• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“Tenet” - 2020, new Christopher Nolan film

Super Mario

Banned
I saw the preview for this last night, and thought it looked fairly interesting. Didn't know it was a Nolan movie. Day one!

He's turning into a gimmick director.

"Now people can rewind time!" *Loud noise*

I guess you can call it that if you'd like. I think his movies have certainly brought fresh ideas.

chitzy

Banned
I'm skeptical that the release date for this doesn't get pushed. Even if theaters are open back up, they're going to social distancing restrictions in place. Half capacity and shit like that.

I'm skeptical that the release date for this doesn't get pushed. Even if theaters are open back up, they're going to social distancing restrictions in place. Half capacity and shit like that.

Sounds like WW 1984 and Tenet are handcuffed

If one gets pushed back, the other will too

You are probably right, July 17 is not THAT far off and theaters are still closed, right?

Hans Bubby

Banned

As someone who rarely goes to the movie theater anymore because of other people, I like the idea of it being at half capacity.

I don't understand the concept of inversion. How do they reconcile the other dimension; space?

giphy.gif

Not that interested tbh.

After inception and interstellar, tenet seems like more of the same. Unfortunately, those previous movies get worse with each reviewing. Nolan movies are very beautiful from a technical pov but he's bankrupt of subtlety.

And John David Washington is no Denzel Washington. Denzel oozes charisma but John is just another John.

Last edited:
David tenet.

I find Nolan films one and done. Like they’re ok to good even entertaining but nothing compelling that maybe wants to watch them again, maybe interstellar?

he also does awful auction and pg13

And I see they are showing ‘a Nolan movie within fortnite’ later this summer

Starting the betting with

Inception (thinking spy sci-fi, brain melting concept link to tenet)

Although the dark knight (just cause it’s the dark knight)

He's turning into a gimmick director.

"Now people can rewind time!" *Loud noise*
Turning into? You don't know that Memento, Inception, and Interstellar all center around a critical gimmick which drive their narratives? Nolan's genius is taking something that looks like a gimmick and turning into an amazing and compelling story. I mean even Dunkirk barely qualifies as a war film because of Nolan's directing style, it's something totally other. The Dark Knight trilogy are straight genre pictures and are probably the most normal films he's ever made.

I can't wait, this looks great.

Turning into? You don't know that Memento, Inception, and Interstellar all center around a critical gimmick which drive their narratives? Nolan's genius is taking something that looks like a gimmick and turning into an amazing and compelling story. I mean even Dunkirk barely qualifies as a war film because of Nolan's directing style, it's something totally other. The Dark Knight trilogy are straight genre pictures and are probably the most normal films he's ever made.

I can't wait, this looks great.

I think Dunkirk is an exceptional war film, it’s just a war film about a defeat, not a victory, and how some people were galvanized by that defeat/failure.

Just what I got from it. I’m a causal, so I could be way off

I really like Dunkirk, was surprised it wasn’t more popular

Last edited:
Top Bottom