• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
As much as I thought this was a shit episode, I'm perched to see PREVIEW TALK
Jeffrey Dean Morgan's
part in the finale. Specially after his suave performance in The Good Wife.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Anyone else bothered by Alexandria's terrible defenses and surveillance capabilities? Especially after the towers and really good handmade barriers/fortifications in the prison? It's basically now people standing on top of the walls, completely exposed with no visibility of the immediate area (why didn't they clear up trees + burn/tear down the nearby homes?). I'm waiting for the inevitable scene of an Alexandrian on "patrol" taking an easy bullet to the head.

I think their being surrounded by woods is both a good thing and a bad thing. It's a good thing in the sense that it has probably contributed immensely to them not being discovered up until this point (unlike Hilltop, which can be seen from a long distance) and a bad thing for the reasons you have pointed out.

raphier

Banned
You just know bad things are about to happen.

Regarding Darryl's situation, I made a JIF of the moment:

2OY6ImN.gif

Glenn 2: Electric Boogaloo.

If you look closely, the pistol slide doesn't move. So lazy.

Was that some heavy-handed symbolism with Michonne handing Rick the apple or just a tender moment?

I also like how the world has gone to hell, he only shaves his face once every 4 seasons but Rick still manages to keep a manscaped chest.

Mega

Banned
The show has made that big ego mentality very hard to believe after they got wrecked bad in the prison attacks, got punk'd hard and nearly all killed by the Terminus crew, and had half the town killed by the random, disorganized attack of an uncoordinated, malnourished group of savages with no guns. Now they're up against a clearly bigger, trained group with a hierarchy, long range comms, more than one base/camp, tons of vehicles and serious weaponry... and the town is like maybe one notch up on the disaster readiness chart. Rick is more dumb than overconfident.

taybul

2OY6ImN.gif

In an effort to save Daryl, Rosita threw a jar of pasta sauce that she happened to be carrying at Dwight and that's what he ended up shooting. Dwight then commented "You'll be alright" after seeing that Daryl's vest was covered in sauce.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I'm just waiting for an episode where they don't walk through the SAME forest, and on the same goddamn road, for 4 seasons. Seriously, it's getting really annoying now. The setting fucking blows! I need the city or something else now!

MK_768

The show has made that big ego mentality very hard to believe after they got wrecked bad in the prison attacks, got punk'd hard and nearly all killed by the Terminus crew, and had half the town killed by the random, disorganized attack of an uncoordinated, malnourished group of savages with no guns. Now they're up against a clearly bigger, trained group with a hierarchy, long range comms, more than one base/camp, tons of vehicles and serious weaponry... and the town is like maybe one notch up on the disaster readiness chart. Rick is more dumb than overconfident.

doesn't overconfidence go hand-in-hand with being dumb lol?

And actually I dont think they've made it hard to believe. I think it is very believable.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
If you look closely, the pistol slide doesn't move. So lazy.

That was either a 100% CG shot or a flash paper gun with some CG blood splatter added to the mix.

The thing about blanks is that they are damn unsafe at close distances. Squibs are loud and can even injure the actors or damage camera equipment if shot from close distance. Some shows make for it by using airsoft replicas with gas action or even adding some extra CGI, but TWD didn't.

It's not the first time it happens. Hershel's infinite ammo shotgun (sweetest drop ever) was probably using half loads or something like that, because that thing had no recoil whatsoever.

hMlvML4.gif

Nothingness? I'm pretty sure the purpose of the last episode was to show that the saviours are drawing closer and closer to the world of alexandria and to show that things have escalated past the point of no return.

We in war dawg.

-griffy-

Banned
TWD has often been pretty subpar with their CG muzzle flashes. Several instances where the flash is clearly repeated and/or protruding at a direction that is completely different from the direction the weapon is aiming (reminder that "W" is the keyboard shortcut for the rotation tool in After Effects).

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
TWD has often been pretty subpar with their CG muzzle flashes. Several instances where the flash is clearly repeated and/or protruding at a direction that is completely different from the direction the weapon is aiming (reminder that "W" is the keyboard shortcut for the rotation tool in After Effects).

TWD is awful at any kind of CG that is not in the background. There's a ton of subtle, high quality effects making buildings more decrepit and filling the scenery, but pretty much everything else sucks, from muzzle flashes to assplossions.

8ODIA98.gif

Never forget.

TWD is awful at any kind of CG that is not in the background. There's a ton of subtle, high quality effects making buildings more decrepit and filling the scenery, but pretty much everything else sucks, from muzzle flashes to assplossions.

8ODIA98.gif

Never forget.
amc was skimping hardcore on the budget back then (still kinda do). Wouldn't be surprised if that was created in some pirated application on one dudes computer.

Timeaisis

2OY6ImN.gif

Just everything here is so awful. Did they have to cut it so that Darryl looks back and the gun goes off with the blood? Did he have to say "He'll be OK" awkwardly afterwards? No. It literally could've just been him sneaking up on Darryl, saying his line, cut to black, gunshot. Would've been a million times less silly.

ElyrionX

This show is so good and so bad all at the same time. The group is so good at surviving but the writers make them do all kinds of stupid things. I mean, it is so clear that Negan's group is larger and much more coordinated than them and instead of working on the issue, people are leaving the base for all kinds of random reasons.

Also, I seriously thought Glenn was going to die this episode given all that foreshadowing.

So season finale is next week?

Just everything here is so awful. Did they have to cut it so that Darryl looks back and the gun goes off with the blood? Did he have to say "He'll be OK" awkwardly afterwards? No. It literally could've just been him sneaking up on Darryl, saying his line, cut to black, gunshot. Would've been a million times less silly.
pretty sure they just didn't want to cause any debate about whether or not daryl is dead. So they went out of their way so people would know he's fine. Whichi then begs the question of why they bothered with it, and that's probably solely for the blood spatter shot lol.

I aint mad though, cheesy. I like it better like that than ambiguous like glenn earlier in the season.

Surfinn

Would have made so much sense for Glenn to have slowed Rick down to figure out a plan, like he always does. Absolutely laughable that everyone just dispersed and bolted in separate directions for no real reason once Carol left.

So season finale is next week?

Yeah, was thinking the finale was last night but it's actually this coming Sunday.

pretty sure they just didn't want to cause any debate about whether or not daryl is dead. So they went out of their way so people would know he's fine. Whichi then begs the question of why they bothered with it, and that's probably solely for the blood spatter shot lol.

I aint mad though, cheesy. I like it better like that than ambiguous like glenn earlier in the season.

It's all cheap shock thrills. Very disappointed in the show for continuing to do shit like this.

bill0527

Last two weeks for me have been complete runny steaming dogshit, especially compared to the rest of what's been a stellar season.

This whole...Carol walking off this mother fucker for the 2nd time..was lame. Love Carol as a character, but if they are going to go this plot route of her pulling a disappearing act again, bitch should just keep on walking. I'm not really buying this whole..come to jesus thing she's going through anyway. She's been badass up to this point, but the writing of her the last 2 weeks has put her back into 'don't care if she's walker bait at this point' for me.

Surfinn

Last two weeks for me have been complete runny steaming dogshit, especially compared to the rest of what's been a stellar season.

This whole...Carol walking off this mother fucker for the 2nd time..was lame. Love Carol as a character, but if they are going to go this plot route of her pulling a disappearing act again, bitch should just keep on walking. I'm not really buying this whole..come to jesus thing she's going through anyway. She's been badass up to this point, but the writing of her the last 2 weeks has put her back into 'don't care if she's walker bait at this point' for me.

Yup, same. And.. where was she planning on going, anyway? She was packing, so clearly she knew she'd have to kill again, yet it was unbearable to do it? What is she planning on doing? How is she planning to survive?

It's like they just randomly generate an outcome and put it into the show at this point. I was really starting to like her character and now she's reverted back to square one, as if all of her development over the last six seasons simply never happened.

Morgan is starting to make me see his side of things.
I been defending morgan for a while. He even said in the episode that he isn't right, nothing is right anymore, it's just about being able to live with the things you're doing before it pulls you down. Just like they've pulled Carol down.

And everything he said about denise was true.

Surfinn

Morgan is starting to make me see his side of things.

That all life is precious and everyone can change? They FORCED the wolf leader to fall into his philosophy just so he can have this "see I told you so" moment, even though it makes absolutely no sense for him to have saved Denise and turn into some good guy.

In a real apocalypse, he would have been dead the second he decided to carry only a stick and stop killing out of defense.

I been defending morgan for a while. He even said in the episode that he isn't right, nothing is right anymore, it's just about being able to live with the things you're doing before it pulls you down. Just like they've pulled Carol down.

Denise wouldn't even have needed saving if Morgan would have simply killed the guy in the beginning. It was forced justification.

That all life is precious and everyone can change? They FORCED the wolf leader to fall into his philosophy just so he can have this "see I told you so" moment, even though it makes absolutely no sense for him to have saved Denise and turn into some good guy.

In a real apocalypse, he would have been dead the second he decided to carry only a stick and stop killing out of defense.
Pretty shallow assessment I think. Why say they forced him to fall for it? He didn't fall for Morgan's shtick, not completely. He still wanted to do evil things and just wanted denise to help him. But that doesn't mean he can't be three dimensional. After speaking with Denise he had a kind of respect for her and knew he was fucked anyway so why not save her?

I actually thought that was a pretty good moment. Better than evil bad guy does evil bad thing all the time because he evil!! Morgan didn't completely get through to him but he did just enough.

Denise wouldn't even have needed saving if Morgan would have simply killed the guy in the beginning. It was forced justification.
you're wrong again

Morgan's whole point was that denise was able to get to the infirmary in time to help carl. If the wolf was out of the picture denise would still be in that other house. Who knows at all if carol/morgan would have been able to get her to the infirmary. In fact she got there and the only life lost was the wolf instead of carol/morgan/rosita.

It caused the best possible outcome in that one specific situation.

MK_768

Except that if he didn't bring that Wolf into his basement Denise wouldn't have been in danger lol. So yes he is speaking a truth but it's so twisted. It was a weak way to show that people can come back like he suggests.

Prologue

Except that if he didn't bring that Wolf into his basement Denise wouldn't have been in danger lol. So yes he is speaking a truth but it's so twisted. It was a weak way to show that people can come back like he suggests.

She wouldn't have been at Rick's house to save the kid though.

-griffy-

Banned

There's some pretty faulty logic there though. Denise was only in the position to get swarmed by walkers and saved by the Wolf because Morgan kept the Wolf prisoner and Denise had to look after him. Otherwise she would have just been at the doc's office anyways to save Coral.

It's like, "The shitty situation created by the shitty situation I created was fixed by the shitty situation I created" or something.

Surfinn

Pretty shallow assessment I think. Why say they forced him to fall for it? He didn't fall for Morgan's shtick, not completely. He still wanted to do evil things and just wanted denise to help him. But that doesn't mean he can't be three dimensional. After speaking with Denise he had a kind of respect for her and knew he was fucked anyway so why not save her?

I actually thought that was a pretty good moment. Better than evil bad guy does evil bad thing all the time because he evil!! Morgan didn't completely get through to him but he did just enough.

Does it really make any logical sense why someone who is the leader of a group of people who infiltrated Alexandria SPECIFICALLY to murder and behead everyone would be swayed in a matter of hours to essentially give his life to save a random woman he knows almost nothing about? Not seeing it. They forced this interaction just to justify Morgan's philosophy. It's really the most bizarre way they could have done it.

See my post above.

Denise was NOT in that house. She got to the infirmary safely BECAUSE of the wolf helping her/saving her.

Also the wolves were going to find alexandria no matter what. You can only judge what happened and what happened was the wolf helped denise get there to help carl.

Does it really make any logical sense why someone who is the leader of a group of people who infiltrated Alexandria SPECIFICALLY to murder and behead everyone would be swayed in a matter of hours to essentially give his life to save a random woman he knows almost nothing about? Not seeing it. They forced this interaction just to justify Morgan's philosophy. It's really the most bizarre way they could have done it.
you're assuming he was swayed though. I don't believe he was swayed for one second. If Denise patched him up then he probably would have continued his murdering ways but when he realized he was going to die he thought enough of denise to help her out. Characters can have some form of depth. It's not a terrible thing. He didn't become some saint all of a sudden.

Surfinn

See my post above.

Denise was NOT in that house. She got to the infirmary safely BECAUSE of the wolf helping her/saving her.

Also the wolves were going to find alexandria no matter what. You can only judge what happened and what happened was the wolf helped denise get there to help carl.

Right, but like others have said above, it's really shitty justification. If we're going that route, would the wolves even have invaded if Morgan would have killed that guy from the beginning? How many other lives would have been saved had Morgan followed through and eliminated an obvious threat to innocent lives?

you're assuming he was swayed though. I don't believe he was swayed for one second. If Denise patched him up then he probably would have continued his murdering ways but when he realized he was going to die he thought enough of denise to help her out. Characters can have some form of depth. It's not a terrible thing. He didn't become some saint all of a sudden.

You really don't think that was the entire point of that scene? Morgan tied him up and preached to him long before the zombie invasion. His decision to suddenly give his live for Denise was obviously linked to his time with Morgan.

Right, but like others have said above, it's really shitty justification. If we're going that route, would the wolves even have invaded if Morgan would have killed that guy from the beginning? How many other lives would have been saved had Morgan followed through and eliminated an obvious threat to innocent lives?
Maybe some? Maybe none at all? You're speculating on on a potential parallel timeline where MAYBE things go different and MAYBE the wolves never find alexandria.

I'm just speaking factually about events that did occur.

Surfinn

Maybe some? Maybe none at all? You're speculating on on a potential parallel timeline where MAYBE things go different and MAYBE the wolves never find alexandria.

I'm just speaking factually about events that did occur.

Wasn't Denise brought specifically to patch up the wolf leader? I thought that was why she was even there in the first place. Didn't Morgan bring her there for that exact purpose? Which is how she even ended up separated in the first place?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Hoping Negan kills Daryl.

Boring episode imo, pleased Maggies got her short hair. Shame she's pregnant with a demon child.

Wasn't Denise in that house specifically to patch up the wolf leader? I thought that was why she was even there in the first place. Didn't Morgan bring her there for that exact purpose?
but that doesn't mean she'd be in the infirmary otherwise, it's speculation. Doesn't matter where or why. Just matters what actually happened and in what actually happened, she lived and carl lived because the wolf. For better or worse.

Of course we can go through the chain events but it's pretty ridiculous, if morgan never did this and rick never did that and aaron never dropped his backpack and this and then then this wouldn't have happened!

I don't disagree that this show manipulates events, you almost have to sometimes or nothing would ever happen. But from morgan's point of view I don't think he's that wrong.

See my post above.

The only reason the Wolves were still around to find Alexandria is because Morgan didn't kill them when they attacked him in the woods before he made it to Alexandria. Everyone that got killed by the Wolves from that point forward is Morgan's fault. All of Alexandria's red shirts that got slaughtered in the Wolf attack and all of the Alexandrian's that died when the quarry horde got attracted to Alexandria during the Wolf attack are his fault. Carl got shot during the horde's take over of Alexandria, which is Morgan's fault. The one good thing that Morgan could point to from all of the bullshit that he indirectly caused or allowed to happen is that Carl was only permanently maimed rather than outright killed. He gave himself a nice little pat on the back for that while ignoring all of the death and destruction that he allowed to happen.

This show has some amazing make-up and practical effects, but boy the CG is fucking terrible every time. It literally looked like someone splashed hot sauce on the screen.

Also, last ep was pretty bad in general.

alright, I just caught up.

wtf...

I didn't get to watch in full volume so I didn't catch everything they said. most of the episode I was just waiting for something to happen. so carol is on the road again, michonne is held captive again, glenn is held captive again, umm....

DARYL IS DEAD?!?!?!

The only reason the Wolves were still around to find Alexandria is because Morgan didn't kill them when they attacked him in the woods before he made it to Alexandria. Everyone that got killed by the Wolves from that point forward is Morgan's fault. All of Alexandria's red shirts that got slaughtered in the Wolf attack and all of the Alexandrian's that died when the quarry horde got attracted to Alexandria during the Wolf attack are his fault. Carl got shot during the horde's take over of Alexandria, which is Morgan's fault. The one good thing that Morgan could point to from all of the bullshit that he indirectly caused or allowed to happen is that Carl was only permanently maimed rather than outright killed.
I thought the wolves were around because aaron dropped his backpack? like I said, going through this chain of events is a pretty crazy line of thought, you can do that with so much media lol.

wtf...

I didn't get to watch in full volume so I didn't catch everything they said. most of the episode I was just waiting for something to happen. so carol is on the road again, michonne is held captive again, glenn is held captive again, umm....

DARYL IS DEAD?!?!?!
he isn't dead, just shot in the shoulder.

wtf...

DARYL IS DEAD?!?!?!

of course not, you can clearly see the gun misfired and didn't actually go off, the explosion you see is actually a split universe being created where the show doesn't suck ass.

Oh, and Sasha threw her bowl of spaghetti sauce on the camera, these things happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom