• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan 2nd Season Slated for 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachinko

Probably a good thing right ? It's only published monthly in manga form which means even in a year there's only enough material for 6-9 episodes depending on how much padding they insert. By 2016, there'll be enough material to animate another 24-26 episodes.

The alternative is they do filler arcs like bleach/naruto/one piece did constantly and no one seems to like those anyway so this is kind of the best outlook. Sometimes it's better to think of a season for a show like this as a movie , now you have to wait 2-3 years for the sequel to come out.

Wilsongt

Oh is that it... I guessed that by the time the manga showed the
beast titan
for the first time but I thought I was wrong.

Apparently, though:
There's a lot of backstory with Historia's/whatever her fake name is family. It seems there is a way to make someone a Titan, but there is an extra step needed to give them the shifting powers. It seems Eren became a mindless Titan, but didn't get the shifting powers until after he went loco on his father.

bobawesome

Why don't they just do the Fullmetal Alchemist thing and ignore the manga.

Have there been studios aside from Bones that haven't completely screwed up a series by introducing original content?

I'm not necessarily talking about filler. Just a studio that runs with its own idea at a point.

Jeezus I hope they're taking their to have less filler and more awesome animation sequences.

The manga is a fucking snore, nothing happens. It's slow as molasses. I gave up on it months ago.

I guess the anime isn't that different, but at least it has a few scenes that are awesomely animated.

I wasn't really interested for action or anything. I just thought the world was interesting and the premise intriguing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom