• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

ZrTRY8I.jpg

Two down in an hour like Kartik said, friggin' awesome!

Pic is after our first clear, we were swarmed in the tower haha.

noomi

We just used one guy on Boomer duty with a sniper. Smooth, like a glove.

My group used two titan bubbles on the boomer tower so that the boomers cant hit the sword bearer as he damages crota. I like that strategy much better than the bubble right by crota.

Apparently if the sword carrier doesn't shoot any enemies before picking up the sword, the boomers will not fire at them...maybe even for Crota...if so, a sniper can still stun them as distraction, we will try it next week.

Orges as normal, could try 3 in each room but not much advantage to this.

Swordbearer doesn't fire a single round at any enemy when he goes into the pit. Apparently that way the boomers don't agro on the swordbearer, even when he is hammering on Crota. Obviously you don't use a Titan bubble near Crota this way (not needed). The rest of the strat stays the same.

Wow cool, seems so much easier that way. Will definitely try on reset day, thanks guys.

Nuszka

Wow cool, seems so much easier that way. Will definitely try on reset day, thanks guys.

On my way back home , see new strats have been developed, going to be online tonight , need to get crota down as i feel like i am behind everyone.

Ambitious

Got a bit of university work to do today, but I'm idling in the tower with my Glowhoo shader on. I feel like a freaking rockstar. So many people just staring at my character, running in circles around him, sending friend requests, ...
It's hilarious.

phen0m24

Do you sleep? That's a better question.

Yeah hit the hay about 12:30. Just got up. It's supposed to snow here so in typical NJ fashion I need to go to the store and get milk and bread. LOL It's so funny how people do that.

Just so happens that I typically go to the store on Sat AM when the boys are with their mom though

I just started playing Unfinished Swan on Vita though. WOW the ambient sound and gameplay are really beautifully meshed

So I've pretty much maxed out the Word of Crota, and aside from the stability it's pretty much a dud except for Void Nightfalls. I get plenty of headshots with it but getting one bullet back doesn't make much difference when you have 8 shots.

Wish I could try out the Scout Rifle, but I got two Hand Cannons back to back. And I really was looking forward to this thing...

Fatebringer remains King of course.

phen0m24

So I've pretty much maxed out the Word of Crota, and aside from the stability it's pretty much a dud aside from Void Nightfalls. I get plenty of headshots with it but getting one bullet back doesn't make much difference when you have 8 shots.

Wish I could try out the Scout Rifle, but I got two Hand Cannons back to back. And I really was looking forward to it...

But is the Epilogue getting retired as a result?

DJ88

Humm... Can he still help with the swordbearer from the window before jumping down?

Yup, he can still help from the window, but once he's down he can't fire at all. Boomers completely ignored him 95% of the time on our runs. They just stood there staring at us on the window. Of course always keep an eye on them with snipers for that 5%

Stubo

So I've pretty much maxed out the Word of Crota, and aside from the stability it's pretty much a dud except for Void Nightfalls. I get plenty of headshots with it but getting one bullet back doesn't make much difference when you have 8 shots.

Wish I could try out the Scout Rifle, but I got two Hand Cannons back to back. And I really was looking forward to this thing...

Fatebringer remains King of course.
We really need a 331 fatebringer :(
But is the Epilogue getting retired as a result?
This is important!

This is important!

I'm so not sure. Against Ultra Knights I was shocked how well the 300 Raid guns were doing compared to 331 weapons. I felt like I was shooting spit balls with everything, so I don't think right now damage scaling is as harsh? Really don't know what to expect moving forward.

As for the Epilogue I think I'd be more comfortable with the Word of Crota for anything I'd need it for so for now I'll say yes. Still keeping mine around indefinitely though.

WipedOut

This is important!

I got two of the scouts back to back, I need to upgrade it to the final spec but so far I still enjoy my VoC more due to the full Auto, this being a raid weapon Bungie should have made it FA.

We helped out some people last night on Normal and not realizing it I was doing it on my 3rd alt that hadn't done it on hard yet. Am I still in the running to get the Word of Crota or am I most likely not going to get a thing?

Speaking of Fatebringer I ran a quick HM VoG since I needed energies for an LDR, completely not expecting anything other than energies. Then Fatebringer and Vex both drop. I bout shit a brick. It's funny once you stop giving a damn how things start dropping. I had completely moved on from trying to get either one of those guns after run after run on VoG with nothing.

Happen right after I maxed Oversoul Edict too. Way too funny.

Yeah hit the hay about 12:30. Just got up. It's supposed to snow here so in typical NJ fashion I need to go to the store and get milk and bread. LOL It's so funny how people do that.

