once I caught up with manga whilst the anime was still running.

Didn't the manga-ka say he wouldn't go past 20 volumes?

I can't wait for all the talks of delicate political subterfuge being compounded by whooshy anime speed lines and dramatic closeups.

"YOUR SON DIED IN VAAAAAAAAIN"

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I figured it'd be April 2015 and end around where the manga is right now so it'll be caught right up with it like the HxH anime did. Oh well at least we got No Regrets until then.

kirblar

The author's said he doesn't want to draw it out (and he's kept the pace up in the Manga), so I suspect they may be trying to make future gaps less problematic. They may also be trying to make sure it comes out after a western dub in order to boost licensing rights.

Yeesh the manga hate in here is abhorrent. Its definitely slowed down on the "titans equal destruction" theme but it's interesting still. I agree that the monthly wait is very annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom