• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genryu

Banned
They have as many rockets as the story needs :p

They have either 4 or 5?

One that was already in the launcher, and it was either 3 or 4 in the case in the truck.

Edit: Found a picture. There were three in the case and one in the launcher.

TWDS6E06_06.jpg

Depends on your choice, doesn't it?

I honestly don't even remember what I did at the end of the game. But I do remember continuing on doing side missions with him.

I just love how in TWD he is totally Trevor. I didn't notice if they mentioned his name in the show nor did I bother to IMDB it but he might as well be named "Trevor" "Negans #1 henchman". I am actually more excited to see more of him than Negan.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I honestly don't even remember what I did at the end of the game. But I do remember continuing on doing side missions with him.

I just love how in TWD he is totally Trevor. I didn't notice if they mentioned his name in the show nor did I bother to IMDB it but he might as well be named "Trevor" "Negans #1 henchman". I am actually more excited to see more of him than Negan.

I think they should totally call him Trevor, just say "fuck it" and make him exactly as heinous as he was in GTA V. Best part of the episode was his inclusion.

Javier

I don't think his name is ever mentioned. The Walking Dead Wiki refers to him as "Savior".

Undefined

I just binge watched This whole season 6 and i thought it was pretty good.
I like this show better when I wait a whole year for the whole season, did that since season 3.
I don't have anything against the finale cliffhanger either. Can't wait to see who it is next year!

wasnt there rumors that they would be saviors now ?

That would make so little sense I kinda want it to happen just for the half baked story of how he wound up in the total opposite direction of where he said he was going when he left the show.

And like I'd imagine Rick, Glenn, and Daryl would barely remember what the guy even looked like.

Decided to watch the whole show from the start since everyone was hyping up Negan. I lost interest first time around in season 3. It does get better but man, what a wholly unsatisfying finale.

I'm definitely going to lose interest again before the next season airs and all the tension of the final episode is going to be long gone.

We are moving some of the larger, offseason tv threads, including this one, over to the Community forum. When the new season starts up, we can post a new thread in the OT. Please use subscriptions to stay up to date and involved in the meantime. If you have any questions or comments, send me a PM.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Hardcore fans of The Walking Dead have gone to extreme lengths to find out show spoilers before the newest episode airs, peaking with people flying drones over the Georgia set to sneak arial photographs. In response, the show is fighting fire with fire by shooting death scenes for every one of villain Negan's possible victims.

Unnamed sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that death scenes have been filmed for Rick (Andrew Lincoln), Carl (Chandler Riggs), Michonne (Danai Gurira), Maggie (Lauren Cohan), Glenn (Steven Yeun), Eugene (Josh McDermitt), Sasha (Sonequa Martin-Green), Aaron (Ross Marquand), Rosita (Christian Serratos), Abraham (Michael Cudlitz) and Daryl (Norman Reedus).

This way, spoiler-seeking fans are thrown off the scent so if a name or footage leaks, it's not proof that the death is definitive. Of course, reports citing anonymous sources have to be taken with a grain of salt. But I wouldn't put such an elaborate scheme past a show that would rather recreate the Season 6 finale's exact shooting conditions months later than film something that might get spoiled. Better safe than sorry, I guess.

Source

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Episode 6 will introduce two new characters who don’t sound to me like anyone in particular from the comic-book series.

Naomi is a grandmotherly type who, having lost so many loved ones, is now willing to do whatever it takes not to have to bury any more.

On the flip side is Jennie, a sunny-side-up kinda teenager who sounds a lot like Beth 2.0, “kind, with a world-weary toughness.”

via Ausiello

Mega

Banned
You want them to spoil the cliffhanger that has everyone talking?

The cliffhanger never should have happened. Game of Thrones is an example of a show delivering on what the fans want and ending its season the right way. TWD should borrow a page from their book and drop the gimmicks.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The cliffhanger is a waste of time and resources. I think they need to focus their efforts an making a quality show. And this is not the way..

The cliffhanger was dumb, but it happened. Getting mad at them for actually trying to preserve the mystery until the episode airs is beyond ridiculous.

Game of Thrones is an example of a show delivering on what the fans want and ending its season the right way. TWD should borrow a page from their book and drop the gimmicks.

TWD did borrow a page from Game of Thrones. That's how we got this nonsense cliffhanger in the first place. (How quickly you forget the yearlong farce that ensued after the way season 5 of Game of Thrones ended.)

Surfinn

The cliffhanger was dumb, but it happened. Getting mad at them for actually trying to preserve the mystery until the episode airs is beyond ridiculous.

You can't be serious. Criticizing them for wasting valuable time and resources when fans will probably find out before it airs anyways is beyond ridiculous? Just because they're shooting a bunch of death scenes means nothing. There's lots of other ways people can figure it out.

It's absolutely silly. What a waste. How about spending time on making characters, events and dialogue that aren't completely horrible (for example, pretty much all of Alexandria)? Instead they're investing in protecting something that's pretty much impossible to do in the first place. People will find out eventually.

Mega

Banned

TWD did borrow a page from Game of Thrones. That's how we got this nonsense cliffhanger in the first place. (How quickly you forget the yearlong farce that ensued after the way season 5 of Game of Thrones ended.)

What in the world are you talking about? This is a TWD thread so I'm not gonna spoil anything here for anyone not caught up on GoT, but season 5 of GoT 100% did not end in a cliffhanger. Something definitive happened and we saw it fully onscreen, but that made some people unhappy and there was fan speculation about what that meant for the future of the series, period. No cliffhanger, no gimmicks. Regardless of the season 5 criticisms, that situation is nothing like what the TWD staff did with the last season finale.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
You can't be serious. Criticizing them for wasting valuable time and resources when fans will probably find out before it airs anyways is beyond ridiculous? Just because they're shooting a bunch of death scenes means nothing. There's lots of other ways people can figure it out.

It's absolutely silly. What a waste. How about spending time on making characters, events and dialogue that aren't completely horrible (for example, pretty much all of Alexandria)? Instead they're investing in protecting something that's pretty much impossible to do in the first place. People will find out eventually.

I think you're vastly overestimating the amount of time (which they have an almost unlimited amount of - why even worry about that?) and money that something like this would cost. If it's even true, which it might not be.

At any rate, attempting to cover up a secret has nothing to do with them crafting their story/character arcs for the season or whatever. That's a completely separate issue.

What in the world are you talking about? This is a TWD thread so I'm not gonna spoil anything here for anyone not caught up on GoT, but season 5 of GoT 100% did not end in a cliffhanger. Something definitive happened and we saw it fully onscreen, but that made some people unhappy and there was fan speculation about what that meant for the future of the series, period. No cliffhanger, no gimmicks. Regardless of the season 5 criticisms, that situation is nothing like what the TWD staff did with the last season finale.

It wasn't a cliffhanger, but it absolutely was a gimmick that was done for no other reason than to drum up speculation in the off season months (which is exactly what TWD did at the end of season 6).

It wasn't a cliffhanger, but it absolutely was a gimmick that was done for no other reason than to drum up speculation in the off season months (similar to what TWD did at the end of season 6).
more than off season hype it was mostly done for the hype buildup when marketing starts for next season. When the commercials start hitting about WHO GOT KILT and whatnot. Going to drum up huge premier viewership in a 7th season.

Kickz

Caught part of season 2 playing on AMC this weekend, and man do I miss watching this.. Having serious withdrawals now that Game of THrones is done..

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
So how long can this series go on for realistically? Is there still a lot of comics left to cover?
I think it would be best if they ended after the Negan arc. They can probably can get two more seasons out of it, but it really depends on their pacing. The show can make it longer or shorter. I have only finished Compendium 3, but I belive they are still on the current arc that, that book ends with.

-MD-

So how long can this series go on for realistically? Is there still a lot of comics left to cover?

I think it would be best if they ended after the Negan arc. They can probably can get two more seasons out of it, but it really depends on their pacing. The show can make it longer or shorter. I have only finished Compendium 3, but I belive they are still on the current arc that, that book ends with.

Pretty sure they said they're already planning for like 12+ seasons.

g0tm1lk

If the show goes as the comic (and it does) is gonna get boring soon rather later because it's always the same:
new place, meet bad guy, survive, → meet new bad guy, survive, hit the road → repeat.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Realistically, extremely popular shows with open ended narratives can go for 20 seasons (on broadcast tv. The longest running cable drama was like 10 seasons). How long The Walking Dead will last is anyone's guess. If Andrew Lincoln decided to bow out then it could end right then and there, or they could shift the focus to a different character and keep going until it becomes financially unfeasible to continue.

The show is currently at the tail end of Volume 17 of the comic, and this upcoming season will probably cover Volumes 18 and 19, and maybe a little of 20 as well.

(the comic just started Vol 27, to give you a picture of where the show is in comparison. The comic could easily run for another 10+ years, but the show will eventually have to come to an end, so it's never going to fully catch up. When the show ends it'll most likely have to do its own thing since the comic will still be going strong.)

If the show goes as the comic (and it does) is gonna get boring soon rather later because it's always the same:
new place, meet bad guy, survive, → meet new bad guy, survive, hit the road → repeat.

That cycle stopped with Alexandria though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom