• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 7, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no way they don't kill Glenn after the dumpster shit. Someone like Aaron is too unimportant to kill off after such a big cliffhanger. And I think Abe could be toast too. There's no way Daryl dies.

bill0527

A big man killing a pregnant woman in such a brutal way will inspire so much backlash on the show, I can't see it happening.

Yeah that's why I don't see it happening.

But like I said, if the show had balls and the most maximum gut wrenching visceral effect you could do in that scenario, Negan would beat Maggie's brains out while Glen watched and then when Negan figures out how important she was to Glen, Negan then realizes he has to kill Glen as well. Glen would never be broken into cooperating with him since he just beat his pregnant wife to death and Glen's only purpose left in life would be to find a way to kill him. So he gets it next.

Only other brutal scenario for maximum effect would be to kill Carl in front of Rick, but I'm pretty sure Rick, Daryl, and Carl all have plot armor so that isn't likely to happen.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
so in the comics..how long is the Negan arc?

No actual event spoilers, just comic numbering and arc names.

This big moment occurred in Issue 100 of the comic. The arc that revolves around Negan specifically as a threat goes up until 127. There's literally years worth of material with how the show adapts things.

The meat of that is the All Out War arc. They could stretch that out or speed it up. This show has never done action heavy sections for a prolonged period of time. I think last season might have had the most sustained levels of action to start.

Buckle up, buckaroos.

hokahey

Comic spoilers

Not sure why the other answers make it sound like the arc ever really ever ends. I mean, there is a definite lull in his involvement in the story at some point, but he's playing a major part in the comics that are being released to this day.

Betty

Banned
Yeah that's why I don't see it happening.

But like I said, if the show had balls and the most maximum gut wrenching visceral effect you could do in that scenario, Negan would beat Maggie's brains out while Glen watched and then when Negan figures out how important she was to Glen, Negan then realizes he has to kill Glen as well. Glen would never be broken into cooperating with him since he just beat his pregnant wife to death and Glen's only purpose left in life would be to find a way to kill him. So he gets it next.

Only other brutal scenario for maximum effect would be to kill Carl in front of Rick, but I'm pretty sure Rick, Daryl, and Carl all have plot armor so that isn't likely to happen.

Can't deny it would be shocking and memorable, I think Carl is safe as houses because Negan said if anyone moved he'd pluck out the boy's eyes and feed him to his father, doesn't really make sense if it was Carl getting beaten if Negan threatened that.

Merovin

I'm leaning towards Maggie as being the one to face Lucille and I think that's the one that would carry the biggest impact as well, outwith Rick or Carl.

Being in the UK im going to need to avoid the internet all day tomorrow, going to be tough to try and not get this spoiled!

I feel your pain, tomorrow is going to be a long day without being able to safely view social media!

Alpende

A big man killing a pregnant woman in such a brutal way will inspire so much backlash on the show, I can't see it happening.

In the Red Wedding episode of GoT,
iirc Robb's wife was also pregnant and got stabbed in her belly. I can't really remember but did that cause a lot of backlash?

Betty

Banned
In the Red Wedding episode of GoT, iirc Robb's wife was also pregnant and got stabbed in her belly. I can't really remember but did that cause a lot of backlash?

Not a lot but it's game of thrones.

Try having a topless scene in Walking Dead and there'd be outcries from the community, never mind rape scenes.

bill0527

In the Red Wedding episode of GoT, iirc Robb's wife was also pregnant and got stabbed in her belly. I can't really remember but did that cause a lot of backlash?

Not that I recall. But we also didn't really have the emotional attachment to Rob Stark's wife that we have to Maggie and Glenn.

GoT spoilers
Spoil tag this. No need to spoil one show in a totally unrelated thread

Bandit1

I kinda think Abraham will get the bat. When Negan is walking up and down the line Abraham looks pretty defiant and ticked off. Then when Negan makes that first hit he said "Took it like a champ." Out of everyone in line, realistically Abraham is the biggest and strongest, most likely to take a bat to the head without falling over. At the same time, he might not be an important enough character, so maybe it would be Glenn or Daryl, don't think they'd do Maggie though.

Comic spoilers:
Negan gon chop off Rick's hand.

I kinda think Abraham will get the bat. When Negan is walking up and down the line Abraham looks pretty defiant and ticked off. Then when Negan makes that first hit he said "Took it like a champ." Out of everyone in line, realistically Abraham is the biggest and strongest, most likely to take a bat to the head without falling over. At the same time, he might not be an important enough character, so maybe it would be Glenn or Daryl, don't think they'd do Maggie though.

Comic spoilers:
Negan gon chop off Rick's hand.

But this is precisely why it cant be abraham. He took it like a champ. Nobody would be surprised at abraham taking it like a champ.

About 20 issues-ish for this part?

My thought is that: Abe gets it. Probably while saying some glorious Abe-ism, or telling Maggie to take care of her pancakes. Negan beats on him while trying to think of some breakfast-based quip.

(I don't know how to do the different colored text, but comic spoilers)
I'm fairly confident the first half will build to the meeting of Ezekiel and Rick where they find out that Dwight's basically a double agent. 7B's end scene will be all the Kingdom, Hilltop, and Survivors in front of the gate while Rick fires a gun in the air, and everyone will be back on the Hype Train for Season 8.

Was a bit pissed about the ending of Season 6, but I'm ready for this season. ESPECIALLY after the boring drag that was Fear The Walking Dead.

As for Daryl, I think he's safe...again...this season. IF he is going to die, he's probably going to be (more comic spoilers)
take Ezekiel's death on the wall of heads made by The Whisperers. Zeke won't have enough time in the show to be as beloved as he is in the comics. Also, tragedy, shock value, etc.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
It has to be someone meaningful, but probably not Maggie, Michonne, Carl, or Daryl. I'm going with Abraham.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I swear to god if it's Glenn than what they pulled last season with the dumpster is so disgraceful and someone should be fired for that. I wish this show was on a major cable network like Starz, Showtime, Cinemax or HBO, not because of violence or swearing or sex, but because AMC is just this show to sell ads and driving people week after week. If the show was genuinely good it wouldn't have to survive using cheap tactics. My major problem is that the show could be so good, but they just squander it and it is a crime against artistic integrity.

KillGore

Daryl or Glenn is getting that bat

This.

IT has to be someone important. This is one of the most shocking scenes in the comic book (IMO). I will be extremely disappointed if they end up killing a minor character like Rosita. So much build up for that? fuck that

Glenn and Darryl are not as important as Rick or Carl but they're important enough. Michonne would be the other one but I don't think so. Would be cool too though.

Glenn having Maggie there makes it even better. Darryl is an original character, so they can kill him without much problem.

Michonne would be interessting because the result would be rik loses another one he loves. Abe would not interesst me so much... daryl would also be a bold move

Roussow

don't want to know -- not even in spoiler tags, but I'm curious, did the results of the cliffhanger end up leaking? simple yes or know, if it would have leaked like 2 or 3 months ago I would've read up on it, although at this point I'll just watch the episode.

jrush64

Banned
I don't even watch the Walking Dead but I can't wait to find out who goes. I'm guessing it's either Daryl or Glenn.

Greecian-

don't want to know -- not even in spoiler tags, but I'm curious, did the results of the cliffhanger end up leaking? simple yes or know, if it would have leaked like 2 or 3 months ago I would've read up on it, although at this point I'll just watch the episode.

Yes

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
There's no way they don't kill Glenn after the dumpster shit. Someone like Aaron is too unimportant to kill off after such a big cliffhanger. And I think Abe could be toast too. There's no way Daryl dies.

if it's glenn, why not do it at the series finale instead of that cliffhanger bs?

Lashley

Comic spoilers

Not sure why the other answers make it sound like the arc ever really ever ends. I mean, there is a definite lull in his involvement in the story at some point, but he's playing a major part in the comics that are being released to this day.

Yes he is, but atm he
is no longer a leader
. That's why I referenced all out war.

Say goodbye to TWD, then.

More than happy to. The comic suits me fine.

Lashley

Okay, just read the spoiler.

If it's true,
that's kinda cool.
*potential show spoiler, do not click*

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
So I'm re-watching Season 6, and I think they should have cut out the Morgan episode, made Episode 9 of Season 6, Episode 8. And had the last episode of Season 6, the season priemere of episode 7.

So:

-cut out S6E4 (Morgan episode)
-make S6E9 -> S6E8
-make S7E1 -> S6E16

That way they make an actual full season, there's less bad cliff hangers and more good ones. It finishes arcs and does not cut scenes in the middle at the end of the episode (S6E8, S6E16).

lost a lot of interest coz of that stupid ending from last season, and last season as a whole.

still gonna be around to check the episodes out, but won't be so close about on sunday nights as i used to be.

One thing that really interests me is I wonder what swear words AMC deem to be acceptable. I know their limit is fairly low (due to adverts sold and whatnot), but I want to see Negan push up against it a bit.

Maybe 1% of this makes it in....

mGcqelE.png

dustyherb

One thing that really interests me is I wonder what swear words AMC deem to be acceptable. I know their limit is fairly low (due to adverts sold and whatnot), but I want to see Negan push up against it a bit.

mGcqelE.png
lol fucking love Negan. But ya it will be interesting to see how far they go will his language. If anything at least we will have his uncensored language on the DVD/blu-ray.

SamuraiX-

mGcqelE.png

The producers are going full ham in the Blu-ray editions.

I gotta say, I much preferred JDM's TV performance vs the uncensored version... but his delivery of this line is pretty glorious:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LayXXuRb5MU&t=4m24s

But overall, the added "fucks" just made the scene more comical to me compared to the overburdening layer of tension that I felt when watching the initial TV performance.

I gotta say, I much preferred JDM's TV performance vs the uncensored version... but his delivery of this line is pretty glorious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LayXXuRb5MU&t=4m24s

But overall, the added "fucks" just made the scene more comical to me compared to the overburdening layer of tension that I felt when watching the initial TV performance.
I have to agree. The censored take actually was scary and tense, while the fucks just dulled that becaus no one talks like that in reality. It works on the page, doesn't work on screen

dustyherb

Ya I think the tv one works better for what the episode was trying to do. But JDM still is awesome in both versions. It's nice that they are even going the extra mile and doing uncensored Negan for the blu-ray.

jeffram

So what are the bets on how long the opening flashback is going to be before they go back to the cliffhanger scene?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom