• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surfinn

We're doing exactly what AMC wants with all this speculation. Bah

The worst part is there's almost no reason to speculate as they've made it clear (through interviews and from direct evidence with the show itself) that this sort of speculation is meaningless, as there's no way to tell who it was from the way it was shot or even from specific conversations (i.e. Abraham/Eugene). It's like they spin the wheel with nearly all of their decisions.

“The Walking Dead’s” sixth season is officially the top-rated show on TV in the advertiser coveted adults 18-49 demographic in live-plus-three ratings for the fourth straight year in a row.

The show had an average live-plus-three viewership across the season’s 16 episodes of 18 million total viewers, 11.5 million adults 18-49 demo alone.

“The Walking Dead” closed its sixth season Sunday with a 90-minute finale that delivered 18.4 million viewers and 11.5 million in the key demo in Nielsen live-plus-three ratings.

The data puts “The Walking Dead” head and shoulders above other top broadcasts, including the NFL’s “Sunday Night Football,” Fox’s “Empire,” and CBS’ “The Big Bang Theory.”

On the day of the season six finale, “The Walking Dead” ranked as the most talked about television show on all three platforms and generated nearly 3 million social engagements on Sunday night.

Across the entire season, “The Walking Dead” social content garnered more than 47 million total social engagements during primetime with Twitter and Instagram social engagements seeing double-digit gains of 35 percent and 55 percent over the previous year.

http://www.thewrap.com/walking-dead-officially-top-rated-show-on-tv-for-fourth-straight-year/

The worst part is there's almost no reason to speculate as they've made it clear (through interviews and from direct evidence with the show itself) that this sort of speculation is meaningless, as there's no way to tell who it was from the way it was shot or even from specific conversations (i.e. Abraham/Eugene). It's like they spin the wheel with nearly all of their decisions.
fuck them for that. we should know already who it is and be talking about missing that person. not speculating who the fuck it is.

Abe Comic Spoilers
I will say that Abe getting it would be much more suiting than his cheap comic death, which was a cheap cop out for such a strong character

Mediking

So how is the next season gonna start off and still have that same tension and adrenaline from the season finale?

And like I said.... karma is a huge theme in the show. Whoever Negan killed... will be avenged.

Negan is the doomed one. Won't be long before he gets killed and replaced by some other horrible force, I think.

I prolly would stop watching if Maggie was killed. If the writers really pull that move even though she's pregnant.... I'm outta here.

The two most talked about candidates [Glenn and Daryl] - their hair was clearly a mess in front of their eyes. Since its a POV from the victim, wouldn't we had seen that if it was one of them?

Maggie's actress is turning up in a few other things, what if they fake us out by killing her and not Glenn?

Personally think its Abraham. He was the only one posturing at Negan, everyone else was injured/crying/bent over/Carl. The actor talked about not wanting to go out like his comic counterpart and this is a way to avoid that and leave around the same time.

Sets up Rosita and Sasha reactions nicely too. More main group but not main cast characters to use up.

The two most talked about candidates [Glenn and Daryl] - their hair was clearly a mess in front of their eyes. Since its a POV from the victim, wouldn't we had seen that if it was one of them?

From the POV of the victim you probably also wouldn't see a Goldeneye blood death animation either.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Ok now I'm starting to think its Abe again and the Eugene theory does make sense reading the last few pages more.

seriously?

SPOIL
In the comics, Abraham got the death that was given to Denise on the show. So, if Abraham were to die I feel like it would've been then. I don't see why they'd replace his comic book death with the more iconic one and put him in that bucket. That's kinda strange.

Finally caught up and watched the finale. Cliffhanger yeah, but I don't even care that last scene was so tense. Great casting and acting all around there. I like to think they know exactly who they killed off but we'll have to wait. Sucks but I'll give them the benefit out the doubt and say they know.

rick - carl and maggie are 100% safe

sasha should also be unlikely - if negans picks her, abe would rampage and not keep quiet.
He was probably the only that wasn't scared of negan - seeing how negan kills the most important person in his life right now.....nah man, berserking abe. it would mean his death

Aaron and Rosita are too small of a character imo for such a huge death scene

So i think its one of these remaining 5

Daryl - Glenn - Michonne - Eugene - Abraham

I would honestly love for it to be Maggie. A pregnant woman getting bludgeoned to death with all the gory details that comes with it would really show how much of a villain Negan is, in addition to being just plain ballsy after a super safe few seasons.

Too bad it's not in character for Negan if they're going to stick with his comic personality, and based on the nearly 1:1 dialogue, I'm sure they will.

anaron

Maggie would feel like a retread of the Red Wedding and brutalizing another female death out of the countless that have occurred this television season doesn't seem very smart

oh wait of course they'll do it.

The moment would be bigger and more shocking if it's Maggie over Glenn, but I feel like the story that follows would have far less possibilities.

Glenn isn't really doing much right now other than caring about Maggie, and being a parental-ish figure to Enid. So if she dies it's mostly him being mopey and acting rashly, but Maggie being the survivor of the two would mean her dealing with his death, her pregnancy (or the loss of it, if things went bad already), an annoying teenage girl, and still being the leader that Deanna wanted her to be.

it can't be maggie

the one that negan killed, resisted his first strike with lucille and didn't fall over immediatly

Maggie in her state would immediately pass out/lie on the ground after the first strike

tumblr_o54sv7KRQu1uutgwwo1_500.gif

Comic Spoilers regarding possible things we may see in S7. Cliffhanger or not... I'm a sucker and I'm hyped

More Jesus next season. YES. Since he's in a gay relationship in the comic, I wonder if that'll be the case in the show too.

JDM promoted to main cast. YES

Hardcore Carl returns. YES

We're almost certainly going to see the Sanctuary!!

And the Kingdom, what about Shiva?!

Alpende

i dont even think comic spoilers matter anymore since amc does whatever they want with the show

Yeah, until they do follow the comic. Even if I hadn't read the comics I wouldn't want to get spoiled with comic info. Stuff might still happen and some people want everything to be a surprise.

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment

Lol omg I'm so sorry but this really made me laugh out loud. You're giving this show way too much credit my friend.

dustyherb

i dont even think comic spoilers matter anymore since amc does whatever they want with the show
Definitely not true Gimple has been following the comics pretty close the last three seasons. A lot of the characters get switched around like Michonne taking comic
Andrea's
storyline. But the overall story path has been pretty much the same, and it's looking like its going to keep following the comics at least for the next couple seasons.

Definitely not true Gimple has been following the comics pretty close the last three seasons. A lot of the characters get switched around like Michonne taking comic
Andrea's
storyline. But the overall story path has been pretty much the same, and it's looking like its going to keep following the comics at least for the next couple seasons.

More comic talk

I think Andrea's arc is actually split into both Michonne, and Sasha. Michonne is Rick's bounce back love interest, but Sasha is a sharp shooter, which I think Andrea also is in the comics yeah?

xaosslug

Maggie's actress is turning up in a few other things, what if they fake us out by killing her and not Glenn?

Personally think its Abraham. He was the only one posturing at Negan, everyone else was injured/crying/bent over/Carl. The actor talked about not wanting to go out like his comic counterpart and this is a way to avoid that and leave around the same time.

Sets up Rosita and Sasha reactions nicely too. More main group but not main cast characters to use up.

i still think it's Eugene, because he's had a bunch of character growth + it would be too cruel to do that to Sasha, again. I mean she JUST got her sanity back... and now she's 'alone' (from her perspective) again? SMH

Damn, I so can't wait for this moment.

[Comic Spoilers Issue 102]
I really hope you're right man. show speculation based on what you said,
the season premier definitely needs to end on a somewhat hopeful not similar to what rick said when they were trapped in the terminus thing.

I heard a bunch of workmates male and female talking about the season finale and man they could not have been more hyped about it lol. They were going nuts over the sound effects and speculating who is dead.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Can yall take these free flowing comic spoilers some where else wtf
Sucks. Even people in the GoT thread are unabashedly discussing source. Gaf is a minefield recently. Unfortunate but I think no more tv threads for me.

dustyherb

More comic talk

I think Andrea's arc is actually split into both Michonne, and Sasha. Michonne is Rick's bounce back love interest, but Sasha is a sharp shooter, which I think Andrea also is in the comics yeah?
Comic spoilers
Yep that's correct, we shall see if that continues because Andrea had a big comic moment as the sniper in Alexandria's watchtower. I'll be interested to see if they give it to Sasha, skip it, or however they change it.

Comic spoilers
Yep that's correct, we shall see if that continues because Andrea had a big comic moment as the sniper in Alexandria's watchtower. I'll be interested to see if they give it to Sasha, skip it, or however they change it.
there was one episode where sasha was just sniping zombies, wasn't there? the episode after everybody ate chris, and when rick starts fighting pete?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom