• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Cup 2014 | Fighting Game Tournament | Dec 13

Revven

I can't wait to see this! I haven't been able to watch much of the qualifier tournaments throughout the year but there's no way I'm missing this tomorrow.

FourMyle

I'm here for the SFV footage

oh, and the USFIV matches, I guess.

but seriously though I think Daigo is going to get bopped in the second round/once he's done with justin.

Daigo is obviously a god in long sets but this is no toppanga.

hitsugi

It remains to be seen if Daigo's performance in Japan will carry over to the US.

His Evil Ryu has matured a great deal since EVO, and if there were to be another time for him since Vanilla SF4, this would probably be it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm more interested in the SFV footage as well, but the tournament will be nothing short of amazing either.

Codeblue

I'd love it if Daigo won, but these are short sets and the roster is crazy stacked.

Edit: Everyone who thinks Daigo is a has-been clearly hasn't been paying attention. He's still the beast.

HardRojo

I might miss the last part of the tournament, award ceremony and special announcements :( My birthday was last Wednesday so I'll be out, I'll stay spoiler free and watch the rest on Sunday I guess :p

My bet is on Daigo.

Edit: Bo3 matches? Oh man, I thought it'd be Bo5 all the way :(

Edit2: What is the format? Bo3 single elimination or double elimination?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Props for the OP enzo, looking real nice.

Will be watching for Daigo as always, who I pick to win it, and for Snake Eyez.

If Pepeday were there, all three of my reasons to watch Street Fighter would've been there.

daigo_time8njtk.png

I'm going for Bonchan to win. He is a bit of an underdog, he is due and it would also probably result in the most boring set of matches possible.

IT ALL FITS.

Shouta

I might miss the last part of the tournament, award ceremony and special announcements :( My birthday was last Wednesday so I'll be out, I'll stay spoiler free and watch the rest on Sunday I guess :p

My bet is on Daigo.

Edit: Bo3 matches? Oh man, I thought it'd be Bo5 all the way :(

Edit2: What is the format? Bo3 single elimination or double elimination?

Bo3 Double Elim. Bo5 Double elim with every match streamed would take too much time.

sikvod00

Banned
I'm staying at Hotel Whitcomb, which is apparently a 12 minute walk from the Warfield theater. Anyone nearby want to hang out?

kirblar

The only thing we can count on as a result: Gief/E.Ryu/El Fuerte are almost certainly getting nerfbatted right after this tournament is over. :p

I'm rooting for Daigo, but what are the chances he wins both Topanga and Capcom Cup back to back? He's on a crazy winning form right now, but constantly playing killers will bring that winning down to earth. In a FT2 anything can happen.

If Momochi can get past Snake eyez, which is a huge if, he can very well take it with how well he's been playing lately.

All I know is that it's going to be hype.

How was everyone chosen?

No Smug or Kbrad although they ranked higher than Nishikin and Fuudo

There are tournaments you qualify for. If you win the tournament you get an automatic spot. You also get points depending on your placing. The top 6 in points that didn't auto qualify will qualify. Fuudo and Nishikin qualified through winning Dreamhack and Taito Station tournament.

Exr

Daigo ain't winning shit lmao

Totally washed up.

He just ran through topanga league bruh

I don't want Daigo to win because Evil Ryu is a stupid character. I hope Bonchan does well, Sagat play at this level impresses me so much...maybe because I'm ass with Sagat though. Hope he murks Fuudo.

WarRock

So hyped, just finished my college semester and now I have this stacked as fuck tourney with The Megas and SF V as toppings.

Wonder if Momochi and Infiltration are going with some surprise characters (El Fuerte would make the stream monsters go bonkers).

Top Bottom