• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“The GAF Collection” – Weekend Photoshop Thread

pandaeskimo

Neo Member
TOMIcover.jpg

My guess at the theme for Tales of Monkey Island. Since only Chapter 1 is out now, who knows if it'll be the theme throughout the whole game.

I made a full cover for The Orange Box yesterday, based on my design posted a few pages ago. The text is in Dutch, so it's not really meaningful to most of you, but I like it. It looks really rad in the sleeve, and I think it's nicer looking than the original PAL box.

e6u1jd.png

Pringo

Banned
KilgoreTrout said:
Here are the other Metroid Primes. Spoilers below.

2prijgo.png

High res, full version here.

169qdko.png

High res, full version here.

If you can't tell, I was trying to achieve the look of the water on the visor... Don't know why she'd be in water when she saw these guys, but nonetheless, I'm obsessed with that effect.
Hey KilgoreTrout. I was just going through and updating the cover list in the OP and I noticed that your Metroid Prime 2 cover wasn't the full box version. No worries if you didn't make one but I'm just wondering if you might have accidentally uploaded the wrong image. If so, I'll put the full box version in the OP if you have it.

Pringo said:
Hey KilgoreTrout. I was just going through and updating the cover list in the OP and I noticed that your Metroid Prime 2 cover wasn't the full box version. No worries if you didn't make one but I'm just wondering if you might have accidentally uploaded the wrong image. If so, I'll put the full box version in the OP if you have it.

Ah, Here you go.

Accidently uploaded the wrong image. :lol
Sorry about that, and thanks!

Just wanna say thank you to everyone in this thread who has contributed as I shall soon be finding out if my printer can do these awesome covers justice.

Leminnes

Banned
Made this a long time back when this thread was made. Seems I was finally approved. Either way, here it is:

MMCover.jpg

I've been meaning to redo the text since then, I think I could probably do it better. Perhaps I'll do that later.

IrishNinja

nice!

christ but i wish the SoTC and bioshock plane ones were printable. already put the killer 7 one over my original on the box, was hoping to do the same with the katamari one but for whatever reason, i cant seem to print PNG files at work? odd.

also, the simple hand-holding Ico one was kinda touching.

Hey guys! I had made some covers way back when this thread started, but of course had to wait for my account to be activated, and I just finished up a couple tonight. I thought there was a sad lack of SNK covers, so I took it upon myself to make some! Yeah I know, I was a bit lazy slapping the template on them :/

x6lgf7.jpg

This one I thought I would parody an existing Criterion cover, this being for the movie 8 1/2.

2zs32n7.png

An alternative one I just did, matching the newer (?) Criterion design scheme.

29cqfzm.jpg

I really like how this came out. And it's the only one where I tried altering the template colors to match.

2w4boec.png

Also like how this one came out, wish I could've made the poster fit in just a LITTLE bit better.

bim9eu.jpg

2ldi0zo.jpg

Yep that is the full Japanese title in there.

317ccwi.jpg

Yes I made a Garou one too. Because I didn't know which one people would prefer

2vj50fb.jpg

OnPoint

Kilgore, I like your work. Just want to point out a small typo you may have missed. Your Wind Waker back cover should say "An evil" not "A evil." I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but keep up the good work.

OnPoint said:
Kilgore, I like your work. Just want to point out a small typo you may have missed. Your Wind Waker back cover should say "An evil" not "A evil." I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but keep up the good work.

Haha. Thanks. I didn't notice it, I'm horrible at checking my own work for errors. :lol

Well started doing the SS series now. Again I thought I'd do a spoof of an existing Criterion DVD set, the Samurai movies (fitting right?)

Well here's the original:
http://criterion_production.s3.amazonaws.com/release_images/338/14_box_348x490.jpg

Now here are my two SS covers I've done so far

30a6wwy.png

There was a subtitle for the first movie, but not for the first SS game, I was thinking of doing just Haohmaru for the subtitle, but opted for Samurai Spirits instead.

ezem10.png

There's a subtitle for the Japanese version of the game "Haohmaru's Portrait of Hell" but that's much too long, so I simply shortened it, it sounds more like a cheesy flick to me :D

Hey guys. I figured I'd start going through some of the high-rez cover and making them look like Criterion DVDs/Blu-rays. Thought I'd start with one of my favorites, No More Heroes. Credit goes to KilgoreTrout for the awesome front design. Let me know if you want anything changed.

