• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 7, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

GavinUK86

Eugene is the best.
pQ4VPKy.gif

giphy.gif

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Yea the Hilltop does seem mighty empty.

They do have JeeeSUS tho. Maybe thats all they need from Hilltop.

ElyrionX

Doesn't Darryl escaping mean that we are going to see Negan roll up into Alexandria again and start killing people until they give him up?

So are we to conclude that Rick walked all those weapons and stuff in and handed them over? They never showed them, so I assume Rick buried them somewhere before returning home.

GavinUK86

Doesn't Darryl escaping mean that we are going to see Negan roll up into Alexandria again and start killing people until they give him up?

No way. Him escaping AND killing a Saviour means war. No more second chances.

So are we to conclude that Rick walked all those weapons and stuff in and handed them over? They never showed them, so I assume Rick buried them somewhere before returning home.

You mean the weapons from the boat? It showed them handing them over.

Sadist

Slower season finale but enjoyable.

- Yaaaasss Rick and Daryl brohug. Feels.
- Rick getting his pistol back felt like a return of the Ricktatorship.
- Negan is a treasure. Him just killing off Spencer felt good. His reasoning is flawless though. Negan doesn't care for dicks.
- Eugene :(

Wonder if we'll see "that" this season. Would be neat.

We know that Negan won't die at the end of the season, but how will he get nerfed to be more vulnerable?
The answer to this was in this episode :)

Tonky

Just thought of a way Rick & Co. could sneak into Negan's compound unnoticed. All they would need to do is cover themselves in walker guts and they could get past the first line of defense. Negan's men are dumb chimps with machine guns so the next layers could easily be breached.

Slower season finale but enjoyable.

- Yaaaasss Rick and Daryl brohug. Feels.
- Rick getting his pistol back felt like a return of the Ricktatorship.
- Negan is a treasure. Him just killing off Spencer felt good. His reasoning is flawless though. Negan doesn't care for dicks.
- Eugene :(

Wonder if we'll see "that" this season. Would be neat.

The answer to this was in this episode :)

Okay, now I'm gonna have to watch the episode again.....

cLOUDo

yah, notice how you had to put quotations around "innocent"

coz them fuckers aren't innocent.

If you support evil, you are evil. So you are evil, Cloudo

is in quotations because you dont know who they really are, Maybe there was a doctor among them and some hostage
and Rick and Co. they are evil too

Embrace the evil dude
Drink it in man...

BTW they just aired the episode to latin america and they include a teaser from the next part of the season, looks good

Savitar

Are the weapons tampered with? The note said they already lost right?

There were no bullets.

Probably why boat guy died, got bite by a zombie eventually.

Thought for sure earlier after the one guy fell into the water and went under was bitten for sure, he gave that whole speech about doing what they do for others to live after, plus he looked kinda white/sorta under the weather before he got the shit kicked out of him.

Jobbs

Banned
I saw the one dude's death coming a mile away, but I was a little nervous for Rosita for a second. If they kill her I'll never watch again

Alright so they are either making Carol so unlikable now in order to kill her off via some ultimate sacrifice or Daryl is gonna die and sent her into terminator mode.

Jobbs

Banned
The writing on this show is sooo transparent and lazy though.

Like the writers are in the room you can imagine them being like.. "Okay, does Rosita need more motivation to take the shot after the preacher talked her down? Okay, let's have a quick scene where she gets a date with the guy and they profess their liking of eachother" durrrr

Rick and Aaron were dumb for putting that note in. Seriously what did they expect.

I enjoyed every Negan scene. It was a really tense back and forth with Spencer dude. I knew he was gonna get got but didn't expect it so brutally and right there lol. Negan is way too fucking smart for chumps trying to politick.

Rosita misses her shot. Screw that. Poor Eugene :( He was one of my favorites.

Carol is so fucking idiotic. She is worse than Andrea was at the middle of Season 3 shagging Governor. Fucking hell. Just kill her already goddamn. I hope we never get to see her ever again.

Those last 5 minutes with those feels. Daryl and Rick brohug made me teary eyed. Rick getting his trusty revolver back means Ricktatorship is ready to rise.

Chumley

Banned
Rick and Aaron were dumb for putting that note in. Seriously what did they expect.

I enjoyed every Negan scene. It was a really tense back and forth with Spencer dude. I knew he was gonna get got but didn't expect it so brutally and right there lol. Negan is way too fucking smart for chumps trying to politick.

Rosita misses her shot. Screw that. Poor Eugene :( He was one of my favorites.

Carol is so fucking idiotic. She is worse than Andrea was at the middle of Season 3 shagging Governor. Fucking hell. Just kill her already goddamn. I hope we never get to see her ever again.

Those last 5 minutes with those feels. Daryl and Rick brohug made me teary eyed. Rick getting his trusty revolver back means Ricktatorship is ready to rise.

Yeah Carol has to die. Similar with Glenn, they've totally run out of runway with that character. There's nowhere left to go.

Alright so they are either making Carol so unlikable now in order to kill her off via some ultimate sacrifice or Daryl is gonna die and sent her into terminator mode.

Daryl, Coral, and Rick have ultimate plot armor. They'll sooner kill off basically anyone else.

jwk94

Did anyone else catch that Fat Joe (the guy who Darryl killed) was leading a herd of Walkers away from the camp before he died?

I don't find her unlikable at all. She has ascended above these mere humans and their issues.

Also when shit REALLY pops off she always comes hard.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah Carol has to die. Similar with Glenn, they've totally run out of runway with that character. There's nowhere left to go.

Nah, Carol is gonna become Assassin's Creed 2.0 again and straight up murder the entire Savior base. There was an article I read ealier about Fat Mike being the person in charge of leading zombies away from the Saviors group. So with him dead at Daryl's hands, it means Carol would
be able to march in among the zombies Michonne style and kill that entire group

is in quotations because you dont know who they really are, Maybe there was a doctor among them and some hostage
and Rick and Co. they are evil too

Embrace the evil dude
Drink it in man...

BTW they just aired the episode to latin america and they include a teaser from the next part of the season, looks good

rick isn't evil. negan is. and if you support evil, you are evil. the saviors are evil.

Revolver

I'm tired of pacifist Carol and am ready for her to go all Unforgiven and wreck some Saviors. I just don't know what it's going to take to get her to finally go off but hopefully it'll be worth it.

Glad I don't have to see stupid Spencer anymore. I didn't think Rosita would die but I was worried she'd get the iron and I really didn't want to see that. Figured her plan would get someone killed.

Nice to see the band back together at the end. The endless nodding scene was over the top and cheesy though. Still gave a little hope things are going to pick up after the depressing slog it's been. Curious to find out what's the deal with the booted lurker.

EulaCapra

I don't know why people are so against Carol having several character arcs ebbing from Commando Carol to a Carol that's letting it sink in about all the blood she has on her hands. Pacifist Morgan and his stupid Stick of Truth annoys the shit out of me, but I at least see the PTSD buildup finally getting to Carol. Not everyone in the group should be so blase about killing like Rick and Michonne.

Also, Carl actor didn't do terrible acting in this episode! Yay!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Let Carol chill.

"Carol...had a hard life. She needs some time to rest."

Dalek

Great episode-one of the best of the season.

And yes-Hilltop looks very small considering:

Comic:
the most recent issue with the mayhem and carnage at Hilltop that seems on a massive scale.

People complaining about Carol need to chill. She's clearly biding her time to recover from the trauma of being a one woman army. She'll eventually snap out of her doldrums and go back to being the ultimate killing machine. And that will be glorious!

Not sure if intentional but I thought it was a really nice subtle call back to the first episode where Negan said he wouldn't have messed with someone who had a beard like that to then see Negan remove his beard and have Rick beginning to grow his back as he decides enough is enough.

Chumley

Banned
Not sure if intentional but I thought it was a really nice subtle call back to the first episode where Negan said he wouldn't have messed with someone who had a beard like that to then see Negan remove his beard and have Rick beginning to grow his back as he decides enough is enough.

Rick's power level has always been directly tied to his beard. He was such a god damn badass in Season 5. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKphdQO36gk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom