• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan 2nd Season Slated for 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's kinda long in anime years, right?

it's more politics and talk talk talk than titans titans titans right now. if that's not your thing then you might not like it currently.
The next issue's probably gonna involve some Titan-on-Titan lovi- -um, fighting....no doubt.

To be honest, that would have been a shitty ending. There is nothing edgy or provocative by having humanity "lose" and perish. It's just dumb and amateur writing.
For the sake of it? No, you're right, it is dumb writing. But they could've sold it well if they stuck to some of the threads the early issues/episodes had (such as "killing" Eren, a main character, suddenly) and maybe went through the narrative aside from a shonen angle.

But now they've got
the Coordinate
, Titan Shifting,
typical gov't conspiracies and Titan superweapon engineering
, and
superpowered human freaks in Levi and Mikasa
, they've evened out the playing field between the two sides too much for that sort of ending of work.

fertygo

I don't understand mofos don't just announce it in mid-late 2015 if 2016 is the plan anyway, its won't please anybody anyway.

clem84

Gold Member
Maybe that's why they needed to wait that long. I haven't read the manga but if it's true that book after book is just political stuff and other kinds of filler material, then they realized they can't make an anime like that and waited to have more compelling content.

I enjoyed the first 25 episodes. I don't mind waiting if it's worth it and they should take as much time as necessary to make the anime as good as it can be.

Marow

The part after where the first season ended is my favorite and since the second is due in 2016 - which hopefully means an actually sane production schedule - I'm actually excited.

NastyBook

Not a huge fan of monthlies, but TV stations in Japan need to stop getting these books turned into animes before they're even close to being done. They just did this shit again to Shokugeki no Soma. The only episodes I'm gonna watch are the Asura ones and that's it. They should really let these books end before they think about a fucking cash in that goes nowhere.

fertygo

Not a huge fan of monthlies, but TV stations in Japan need to stop getting these books turned into animes before they're even close to being done. They just did this shit again to Shokugeki no Soma. The only episodes I'm gonna watch are the Asura ones and that's it. They should really let these books end before they think about a fucking cash in that goes nowhere.
That's totally against one of commercial motivation for these adaptation though, bumping sales for the ongoing manga
Seriously.

I'd rather just be left in the dark then hear this.

Most anime got announced 3-9 month before airing, this not even airing next year lol

Wow. Are they just trying to make sure they don't overtake the manga? I feel like I never see "seasons" of anime. They just keep running with filler in between if they have to (not that I want that).

shots fired, but only still images panned slowly

You really should watch other stuff if this was the best, lol.

I've tried a bunch but nothing clicked outside of Sword of the Stranger (and Asura's Wrath).

EDIT: also, 'best' was kind of a joke, seeing as it's automatically the best since it's the only candidate. I know a lot of people are not a fan of the anime but personally I really like it.

kurahador

I just realized we'll see Batman vs Superman, Avengers 2, new Star Wars, first appearance of Black Panther on big screen & Warcraft movie before AoT season 2.

What a time to be alive.

I'm just happy we're finally getting more Durarara!! in 2015.

Does Durarara develop a deep, continuous plot beyond the first 8 episodes? Whether it be some kinda romance, grand supernatural scheme, big boss appearing, etc. Or is it all just a little backstory on random characters each episode and a one-off short story.
I haven't been hooked after 7. There is some lite continuous story with "smoke head" and other mystery figures but the episodes still feel like one-offs.

Will a great, grand scheme appear soon or will it continue as a banter between friends goofing off show? I thought it had potential that smoke woman in the first episode, and her history, but it still seems random. Does it payoff?

Anyway, on topic, Titan S2 probably delayed so they don't cannabilize the popularity via the upcoming movie which has quite poor actor choices, especially Mikasa. Didn't have much of a chance anyway. Only thing worth seeing will be the giants. Giants are cool anytime.

Sad that AOT original vision got pooped. Yay politics. Good reading there. Can't blame the writer for cashing in unexpected success. Dream come true for him. We'll never enjoy the concise, complete story that he mapped out. Years of politics incoming. Was a good ride. So much potential. Most intense and scary intro to a new world in a long time.
I had such high expectations. Now it's something to shake my head and say "Ah well. Next."
I'll wait 10 years and check the completed manga. Impossible to go a tiny bit a month.

Recommend: manga "Alive: The Final Evolution"
Recently I came across it. Author finished it on his deathbed, final was printed month after death. Ten years of work. Anyway, it's complete. No anime. No giants. But man the artwork is above typical manga. Such detail and shading. Each page is like the first nicely drawn page/cover of a typical manga. Very nice work. Cool characters and fun story in modern, real world Japan. Pretty long. Easy to find. Art quality makes it so satisfying.

Corgi

Banned
did they ever find out what was in that basement/cellar thing?

If they haven't, are they trending to get there by 2016?

Monocle

That's kind of dumb. Now all I can do is read the manga or try to forget this series exists until 2016.

AoT sucks anyway.
Hey, maybe you can convince all of the people who like the series that it's actually awful. Imagine how nice it would be for us to stop caring about the long wait ahead. Good luck!

jett

D-Member
Jeezus I hope they're taking their to have less filler and more awesome animation sequences.

I enjoyed the anime but I'm kind of disappointed people are saying the manga is bad now.

The manga is a fucking snore, nothing happens. It's slow as molasses. I gave up on it months ago.

I guess the anime isn't that different, but at least it has a few scenes that are awesomely animated.

JoeFu

Banned
did they ever find out what was in that basement/cellar thing?

If they haven't, are they trending to get there by 2016?

They aren't any closer from what I read lol. Stopped reading the manga a few months ago. Not worth it and it looks like poop.

Forbiden

It's bad in the sense that there are no Titans for at least 5 chapters now.
I thought it's still pretty good.

The hate for the manga due to a lack of titans Is silly. The plot has been advancing at a steady rate, and the
levi vs central mp part
should translate real well to the anime, whenever they get there.

JDSN

Banned
Thats a long wait, the anime people have a big challenge ahead of them, while im enjoying the political intrigue its gonna be hard to show it in a way that feels interesting and engaging. I hope they take some cues from Game of Thrones and not being afraid of creating new characters.

MormaPope

Banned
After reading how the manga isn't doing so hot quality wise for some people in this thread, I came to a conclusion.

They should Full Metal Alchemist dis shit, have the TV show have its own narrative.

Probably not. It seems obvious that Mangakas are not allowed to quit when they hit big. They churn out chapter after chapter for years to come.

Bleach comes to mind..

Good lord, a three-year gap between seasons? This is getting ridiculous. Guess I'll just keep reading the manga for now. At least Isayama's art is becoming more tolerable.

That's nothing i am a huge fan of Hajime no Ippo, 3 seasons so far and the largest gap is 7 years between season 1 and 2..the gap between 2 and 3 is 4 years..

Wilsongt

Can you say what you think it is in spoiler tags?

Well...
There's a serum that gives Titan shifting powers, as that's how Eren got his powers. Perhaps not so much of an antidote, but at least history on Titan Shifters and how they came to be. We know why Titans eat people now. The Beast titan seems to have the ability to change humans into the mindless Titans, as seen by what happens to Connie's village.

Wiktor

It always surprised me just how long it often takes for successful series to get sequel. Sword Art Online, Index, Haruhi and now AoT, it usually takes years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom