• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 7, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzanadra

Game of Thrones squandering its potential? How?

I feel like for a show based on such a great series of books, with an amazing cast and great set design, great special effects etc. - the writing is incredibly weak post-season 1, resulting in the nullification of GRRMs themes (war and violence are strangely glorified on the show as opposed to their horrific depictions in the books), plot contrivances, one-liners meant to be seen as "badass" or "quipy", misplaced pathos and stories that frankly don't seem to adhere to any logical sense (like S6 Arya).

A lot of people hate on Tyresse's death but I found it to be really sad as well. Him seeing all those people before he died. Rick, Michonne, Glenn, and Noah trying to get him back in time before he bleeds out. Then he just decides to give in and die :(

I loved that episode. Probably the death that got me the most. Also, (S7 episode 1 spoilers)
From what I have read of the first episode, it appears to be aiming for the same style as Tyrese's death episode with hallucinations and a psychedelic visual experience reflecting Rick's harrowing state as Negan attempts to break him.

Korigama

While WD has a habit of killing its black characters, I'm fairly sure it won't be Michonne. She's too popular.

If I was a betting man, I'd go with Maggie. Gives the much needed impact with minimal loss to the group/show.
Having it be Maggie would be an exceptionally bold decision, to the point that I rather doubt that they would actually go through with it. It would provide the necessary impact without being costly from a ratings or commercial standpoint in the same manner that choices like Michonne or Daryl would be, yet I still don't picture them being willing to deal with the inevitable outcry resulting from such a choice.

Oh the agony of having to wait to see the episode until I get off of work and putting myself on Social Media blackout until I get home.

Should be interesting. I know it won't be the case but I miss seeing plenty of zombie action that the earlier seasons had. Every episode now is just a brief appearance of zombies killed in obscure ways for humour.

The thought of seeing one of the main characters that's been around since season 2 get beaten to death until there's no head left but brain spaghetti.
Ym7rj0W.gif

Maggie please don't die.

I'm thinking it will be glenn and maggie as well. Glenn gets the bat, Maggie gets shot after trying to stop negan. Perhaps she survives and has to lay, bleeding, watching glenns skull get caved in, as she's powerless to do anything about it.

dustyherb

The thought of seeing one of the main characters that's been around since season 2 get beaten to death until there's no head left but brain spaghetti.
I'm not going to be to handle this shit. Gonna need a lot of booze and green to numb myself beforehand lol.

I'm thinking it will be glenn and maggie as well. Glenn gets the bat, Maggie gets shot after trying to stop negan. Perhaps she survives and has to lay, bleeding, watching glenns skull get caved in, as she's powerless to do anything about it.
Fuck that would be horrible to see.

Alpende

Looking forward to who gets the bat, hopefully they have some balls and pick a popular character.

Hopefully they didn't stop with the surprise stealthy zombie attacks, those were fun.

I'm leaning towards Maggie as being the one to face Lucille and I think that's the one that would carry the biggest impact as well, outwith Rick or Carl.

Being in the UK im going to need to avoid the internet all day tomorrow, going to be tough to try and not get this spoiled!

strafer

The One and Done™;221167332 said:
Your in luck because I don't think the writers have the balls to make such a bold choice.

Wouldn't be much of balls if they killed Maggie to be honest. She's just the love interest for Glenn.

Now balls would be Rick or Daryl. Let's see the ratings recover after that.

And if its true they recorded 11 death scenes for the characters I hope they include those on the DVD so I can make my own season premiere and kill who I want.

Korigama

Wouldn't be much of balls if they killed Maggie to be honest. She's just the love interest for Glenn.
It's more the matter of the balls to go through with having the villain bludgeon a pregnant woman to death with a baseball bat in graphic detail. The impact stemming from the shock value of such a decision, rather than anything concerning popularity of the character.

There's zero chance of it being Rick.

Elandyll

Banned
How mad will people be if the new seson opens with a flashback (on Negan or another character), to finish with lucille's strike without revealing who got it?

jond76

Banned
Andrew Lincoln did such an amazing job at acting the "I'm so hopelessly fucked" moment that it made me feel it.

I also feel nervous about tuning in knowing someone is gonna die. Dread would be the word. Well done Walking Dead.

dyergram

How mad will people be if the new seson opens with a flashback (on Negan or another character), to finish with lucille's strike without revealing who got it?
I wouldn't be that shocked to be honest. WD is the master of ending on cliff hangers then following with shitty story-line you don't care about lol.

woolley

I have a feeling it has to be Daryl but then I second guess myself because I don't think they have the balls to do it.

Hopefully we can get through this season without people feeling the need to constantly spoil things that are coming up.

Darksol

I mean, if you've read the comics, you know who it is. Then again, the show has changed many plot points, so I guess they could go with anyone.

pitchfork

Whelp!

24 hr internet blackout for me in the UK from this evening until it airs on FOX int'l - #Hellodarknessmyoldfriend

I'm going for Maggie getting battered off of the back of the rumor that
there is more than one death and her being pregnant

RPGCrazied

It's going to be Daryl. All signs point to him. The actor that plays Rick says to have someone close by when you watch it, and it will be hard. Not to mention the fact Norman has been doing other things like a video game, a tv show and a movie. The guy has moved on.

Kal_El

I have Beer in the freezer and i'm picking up Popeyes tonight.

Does anyone else with a DVR let the show get 30 minutes or so into recording so that you can fast forward through commercials or do you watch it live?

Betty

Banned
It's going to be Daryl. All signs point to him. The actor that plays Rick says to have someone close by when you watch it, and it will be hard. Not to mention the fact Norman has been doing other things like a video game, a tv show and a movie. The guy has moved on.

I predicted Daryl or Glen myself, either will be hard to watch go out that way.

strafer

So im rewatching the last scene from season 6 and my god does Jeffrey kill it...even watching him im legit scared.

Dude is scary

Havik

I think its Abe, the way they handled his storyline the last season feels like the character is coming to an end.

DrStiles

Yesss it's finally here. Still pissed about that cliff hanger but excited to finally to get back to it and see Negan in all his glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom