• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886: Official spoiler thread for all black bars

viveks86

The floodgates are starting to open, so let's keep all spoiler-y discussions here so that we have at least 1 thread where people can hang around without being scared away

UPDATE:

Rehosted:

http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x2gt4om

Spoiler tag your discussions just in case someone walks in by mistake.

nib95

Banned
Jack the Ripper mentioned?

Can we keep the posts in here spoiler tagged until the game is at least released? I fear many may accidently stumble in to this thread instead of the Official OT and end up severely disappopinted lol. But yea, by the sounds of it,
he's in the game

Can we keep even the posts tagged until the game is at least released? I fear many may accidently stumble in to this instead of the Official OT and end up severely disappopinted lol. But yea, by the sounds of it,
he's in the game

I don't know, I think asking people to use spoiler tags in a spoiler thread won't be successful, inevitably people will start posting things without.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
I, for one, do not welcome this new thread

Hugstable

Banned
Can we keep the posts in here spoiler tagged until the game is at least released? I fear many may accidently stumble in to this thread instead of the Official OT and end up severely disappopinted lol. But yea, by the sounds of it,
he's in the game

It's a spoiler thread though... lol

Looks like I'll be getting this game day 1. I have a $10 BB certificate that I'll lose if I don't use it by the 21st.

Is there a review embargo?

Most major releases have embargos, especially games that are heavily story driven (as I assume this one is)

IIRC, Infamous had a midnight on release day embargo, I believe they were trying to keep the extra powers hidden as long as possible.

Betty

Banned
I don't want to spoil the storyline, but can we get gameplay impressions?

So far there's just been lots of walking around, the guy playing in the videos didn't realize the arc gun tracks his target so we didn't even get to see him fire it -_-

nib95

Banned
I don't want to spoil the storyline, but can we get gameplay impressions?

The only impressions we have are from the guy who leaked the 11 minute direct feed video. He thought the game was excellent and said he'd give it a 9/10. Take it as you will.

Betty

Banned
Do you not walk in games?

I'm just saying from the videos we have so there it's mostly been walking, there hasn't been much else to talk about yet. It is the intro though.

They would have to be absolutely positively bat shit crazy to allow the players to skip sections of the game when it is so focused on story and narrative.

That does seem to be what's happening though, and it's only occurred during an instant fail part where the player fucked up twice and was given the option to skip.

EDIT: Or not, it seems there is a cut in the video so the guy edited it out... not sure why he wouldn't show us the kill but whatever.

BeeDog

Not a fan of these insta-fail sections. Let's hope they keep them to a minimum, but my fear is they won't.

Remf

The only impressions we have are from the guy who leaked the 11 minute direct feed video. He thought the game was excellent and said he'd give it a 9/10. Take it as you will.

From what I've seen, gameplay looks great and falls in line with the types of games I love (UC, TLOU, GOW, etc). I read his impressions so hopefully more people will chime in with their experience. Can't wait until the 20th!!

Lingitiz

Looks really beautiful but yeah not much to get excited about in those videos. The scripted sequence
with the arc gun
is essentially a QTE which worries me if the game ends up doing that alot.

Top Bottom