• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

To Heart 2 - Dungeon Travelers remake PS Vita

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Rejoice dungeon crawler importers. Seems that Aquaplus is gonna do a remake of

To Heart 2 - Dungeon Travelers
Release Date: April 30th 2015 (date may change)
Price: 4,800 JPY (price may also change)

LE version also slated for release containing (No word on price)
・特製マイクロファイバータオル (Microfiber Towel)
・ラバーストラップ 柚原このみ マジックユーザーVer. (Rubber Strap - Yuzuhara Konomi Magic User ver.)
・設定資料集 (Special fan book)
・アレンジサウンドトラック (Arrange Soundtrack)

179489_front.jpg
for the PS Vita. Guess Dungeon Travelers 2 must have sold pretty well to warrant this. Wonder if they will have reverse character DLC from DT2 into this game lol.

And as always fanservice aside its one of the better Dungeon Crawlers made on the market. Both this title and Dungeon Travelers 2 rank into my top 5 category for DRPGs.

The opening from the PSP version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ebu80jwhcg

Thanks Hachima Kikou
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/8024826.html

If that release date is solid then means on the 30th of April we will be getting 2 dungeon crawlers on the same day. This game and Operation Babel.

K3cytiY.png

*Would be nice if I do not have to use this image anymore. Atlus you know what has to be done.

Shinriji

Tamaki, Konomi and Maryan, oh my.

This is the DT 2-2 that they hinted some months ago? And Aquaplus should bring TH2 as well.

Parakeetman

Tamaki, Konomi and Maryan, oh my.

This is the DT 2-2 that they hinted some months ago? And Aquaplus should bring TH2 as well.

Ah no the DT 2-2 is an actual continuation to the Dungeon Travelers 2 story, hence why the teaser image is the library from DT2.

This title was its own thing and came out before DT2.

Parakeetman

Seeing how Atlus localized both Tears to Tiara 2 and AqauPazza is there any chance they'd localize this?

Not sure truthfully seeing how they didnt touch the PSP versions. Though seeing how the Vita is getting pushed more for import titles these days it "might" be a possibility.

Though one thing in regards to Dungeon Travelers 2 though is one character might be hard to localized the title without editing the images.

In this title should be fine as is for the most part.

Just that both titles have a lot of voiced lines so Id imagine they would want to offer dubs for the fans too since if they go a subtitled only route would make some of the in dungeon / in battle type of VO lines a bit hard to subtitle due to how they appear / are used in game. Therefore I have a strong feeling that it would need to be dubbed. Or else there would be lines said that would be unable to have subtitles attached with them.

The bad part about it though is you lose a lot of the characters personality when a dub is done as this game in particular some of the characters have very unique voices which are acted quite well. Cant imagine a dub for an import title being of the same level in quality due to budget restraints.

Anyways once again to answer the questions I really am not sure. Unfortunately on how to call if they will / will not localize the title. Sorry am unable to be of more help with the question.

Parakeetman

I hope they do, but IIRC its very fan service heavy so possibly not

It depends really, since seeing how Senran Kagura sells among other titles which would be fan service heavy, it depends if they want to get into trying to get more of a piece of that market.

On top of that it is an actually well received dungeon crawler, which would drive sales further. Rather than just a fanservice heavy title that has shit gameplay.

Then compounded by the fact that the game will need a lot of work for the reasons explained in the previous post of mine.

Wereroku

It depends really, since seeing how Senran Kagura sells among other titles which would be fan service heavy, it depends if they want to get into trying to get more of a piece of that market.

On top of that it is an actually well received dungeon crawler, which would drive sales further. Rather than just a fanservice heavy title that has shit gameplay.

Then compounded by the fact that the game will need a lot of work for the reasons explained in the previous post of mine.

Plus looking at some videos on the original game some simple artwork changes could remove some of the fanservice if they think it is too high. However I agree with you that the VO would be the biggest hurdle unless they do something strange like just dubbing the battle conversation and subbing the rest.

Parakeetman

Plus looking at some videos on the original game some simple artwork changes could remove some of the fanservice if they think it is too high. However I agree with you that the VO would be the biggest hurdle unless they do something strange like just dubbing the battle conversation and subbing the rest.

Seriously the West is missing out big time, since the titles esp Dungeon Travelers 2 has some of the most amusing characters in a JRPG in a while. Really well written dialog and events.

Esp the events starring Peggy + Beard.

I suppose the hard part too with the art and such if the original team is busy with DT2-2 and this title, they would not have as much time / resources to spend on redoing artwork depending.

ranmafan

Wow nice! Im going to have to pick this us to replace my old PSP copy. This year is looking to be more expensive gaming wise than I had expected already. Especially April with this, Xenoblade X and the vita version on Umihara Kawase coming out.

Parakeetman

Wow nice! Im going to have to pick this us to replace my old PSP copy. This year is looking to be more expensive gaming wise than I had expected already. Especially April with this, Xenoblade X and the vita version on Umihara Kawase coming out.

Oh jesus thats right I forgot Xenoblade X comes out in April also. AND the N3DS Xenoblade...

We are doomed.

ranmafan

Oh jesus thats right I forgot Xenoblade X comes out in April also. AND the N3DS Xenoblade...

We are doomed.

Yeah the same day too! I don't know how I'm going to get everything. I already got to push back Ryu Ga Gotoku 0 a bit because of so many games the next three months. Lots of great games, but so much to buy! We are indeed doomed.

Parakeetman

And the U.S version of Operation Abyss if we're to believe Amazon. 2015 is going to be such a good year for games ~

Oh yeah thats right. Indeed real strong start thats for sure.

btw ranmafan before April in May we have SAO: Lost Song also. lol

ranmafan

Oh yeah thats right. Indeed real strong start thats for sure.

btw ranmafan before April in May we have SAO: Lost Song also. lol

Oh my forgot about that one. Somehow that will have to be fit in sometime as well. With all these good new releases, Ill never get through my grand Kiseki marathon thats been going on way too long now.

Still good to see all these good games. Especially all these dungeon crawlers lately.

Parakeetman

I think you mean towel. :D

lol nice catch, will fix that now.

Oh my forgot about that one. Somehow that will have to be fit in sometime as well. With all these good new releases, Ill never get through my grand Kiseki marathon thats been going on way too long now.

Still good to see all these good games. Especially all these dungeon crawlers lately.

Yeah ton of stuff coming out. Tomorrow will be picking up either both my Stranger of Sword City + Tales if able to after work.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Gameplay should be stellar if it's anything like DT2 but it'll probably be harder to go back to if it's a straight port from the PSP version as certain features and the entire spieler job line wasn't present in the original. Also feel like it may be necessary to play ToHeart 2 first to enjoy the characters and w/e references they throw in.

Parakeetman

Gameplay should be stellar if it's anything like DT2 but it'll probably be harder to go back to if it's a straight port from the PSP version as certain features and the entire spieler job line wasn't present in the original. Also feel like it may be necessary to play ToHeart 2 first to enjoy the characters and w/e references they throw in.

it seems they will be doing an overhaul of the dungeons so that should be nice with updated 2d art just like dt2 (*´ω`*)

Dorarnae

nice I bought the first game on psp last year, tried it a little but it was a bit hard to go back to it after playing DT2....will definitely buy this :)

Parakeetman

nice I bought the first game on psp last year, tried it a little but it was a bit hard to go back to it after playing DT2....will definitely buy this :)

I think I had gotten half through the first one before DT2 came out on the PSP lol.

Shizuka

I do think Atlus USA will bring this or the previous game on the Vita at some point in the future, now that they're bringing Aquaplus titles to the West.

Parakeetman

I do think Atlus USA will bring this or the previous game on the Vita at some point in the future, now that they're bringing Aquaplus titles to the West.

As I stated before the issue will be how the game itself is designed which can cause some problems if it is not fully localized voice wise.

So might be a lot more work than its worth, on top of the question if the dev team if it is still Sting have time to work on a project when they have 2 others going on currently. With this and DT2-2

Its not just a simple matter of because they have brought other titles over means they will decide to do so with this one also. As one needs to understand that how much potential work would have to go into said title will effect if it will be worth localizing or not.

Really am unsure of if they would or not. Since there is a market for it, but the question is what will the costs be with how much voiced lines there are in the game itself character wise and work involved with the game.

Would be nice for the series to get attention in the West as mentioned this is one of the better DRPGs, but would not get your hopes up on it yet.

Shizuka

If Sting had enough time to do Hyperdevotion Noire english programming, I'm sure they'd have for this. I don't think that'd be an issue.

Parakeetman

If Sting had enough time to do Hyperdevotion Noire english programming, I'm sure they'd have for this. I don't think that'd be an issue.

And you missed the point yet again with what the issue is. Not to mention its obvious you have no clue as to how different the two games are design wise and why one would be easier to deal with than the other.

Maid

Banned

Unless they can get over the whole "dub only" thingy, I doubt they would bother with this one, since it doesn't look like it's a selling title for Atlus to care about.

Tohsaka

Unless they can get over the whole "dub only" thingy, I doubt they would bother with this one, since it doesn't look like it's a selling title for Atlus to care about.

Tears to Tiara 2 didn't have a dub, that was likely because it'd have been too costly for them to produce a dub for a game with such a massive amount of voice acting though.

Parakeetman

Tears to Tiara 2 didn't have a dub, that was likely because it'd have been too costly for them to produce a dub for a game with such a massive amount of voice acting though.

Yeah that game I can pretty much vouch for it having way too much voiced lines in it.

The thing with the dub only too is they would have to figure out how to translate the lines so the random quips make sense when connected in the dungeons. And since all the characters have them thats a lot of work to pay attention to. Granted it does not always make sense in Japanese, it would not help the titles image if there was a bunch of stuff that totally made no sense in English also.

Lots of little things with the game that would make doing a dub for it a mess and expensive.

I really think it is why the title got passed over also during the PSP generation, when they looked at the potential amount of work involved. As the title is pretty custom tailored vs. the usual DRPGs that do not have as robust of a system when it comes to characters lines / random quips in battle and out wandering the dungeon. Among other things.

But most def a dub would be necessary or else folks would have no idea of what is being said in battle / in the dungeons.

Even if I had the money to fund the localization myself I still would not really want to do it as much as Id like to introduce the title to the West as truthfully a dub just will not do the characters justice. Their voice acting is just that good for some of the characters which give them a unique flavor character wise. Would be way too costly to get good VAs in to try and emulate that I think. Let alone trying to rewrite the script to match and not wind up creating a character folks will hate either due to the writing or poor VA work. :/

But with how the game is designed, it does not allow for just subtitles only to be done too. Its kinda sad to see how some of the fantastic features about the title is what also is potentially holding it back from being localized.

Shizuka

And you missed the point yet again with what the issue is. Not to mention its obvious you have no clue as to how different the two games are design wise and why one would be easier to deal with than the other.

I was saying, I doubt "time" would be an issue for Sting, regardless of your response.

Dorarnae

sigh can't wait because recently I am not motivate to start anything... at least disgaea 5 is coming soon, so it'll keep me busy for a while.

Top Bottom