Just so happens that I typically go to the store on Sat AM when the boys are with their mom though

I just started playing Unfinished Swan on Vita though. WOW the ambient sound and gameplay are really beautifully meshed

Yeah. Don't miss that part of living in Manhattan. Down here in the Deep South, people throw a fit if it hits freezing.

We helped out some people last night on Normal and not realizing it I was doing it on my 3rd alt that hadn't done it on hard yet. Am I still in the running to get the Word of Crota or am I most likely not going to get a thing?

You'll get all the section drops (Lamps, Bridge, Crota) minus Deathsinger and the chests (assuming you already looted them).

noomi

On my way back home , see new strats have been developed, going to be online tonight , need to get crota down as i feel like i am behind everyone.

Cool, I'm home all day today (snow day!) and I know Messiek wants to get Crota down as well, so I'll run through it with you guys.

Send me a psn message when your online, I'll get it on my phone and come on.

Jinjo

Got a bit of university work to do today, but I'm idling in the tower with my Glowhoo shader on. I feel like a freaking rockstar. So many people just staring at my character, running in circles around him, sending friend requests, ...
It's hilarious.

I always keep a few greens around to go incognito when in the tower lol. So many stalkers/admirers, even when you were level 30 back in the day haha.

Speaking of Fatebringer I ran a quick HM VoG since I needed energies for an LDR, completely not expecting anything other than energies. Then Fatebringer and Vex both drop. I bout shit a brick. It's funny once you stop giving a damn how things start dropping. I had completely moved on from trying to get either one of those guns after run after run on VoG with nothing.

Happen right after I maxed Oversoul Edict too. Way too funny.

Fatebringer is still the best gun in the game tho.

WipedOut

GAF XBOX ONE Destiny (& crota hm) list thus far;

- Liquidsnake00 (32 Hunter)
- randomraawr
- dmh33 (32 Warlock x2 [dirty])
- Korosenai
- Tapiozona (32 Hunter)
- purg3 (32 Titan x3)
- Iceman829 (32 Hunter, 32 Warlock, 31 Titan)
- Homeboyd903 (32 Titan x3)
- TacticalFailure (32 Titan, 31 warlock, 31 hunter)
- yLEFTy (32 titan and hunter and 31 warlock)
- Mortalikus (32 Titan)
- Ev0lved1 (31 Titan)
- SimpleCRIPPLE (32 Titan(x2))
- Vince DiCola (32 Warlock, 31 Titan, 31 Hunter)
- Karl2177 (32 Hunter, 31 Titan, 31 Warlock)
- Macjester (31 Hunter, 31 Titan, 30 Warlock -- very soon 31)
- Toejam2501 (32 Warlocks x2, 31 Titan)
- Guitaratomik (Warlock 31 (Titan 31 soon))
- NJ Shlice (32 Warlock, 32 Titan, 31 Hunter)
- misterthirsty (32 Titan x2 and 31 warlock)
- rlench (30 Titan)
- justkelson (32 Titan, 31 Hunter (soon to be 32), 31 Warlock)
- Natural vV High (32 Hunter, 31 Titan)
- Ruze789 (31 Warlock, lowly 29 Hunter & Titan)

Add me - WipedOut.

Still need to do one for Crota Fight, anyone up to take him down today?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I haven't done it either so Lemme know. I'll be on. I was just too sad to run it without you. Also, gf got back from her trip so there was no time for raid :p but she's gone again!

Jinjo

Humm... Can he still help with the swordbearer from the window before jumping down?

Not sure actually. Could help from the window, but as soon as he jumps down don't fire a single round. Might be best just to not shoot at all though. You don't need a knight-sniper this way so he can help on swordbearer.

oSoLucky

My group used two titan bubbles on the boomer tower so that the boomers cant hit the sword bearer as he damages crota. I like that strategy much better than the bubble right by crota.

It was smooth except for the one time that the boomer somehow shot through the bubble. I swear I put it right on the edge like every other time.

Agent

It was smooth except for the one time that the boomer somehow shot through the bubble. I swear I put it right on the edge like every other time.

I'm pretty sure something glitched or lagged on that run. The boomer in my Saint-14 bubble was still firing away as normal. Normally it would just stand there like an idiot because it was blinded.

oSoLucky

So what's the default strat now? (HM Crota)

Haven't done HM yet and only did one normal clear Tues night

There still seems to be 2 or 3 variations of every aspect as people figure out the most efficient ones, but Swordbearer not killing makes controlling Boomers much easier so I imagine people will be doing that.

phen0m24

There still seems to be 2 or 3 variations of every aspect as people figure out the most efficient ones, but Swordbearer not killing makes controlling Boomers much easier so I imagine people will be doing that.
Wait, what do you mean by Swordbearer not killing..

If you teabag Crota while he is kneeling, he will remain kneeling for the entire fight.
I thought you should melee him as a Punchbro

#theregoesmystrategy

Top Bottom