nmhsmall.png

Full size:
http://www.zshare.net/image/64392697d8a7f922/

GAF Collection numbering so far:
1- No More Heroes

Hey guys, decided to go ahead and do the second one. This one is for the Orange Box on XBOX 360. Credit for the front cover goes to Kilgore Trout and credit for the back cover goes to Pizza Luigi. The designs were awesome. Let me know if you guys want anything changed. The UPCs I'm using for these covers are scanned from the game's original cover, just so you know.

orangeboxsmall.png

Full size:
http://www.zshare.net/image/64347429723bbf6f/

GAF Collection numbering so far:
1- No More Heroes
2- The Orange Box

I like what you've added to the backs, but at the same time some of the charm comes from having double sided covers. Maybe that's just me though. Nice job nonetheless.

My only suggestion is to take off the top where it says "The GAF Collection presents", because it basically says it in the center box.

kittel said:
I'm in love with your work Kilgore. Any tips on getting these printed out at Kinkos?

I save all the files to the thumb drive, and took it down there. I asked them to print one off first so I could make sure the color looked all right, and the size was correct (Bring a sleeve with you. If you are getting a PS3 one, bring a sleeve from that). I also told them to make it so it wouldn't scale to the printing box boundary.

If you'd like, I can pm you a folder with all of them contained that I used to print them.

KilgoreTrout said:
I like what you've added to the backs, but at the same time some of the charm comes from having double sided covers. Maybe that's just me though. Nice job nonetheless.

My only suggestion is to take off the top where it says "The GAF Collection presents", because it basically says it in the center box.

Ah, I just put that there because every Criterion DVD has that at the top. I was just mimicking that style for these.

Thanks for the feedback. Hope to see more of your covers, I love all of yours so far.

dacuk

Choppasmith said:
Well started doing the SS series now. Again I thought I'd do a spoof of an existing Criterion DVD set, the Samurai movies (fitting right?)

Well here's the original:
http://criterion_production.s3.amazonaws.com/release_images/338/14_box_348x490.jpg

Now here are my two SS covers I've done so far

30a6wwy.png

There was a subtitle for the first movie, but not for the first SS game, I was thinking of doing just Haohmaru for the subtitle, but opted for Samurai Spirits instead.

ezem10.png

There's a subtitle for the Japanese version of the game "Haohmaru's Portrait of Hell" but that's much too long, so I simply shortened it, it sounds more like a cheesy flick to me :D

Great work Choppasmith.

I know this is not a place for requests, but a Strider cover would rule big mega time.

Leminnes

Banned
DrAndonuts said:
Hey guys, got a third one. It's Shadow of the Colossus. Front artwork credit goes to Lemmines. The man's good. Let me know if there's anything you guys want changed on this one.

[IMG*]http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/1008/sotcsmall.png[/IMG]

Full size:
http://www.zshare.net/image/643743143cdf8064/

And so far, the GAF Collection numbering is:
1- No More Heroes
2- The Orange Box
3- Shadow of the Colossus

Holy crap, that's awesome. Thanks for improving it. :D By the way, on the back it says the art was done by KilgoreTrout... Perhaps you could change that. >_>

ARC Euro

Hello,
We, ARC System Works Europe, have started the thread asking community to submit box art for our European version of BlazBlue PS3/360 in below thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=371173

Pringo kindly allowed us to ask this thread readers to mention about this here and ask for your submission.

We were so impressed with your works on this thread and decided to ask community to create an official one, so grateful if you can consider creating for us.
Winner will be used as an box art, runner ups will be printed in manual, poster, and banners and we are currently considering creating art book as limited edition.

As you can see on the thread, some materials are uploaded for your references but you do not have to use them, including the logo.
There is not much time left (till end of September), so the work does not have to be the final quality. We will work with an artist once selected to finalize.

Thank you for your attention and looking forward to seeing your works!

best regards,
ARC Europe
europe(at mark)arcsy.co.jp

Hey guys, here's a fifth. This one is for Beatles: Rock Band. I did the design this time, obviously its based on the White Album. Hope you guys enjoy it. Let me know what you think.

Also, Leminnes, I changed the SotC artwork in the post above. Sorry about that :D.

rockbandbeatlessmall.png

Full size linkage:
http://www.zshare.net/image/65187711f8d6c477/

And so far, the GAF Collection numbering is:
1- No More Heroes
2- The Orange Box
3- Shadow of the Colossus
4- Dead Space
5- Beatles: Rock Band

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
DrAndonuts said:
:lol holy hell, i want to print that out and use it, it's perfect.

Top Bottom