• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“The GAF Collection” – Weekend Photoshop Thread

Pringo

Banned
Fuu said:
I wish I could make high-res versions of mine but it's just that the assets I've used aren't available in a resolution high enough for such. :/ I think that's the case for many people who posted here and not a lack of interest.
Point taken. I was actually interested in making high-res versions of my original covers until I realized all my source material was way too small to be usable.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
KilgoreTrout said:
Is the TWEWY hamburger one not vector?
It's a random jpg I got from google searching, the original is just slightly bigger. I could probably make it larger with some editing over the artifacts but those 3 "item themed" ones weren't anything special, I just really liked the idea and made them. I'll make sure to look into some high-res art for any new one I make, it is nice to have both versions available.

Awesome work to everyone, rock on. And congrats to you, KilgoreTrout, aside from providing most of the high-res ones as Pringo said, your covers are sweet.

smoothj

tried to go for the megaman X level 1 feel with the background..
megacover.jpg

thoughts?

Fritz

2mn56px.jpg

so yeah, gave it a shot. I had major problems with the template as I dont use photoshop. Moreover I couldnt find the backdrop in a proper resolution.
Anyway, you get the point

impirius

Here are a couple of concepts, but they'd need better source images. LSL could use a wooden door with a brass handle (and the correct date)...

tgc-lsl.jpg

tgc-mass-effect.jpg

larvi

dark_chris said:
I havent used photoshop in a long while, so heres my first attempt.
The photo I used was somethin I took myself.

Nice photo. Is there actually a game called Railfan? I've never heard of it and I love the Railroad Tycoon series.

dark_chris

larvi said:
Nice photo. Is there actually a game called Railfan? I've never heard of it and I love the Railroad Tycoon series.

Yes. Its for PS3. Its an import game.
You drive around the CTA Brown Line train.

larvi

dark_chris said:
Yes. Its for PS3. Its an import game.
You drive around the CTA Brown Line train.

So it plays similar to Microsoft's Train Sim then? Strange that it's based on Chicago trains but not released in the US.

So I went down to UPS Store today to get all the hi res covers printed out, but their printer sucked so I scrapped that. In the process of their shitty printing job, I found out the box with the date and the box with "THE GAF COLLECTION" on all my boxes weren't aligned. So I had to re-edit them all (Sorry, Pringo).

Anyways, I'm going to FedEx tomorrow to print them out, and we will see them in full action.

Pringo

Banned
KilgoreTrout said:
So I went down to UPS Store today to get all the hi res covers printed out, but their printer sucked so I scrapped that. In the process of their shitty printing job, I found out the box with the date and the box with "THE GAF COLLECTION" on all my boxes weren't aligned. So I had to re-edit them all (Sorry, Pringo).

Anyways, I'm going to FedEx tomorrow to print them out, and we will see them in full action.
Okay, I've changed all the links. The OP should be good to go now.

nightez

Banned
This thread is full of awesome. Truly inspiring. Alot of game companies should be hiring you guys instead of the crap they put out now.

Pringo

Banned
HUELEN10 said:
The left my friend, the one on the left.

BTW, how often does the GAF Collection, Collected update?
It updates as often as somnific feels like updating it. I doubt he has a set schedule for updating that page.

somnific

Pringo said:
It updates as often as somnific feels like updating it. I doubt he has a set schedule for updating that page.

okay, i updated it after a few pm's and emails! sorry, i've been busy doing other things (l4d, anyone?), but the new entries all look fantastic guys. all the images are uploading as i type this, and i'll be going over the posts to add proper names under the credits.

The GAF Collection, Collected

as for hirez versions, i haven't done any since i haven't seen any requests for for any. i'd gladly do it (if i have the proper assets) if i can, but i got enough going on that i probably won't make any unless someone wants one to use. i am probably going to make a poster of the dr. mario one because i love it!

Pringo

Banned
somnific said:
okay, i updated it after a few pm's and emails! sorry, i've been busy doing other things (l4d, anyone?), but the new entries all look fantastic guys. all the images are uploading as i type this, and i'll be going over the posts to add proper names under the credits.

The GAF Collection, Collected

as for hirez versions, i haven't done any since i haven't seen any requests for for any. i'd gladly do it (if i have the proper assets) if i can, but i got enough going on that i probably won't make any unless someone wants one to use. i am probably going to make a poster of the dr. mario one because i love it!
I'd love to see some of your boxes in high-res. Don't bother putting in too much time if it'll take a lot of effort cause I most likely won't be printing any, but I still like seeing them all the same. The Dr. Mario one was particularly good if you feel like sharing a high-res copy if you do end up making a poster out of it.

pandaeskimo

Neo Member
BMX XXX one made me laugh. I bought that game years ago for around $5 since it was the cheapest BMX game at the time. It's the only game that's made me feel dizzy. If you added a little poodle to the bike, it'd be perfect.

Haven't posted in a while... This is not my best work, but it took me only an hour to do.

Draft version:
vmt6di.png

Final version:
301m5hc.png

Hi-res here.

I think it is pretty obvious that I didn't give a damn about the back of the box.
:lol

Pringo

Banned
KilgoreTrout said:
Haven't posted in a while... This is not my best work, but it took me only an hour to do.

Draft version:
vmt6di.png

Final version:
301m5hc.png

Hi-res here.

I think it is pretty obvious that I didn't give a damn about the back of the box.
:lol
Another nice cover.

Did you ever get any of these printed out at FedEx by the way? I'd like to see how they look if you have time to take a quick picture.

qmztxf.jpg

Not the finished version.

Any RE4 fans have any suggestions what to put on the back, because I don't really have any ideas?

Also, I have a handful or two of games left in my collection that are worth GAF Collection'ing, when I get them done, I'll finally post a picture of what they look like in real life as a whole set.

I wish this thread wasn't dead.

pandaeskimo

Neo Member
MDKcover.jpg

I did the graphic based on a screen capture and some concept art (for colors). The game used sprites for the character and this was one you see a lot. One of the few PC games I still own.

pandaeskimo said:
http://damontgomery.googlepages.com/MDKcover.jpg

I did the graphic based on a screen capture and some concept art (for colors). The game used sprites for the character and this was one you see a lot. One of the few PC games I still own.
nice work, I love MDK

ga-z

Neo Member
Just wanted to show some Star Fox (SNES) love to this fine NeoGaf Collection. I tried to keep it simple, yet striking. How'd I do?

StarFox1.jpg

StarFox3.jpg

StarFox2.jpg

KilgoreTrout said:
qmztxf.jpg

Not the finished version.

Any RE4 fans have any suggestions what to put on the back, because I don't really have any ideas?

Also, I have a handful or two of games left in my collection that are worth GAF Collection'ing, when I get them done, I'll finally post a picture of what they look like in real life as a whole set.

I wish this thread wasn't dead.

I just want to say that putting Ashley next to that line "Evil Has a New Face" is the most perfect thing ever.

Top Bottom