• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surfinn

but that doesn't mean she'd be in the infirmary otherwise, it's speculation. Doesn't matter where or why. Just matters what actually happened and in what actually happened, she lived and carl lived because the wolf. For better or worse.

Of course we can go through the chain events but it's pretty ridiculous, if morgan never did this and rick never did that and aaron never dropped his backpack and this and then then this wouldn't have happened!

I don't disagree that this show manipulates events, you almost have to sometimes or nothing would ever happen. But from morgan's point of view I don't think he's that wrong.

No. Morgan forced her out of her usual location to be able to patch up the wolf's wounds. Morgan forced her into danger, and forced her away from Carl. That's not speculation. He caused all of this because of his shitty ideology that's been painfully wrong from the beginning and caused more harm than good.

That all life is precious and everyone can change? They FORCED the wolf leader to fall into his philosophy just so he can have this "see I told you so" moment, even though it makes absolutely no sense for him to have saved Denise and turn into some good guy.

In a real apocalypse, he would have been dead the second he decided to carry only a stick and stop killing out of defense.

Denise wouldn't even have needed saving if Morgan would have simply killed the guy in the beginning. It was forced justification.

Thank you. Been having a shitty morning, and seeing someone actually, unironically say "in a real apocalypse" made me bust out laughing and smile. You do you, TWD fans.

I thought the wolves were around because aaron dropped his backpack? like I said, going through this chain of events is a pretty crazy line of thought, you can do that with so much media lol.

The Wolves found Aaron's backpack after Morgan let them go when they attacked him in the forest. They admitted that they killed pretty much everyone that they came across and attempted to kill Morgan, but he let them go.

Surfinn

Thank you. Been having a shitty morning, and seeing someone actually, unironically say "in a real apocalypse" made me bust out laughing and smile. You do you, TWD fans.

Or.. in a real situation where someone is walking around with a stick trying to save everyone in a war torn area with armed individuals who would kill on sight for supplies? I'm glad you enjoyed the semantics of my post though. Nice edge.

The Wolves found Aaron's backpack after Morgan let them go when they attacked him in the forest. They admitted that they killed pretty much everyone that they came across and attempted to kill Morgan, but he let them go.

Which means that if not for Morgan letting them go, they would have never had an interest in finding Alexandria, right?

of course not, you can clearly see the gun misfired and didn't actually go off, the explosion you see is actually a split universe being created where the show doesn't suck ass.

Oh, and Sasha threw her bowl of spaghetti sauce on the camera, these things happen.
lol

btw Morgan, no, all life is not precious. Life that takes away other life is not precious. He still doesn't get it, so fuck him too.

Or.. in a real situation where someone is walking around with a stick trying to save everyone in a war torn area with armed individuals who would kill on sight for supplies? I'm glad you enjoyed the semantics of my post though. Nice edge.

Which means that if not for Morgan letting them go, they would have never had an interest in finding Alexandria, right?

I think they would've wanted to find something like Alexandria no matter what and it looks like they were close enough that they would've found it eventually. But if he had taken care of the problem right then and there, they wouldn't have been around long enough to find it.

Surfinn

I think they would've wanted to find something like Alexandria no matter what and it looks like they were close enough that they would've found it eventually. But if he had taken care of the problem right then and there, they wouldn't have been around long enough to find it.

True, they still could have found it eventually (the remaining wolves), but this led them directly to it.

It would be more beneficial to account for all of the damage Morgan has done rather than good. Speaking of which.. what has Morgan done again that's been good? Indirectly "saved" Denise after forcing her into a dangerous situation with the wolf leader?

Is Carol seriously having panic attacks or are they just a show to distract people?

Pretty sure THEY don't even know, at this point.

Surfinn

I really don't like carol...her leaving driving the plot towards everyone going looking for her and getting into trouble, ugh.

My biggest issue is that she has absolutely no plan. What's the purpose of her leaving on the main road and arming herself (forcing a situation where she'll have to kill again)? That makes no sense.

I miss the days when they were trying to get to DC. They had a mission, it was mostly still about the walkers, and we got to see new locations. The world of the characters has grown very small since Alexandria, and theme has changed from "how do you retain who you are when the world is gone" to "how do you justify mass murder and still call yourself a good person". It's Lord of the Flies now. Very soulless.

edit: Remember the three questions they'd ask people? Prison Rick wouldn't even let current Rick into the group.
PR: "How many people have you killed?"
CR: "Uh...I don't know. A lot. More than 40 recently."
PR: "Why?"
CR: "We got hired to be assassins for some food."

On another note, I don't even know what Rick is doing as a character anymore. He doesn't seem to be leading the group anymore... no one asks him anything, they just run off when they feel like it and he doesn't seem that concerned about keeping Alexandria's shit together. He should be happy, he's got Michonne now, Alexandra is his oyster, and yet he seems unhinged and unfocused. The writing this season is some of the worst of the whole series because the characters don't make sense.

My biggest issue is that she has absolutely no plan. What's the purpose of her leaving on the main road and arming herself (forcing a situation where she'll have to kill again)? That makes no sense.
she's having one of those moral conflict, mid-life crisis shits. the type of shit you need therapy for but such a service no longer exists in their world.

True, they still could have found it eventually (the remaining wolves), but this led them directly to it.

It would be more beneficial to account for all of the damage Morgan has done rather than good. Speaking of which.. what has Morgan done again that's been good? Indirectly "saved" Denise after forcing her into a dangerous situation with the wolf leader?

He seems to think that he redeemed that one Wolf because he didn't kill Denise after he took her hostage and he's taking credit for Denise saving Carl even though neither Carl nor Denise would've been in any danger if not for his fuck ups.

He saved Daryl & Aaron from the wolf zombie herd.

Surfinn

I miss the days when they were trying to get to DC. They had a mission, it was mostly still about the walkers, and we got to see new locations. The world of the characters has grown very small since Alexandria, and theme has changed from "how do you retain who you are when the world is gone" to "how do you justify mass murder and still call yourself a good person". It's Lord of the Flies now. Very soulless.

On another note, I don't even know what Rick is doing as a character anymore. He doesn't seem to be leading the group anymore... no one asks him anything, they just run off when they feel like it and he doesn't seem that concerned about keeping Alexandria's shit together. He should be happy, he's got Michonne now, Alexandra is his oyster, and yet he seems unhinged and unfocused. The writing this season is some of the worst of the whole series because the characters don't make sense.

The bolded is why this season has easily been the worst. This is a show driven by characters and their interactions, and we've seen what happens when that is not handled with care. Rick, for example, as you've stated, just feels like he's going through the motions and has had almost NO development. I don't even care about him that much because he doesn't even feel like a person. Then they throw Rick and Michonne together.. and forget about it. Suddenly we have a scene where they're together just to remind us about it? The only relationship that feels even REMOTELY real is Glenn and Maggie's. This season is just so messy and totally unfocused, and as a result, the development of the characters has suffered greatly.

He saved Daryl & Aaron from the wolf zombie herd.

Thank you. I'll give him that one, thank God he at least accomplished something with his philosophy.

Is Carol seriously having panic attacks or are they just a show to distract people?
A bit of both. Carol will kill them to survive. She doesn't want to but she will. She does amp the drama up to let the enemies guard down. She had to let their guard down if she even stood a chance at taking them all out at once. There was no way she could've taken them all down at once. She was begging them for her not to kill them but once she had her opportunity she killed them. I thought that scene where she took out the truck convoy to be the most savage thing she's done in a while.

abuC

When are they going to learn that standing around outside the walls and talking for 5 minutes isn't a very good idea lol

Surfinn

A bit of both. Carol will kill them to survive. She doesn't want to but she will. She does amp the drama up to let the enemies guard down. She had to let their guard down if she even stood a chance at taking them all out at once. There was no way she could've taken them all down at once. She was begging them for her not to kill them but once she had her opportunity she killed them. I thought that scene where she took out the truck convoy to be the most savage thing she's done in a while.

Does anyone know what kind of weapon she had hidden up her sleeve? Seemed like a damn 50 cal machine gun.

She burned a whole group of dudes alive like 2 episodes ago. The spray and pray take down of 5 guys at once is impressive, but tossing a lit cigarette onto gasoline and locking the door on those guys was fucking savage.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I really don't get the hype for Negan.

They've already dealt with a psychopath (the Governor) and with cannibals.

Once you're at eating humans level, you can't really step it up any higher than that.

Negan makes the Governor, the Wolves, the cannibals...look like kindergarteners. This is straight up the most efficient, ruthless and crazy cool villain Rick and the team have ever seen. The Governor was a lame wannabe. Negan is the real deal.

Negan makes the Governor, the Wolves, the cannibals...look like kindergarteners. This is straight up the most efficient, ruthless and crazy cool villain Rick and the team have ever seen. The Governor was a lame wannabe. Negan is the real deal.

SPOIL
Rick & co have killed WAAAAAY more saviors on the show than in the comics. For hardcore fans and for fans like me who haven't read the comic, to give us the full sensible extent on how evil he is, he needs to kill more than just one person. He killed only Glenn in the comics, but here I think it should be Morgan and...Daryl. Because I think I heard recently Norman Reedus saying he wants out.

i think they still underestimate alexandria. i mean they werent even that heavily armed.... they had spears lol

Right. So with that, maybe they were going to keep an eye on what Alexandria's movements were. Like recon missions and a spear dude to kill any walkers.

Does anyone know what kind of weapon she had hidden up her sleeve? Seemed like a damn 50 cal machine gun.

probably a machine piston, those things are small, although the magazine would be rather large and be near impossible to hid while in the sleeve for the amount of ammo she fired.

Surfinn

probably a machine piston, those things are small, although the magazine would be rather large and be near impossible to hid while in the sleeve for the amount of ammo she fired.

I had an issue with how powerful the weapon was and how easily she was able to conceal it while utilizing its power with crazy accuracy.

RootCause

Where the hell did Carol go?
The injured guy didn't capture her, and it couldn't have been other members of the saviors since the guy was still hiding in the bush.

Did she go into the field? if so, why? D:

zewone

Someone posted it earlier.
TWD-S6-SS-615-09-img0-wkhg-9dyfr.jpg

masud

Banned
Comic spoilers
Negan is certainly more competent and powerful than the governor but more ruthless? The governor was a straight psychopath. Let's see in the comic he rapes and tortures Michonne repeatedly, cuts off Ricks hand within minutes of meeting him, attacks them with a fucking tank, shoots a pregnant woman in the stomach and decapitates Ricks number 2. Negan is an asshole and a tryrant but he's not a complete monster. He doesn't kill rick even though he probably should have, hell Carl tries to assasinate him and Negan just returns him to Alexandria. I'd say even the neutered tv governor was worse than Negan. And if anything the show seems to be bluring the lines as far as who the good/bad guys are (which the comic did not do) so tv negan may be more tame than his comic counterpart.

RangerX

Banned
I'm just waiting for an episode where they don't walk through the SAME forest, and on the same goddamn road, for 4 seasons. Seriously, it's getting really annoying now. The setting fucking blows! I need the city or something else now!

I completely agree with this. They really need to completely change things up next season and move to a large urban environment or a port, just something different. I stopped reading the comics at the farm so I don't know if they do or not.

As for this episode I agree with most posters that it was turgid shite. The characters really don't act like real people sometimes. More like sentient planks of wood. I am glad Carol is out of the psychopath phase though. I was in the minority that fucking hated her character like that.

I completely agree with this. They really need to completely change things up next season and move to a large urban environment or a port, just something different. I stopped reading the comics at the farm so I don't know if they do or not.
That's probably the best thing about Fear. Different setting and aesthetic, and Season 2 looks like it'll focus on survival on the ocean

T.O.P

Banned
Worst episode of the season for me, editing, camera work, dialogues...dafuq happened

Better step it up for the finale, i will be pissed if they decide to hold back

Kard8p3

Comic spoilers
Negan is certainly more competent and powerful than the governor but more ruthless? The governor was a straight psychopath. Let's see in the comic he rapes and tortures Michonne repeatedly, cuts off Ricks hand within minutes of meeting him, attacks them with a fucking tank, shoots a pregnant woman in the stomach and decapitates Ricks number 2. Negan is an asshole and a tryrant but he's not a complete monster. He doesn't kill rick even though he probably should have, hell Carl tries to assasinate him and Negan just returns him to Alexandria. I'd say even the neutered tv governor was worse than Negan. And if anything the show seems to be bluring the lines as far as who the good/bad guys are (which the comic did not do) so tv negan may be more tame than his comic counterpart.

comic spoilers

Negan is also raping several women in the comics, no? He's force them to be with him and if they try to get back with their husband/boyfriend/whatever, will straight up burn half of his face off.

Surfinn

That's probably the best thing about Fear. Different setting and aesthetic, and Season 2 looks like it'll focus on survival on the ocean

Looking forward to the change in cinematography and setting. Very fresh. TWD oven has zero variation in both. How many times are we going to see the same forest and roads? I get the comic is like this too but I never felt like it was an issue. Maybe it's the difference in the medium.

Someone posted it earlier.

Thanks. But could she really fit that in her sleeve? Seems too big.

TimFL

So how good are the chances that they kill one of the main guys in next weeks episode? Or do you think that they'll do another goddamn cliffhanger ending without showing anything worthwhile?

Because if they don't kill one of the main cast next week I'm seriously out. The show has gone down the shitter lately where even the lame supporting cast has plot armor. Possible most recent/Ep15 spoiler:
I want Daryl dead or at the very least Glenn. Better yet kill all of the bunch they captured with 1 smooth swing of Lucille. Get it over with already.
This show is supposed to be about survival yet every encounter is lame cause you just know that plot armor knight Daryl kills the 5 saviors with a plastic spoon cause the guy choking him is distracted by the smell of Daryl's nasty as heck hair. Get that dirt blob cleaned/cut while you're in Alexandria the next time.

Bring it on, I watch Game of Thrones I don't care if they kill the whole main cast. At least it'd put the stakes a bit higher again.
Who am I kidding, Negan will be a pathetic villain cause the suits @ amc run this show.

ohNOitsRO

Yeah this season has been really really great, but this ridiculous change in tone in Carol's character is frustrating to watch.

And I say ridiculous because she has been incredibly selfish while maintaining ignorance that leaving and putting everyone in danger is a selfless act.

Surfinn

Yeah this season has been really really great, but this ridiculous change in tone in Carol's character is frustrating to watch.

And I say ridiculous because she has been incredibly selfish while maintaining ignorance that leaving and putting everyone in danger is a selfless act.

She's smart enough to know that leaving puts everyone in danger. She's smart enough to know that she'll eventually have to kill to survive again (and not more than an hour after her departure, she does exactly this and even comes prepared to do so). She's smart enough to have a REAL PLAN before leaving and not just going on some suicide mission down the main road to literally nowhere.

So why do these things happen?

masud

Banned
comic spoilers

Negan is also raping several women in the comics, no? He's force them to be with him and if they try to get back with their husband/boyfriend/whatever, will straight up burn half of his face off.

Kinda, he has multiple "wifes" that he has intmidated into being with him (at least some of them) but he is against forcable rape and will kill his own men for doing it. I know that would be a meaningless distinction in the real world but in this setting and especially when comparing him to the governor I think it's a valid one. But even without that stuff Negan never planed on wiping out all of Alexandia and was actually pissed when he had to (try) after Rick and co declared war on him. He only wanted to exploit them for his gain. The governor wanted to murder them all the moment he found out about the prison.

I don't think she thinks she's being selfless. She's running because she's breaking down mentally because of all the slaughtering she's been doing even though she's really good at it. I don't get the Carol complaints honestly.

Pryce

So how good are the chances that they kill one of the main guys in next weeks episode? Or do you think that they'll do another goddamn cliffhanger ending without showing anything worthwhile?

Because if they don't kill one of the main cast next week I'm seriously out. The show has gone down the shitter lately where even the lame supporting cast has plot armor. Possible most recent/Ep15 spoiler:
I want Daryl dead or at the very least Glenn. Better yet kill all of the bunch they captured with 1 smooth swing of Lucille. Get it over with already.
This show is supposed to be about survival yet every encounter is lame cause you just know that plot armor knight Daryl kills the 5 saviors with a plastic spoon cause the guy choking him is distracted by the smell of Daryl's nasty as heck hair. Get that dirt blob cleaned/cut while you're in Alexandria the next time.

Bring it on, I watch Game of Thrones I don't care if they kill the whole main cast. At least it'd put the stakes a bit higher again.
Who am I kidding, Negan will be a pathetic villain cause the suits @ amc run this show.

I want them to
kill off a bunch. Just off Daryl/Glenn, Morgan, Carol and someone else with Lucille. Just do it.

I don't think she thinks she's being selfless. She's running because she's breaking down mentally because of all the slaughtering she's been doing even though she's really good at it. I don't get the Carol complaints honestly.

But running isn't stopping her from having to slaughter anyone. In fact, she had to slaughter Negan's goons almost immediately after leaving Alexandria. She seems to know that she would need to kill once she left because she sewed the gun into her sleeve the night before. Her leaving didn't solve anything, it only made things worse for her and everyone else at Alexandria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom