• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alien: Isolation passes 1 million units sold

Congrats to the Creative Assembly team :)

cI3MdGp.png

https://twitter.com/AlienIsolation/status/557932644269588480

Boyzi

Banned
My copy is still in the seal from Xmas, will look forward to playing this on PS4 when I get around to it :)

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
This game deserves to sell 10 million copies.

It pretty much singlehandedly redeems the Alien franchise.

This day and age 1 million is considered low.

Morts

I bought the PS4 version for half price on Black Friday. It's a really well crafted game and I'm interested in what they do next.

Chobel

It must have done really good in digital then, because by looking at retail charts it shouldn't be nowhere near 1 million.

Anyway real good sales, the game deserved it.

fav game of 2014, bought a copy brand new

i'm wondering how many units this needs to sell to be considered a success, seeing as its on 5 platforms. and hope that it far surpasses that number so they make another one

Congrats !!!

I'm one of those that bought it !

I love this game and i hope they make more of these kind of games. Atmospheric, creepy and fun !

That's not much, thought it had sold way more.

I really need to find the time to actually open and play the copy of the game I bought.

ChaosXVI

While a million isn't exactly a smashing success, I feel like it is for a game like this. Hopefully the word of mouth continues on and if a sequel does come, it'll become a smash hit like what happened with Demon's/Dark Souls.

That doesn't strike me as particularly good, especially when you consider how quickly the game reduced in price after it came out.

Flarin

Really loved what that game was doing. Glad it's selling well.
Looking forward to a sequel if they ever get a chance to make one!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Not necessarily...all dependent on their budget and outlook for the game.

Well, they started in May 2011, had a peak team size of 100, and had their margin diluted by the licensing fee.

I wouldn't be surprising if they lost money overall, especially given the likely average selling point, but they might consider this good enough for trying a second time.

SparkTR

For five platforms that seems pretty modest. Their other game, Rome 2, sold 1.1 million in around the same time only on one platform.

boinx

Even though I was a bit disappointed with the game, I'm glad a big horror release managed to sell this much, gratz to the team!

spekkeh

Banned
Well, they started in May 2011, had a peak team size of 100, and had their margin diluted by the licensing fee.

I wouldn't be surprising if they lost money overall, especially given the likely average selling point, but they might consider this good enough for trying a second time.
SEGA pulled the plug on Bayo 2, even though it sold well over a million, had lower production values, was developed for only two last gen consoles and didn't have licensing fees, let alone a Hollywood cast.

I reckon it extremely unlikely that this is a success.

ezekial45

Banned
I think after the fiasco with CM, which damaged the brand, Isolation reaching a million is truly a great sign.

Sure, a million may not be a lot by AAA standards, but considering the up hill battle the game had, I'd see it as a success. Plus, the game was much cheaper on the development end to make than CM. So there's that.

Top Bottom