• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Cup 2014 | Fighting Game Tournament | Dec 13

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ivNqy5CXqi7YY.png

ibi1WxETXjd8JY.png

The Capcom Cup returns for it's second year, culminating a year of tournaments and qualifiers for Street Fighter IV in the Capcom Pro Tour. Over $50,000 worth of prizes are on the line, including a guaranteed $30,000 pot for first place.

The event will also feature special announcements, a USFIV Omega Mode exhibition, a live performance from The Megas, but most importantly, the first live gameplay of Street Fighter V.

iBqX0t40AGz99.png

The competition is as fierce as ever at this year's Capcom Cup, which features all 5 previous SFIV EVO Champions in the competition, as well as many other world-class players.

But, let's get on to the players, and look at the first round matchups. Click each player's name to see a player profile.

MD|Luffy vs. Nishikin
2014-luffy.jpg
2014-nishikin.jpg

EG|PR Balrog vs. EG|Ricky Ortiz
2014-pr-balrog.jpg
2014-ricky-ortiz.jpg

SnakeEyez vs EG|Momochi
2014-snake-eyes.jpg
2014-momochi.jpg

DIG|Prodigal Son vs CRS|NuckleDu
2014-ryan-hart.jpg
2014-nuckledu.jpg

Bonchan vs RZR|Fuudo
2014-bonchan.jpg
2014-keita-ai.jpg

Infiltration vs CNB|ChuChu
2014-infiltration.jpg
2014-chuchu.jpg

RZR|Xian vs GL|Valmaster
2014-xian.jpg
2014-valmaster.jpg

EG|Justin Wong vs MCZ|Daigo Umehara
2014-justin-wong.jpg
2014-daigo-umehara.jpg

Capcom and One Frame Link are partnering to host a competition where you can vote on who you think will win each match, so head on over and vote. Many GAFers have also been making their own fantasy brackets on Challonge, so feel free to do so and post your predictions as well.

ifVxFyMFsE88P.png

npGYbOd.png

i39ua4rjfbJD8.png

You can watch the entire event on Capcom's CapcomFighters Twitch Channel.

The event itself is taking place at The Warfield in San Francisco.

Kikujiro

SO HYPED, thank God it's on saturday, as an European I can't express how great that is. If only SFIV Evo finals would be on saturday too.

Baleoce

My heart says SnakeEyez, but my brain says Daigo, especially after his Topanga showing (I mean, it wasn't even close). Outside bet would be Momochi's Ken.

Myn

Totally forgot this was tomorrow. Was initially planning on going, I've attended the last two Capcom events and gone home with some goodies every year but this year's not looking too great. It's a shame because it has a pretty exciting bracket again like 2012.

vulva

Since I can't watch live because of a Saturday exam, I want to extend the offer if anyone wants to place a friendly bet. Player locked win bet.

Basically we each pick one person to win. If my dude wins, you pay me. If your dude wins, I pay you. If neither wins, nothing exchanged. If you're interested, shoot me a PM and we'll work out the details. I'll keep the option open until start time of the tournament.

Top Bottom