• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alien: Isolation passes 1 million units sold

Nameless

Alien:Iso was a much needed reprieve from the deluge of soulless, bombastic shooters, and the best thing related to the Alien franchise in decades. Glad it was a success, at least internally. I can't wait to see what those guys do next.

Fawoosh

Banned
How's the DLC? Is there anything (or will there be anything) along the lines of another story mode? I would really like to see a game based on Sevastopol just as shit is beginning to hit the fan.

Stanng243

It must have done really good in digital then, because by looking at retail charts it shouldn't be nowhere near 1 million.

Anyway real good sales, the game deserved it.

There was a sale on the PSN where the game and Season pass were half off. That is when I picked it up personally.

komorebi

Really fantastic game. Still working on playing through it on PS4. I was skeptical at first but the more I played of it I realized how unique and fun it is. Nice to see it sold so much.

i-Lo

Question is how many will they need to sell to break even.

Also, do publishers get money for games from retailers to whom the physical discs are 'shipped' to?

MMaRsu

Banned
Congrats to the Creative Assembly team :)

cI3MdGp.png

https://twitter.com/AlienIsolation/status/557932644269588480

Should have sold a lot more, since it's an amazing game with a sick ass atmosphere. It's like RE on crack atmosphere wise :p.

Glad I bought it :).

Omni

That seems... low.

I didn't pick it up myself but from what it seems most people enjoyed it. How many did Colonel Marines get?

Truly outstanding game! Shame on all who wanted to play it but pass on it because of reasons...Gamę deserves to sell couple of times more!
Play it with a good Headset (i play with Headset 2.0 from Sony) and (sooner or later) you will shit your pants. This game guarantee you that.

Applebite

The only thing that really matters is if it was up to Sega's expectations. It probably wasn't. Still good numbers for what is actually a really niche game.

pantsmith

Minus the source material, its super niche.

Haven't played it yet (waiting on a PS4 or a new PC), but listening to them talk about how much energy and thought went into their design process won me over as a fan. Glad to see it succeed!

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
It's not a smash success at one million but I doubt they would boast about it on twitter if they considered it a failure.
I doubt they are actually pleased with those numbers but they are boasting about them to give an additional push for more sales.

If your game sells a million copies it's easy to promote.

I hope this helps them net many more sales.

congrats! hopefully this means more quality games under the Alien/Aliens license get made. possibly even the Predator license gets looked at too.

Well uh... I'm happy that they're happy with those sales.

It is a niche game... The audience that bought it initially have been bombarded with bad and horrible alien video games for years.

I have no actual evidence on who purchased this game but I believe (completely opinionated) that most of us that bought the game are hardcore fans of the Alien series.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I bought the digital version and love it. I'm past CH 5, I know the Alien is a bit of TMF and unpredictable and he can throw the pacing off, but I really cannot imagine a better game as inspired by the original movie.

It's a shame it didn't sell more. I was tempted to buy a 3rd copy during the PSN sale but wallet was a little tight at the time. Amazing game though.

bj00rn_

Banned
What are the consensus excuses for not buying this game anyway? Everyone should know it's a high quality game by now?

Bashtee

I can imagine how colonial marines killed the sales for isolation. Really sad, because this might lead to wrong business decisions. :(

GunBR

I can imagine how colonial marines killed the sales for isolation. Really sad, because this might lead to wrong business decisions. :(
Yeah

I can see some Sega executive thinking that people wants Colonial Marines 2, because it sold better than Isolation

Still waiting to pick this game up. I still have a lot of games I'm playing right now. Will pick it up when it's more cheap and I have less stuff to play.

Shame I missed out on it when it was $30

Top Bottom