• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10-year-old antiabortion protester shoved; Anti-Trump activist reached out to help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
So? He's already lost, he's been on anti abortion protests before, he's fighting to take rights away from other people. His age isn't a factor.

If he's willing to be out protesting for the removal of women's rights, he should be willing to deal with the consequences.

It's a life lesson.

Fuck this shitty opinion. It's a child. Even an adult can change their ways, you think a child whose brain isn't even close to being fully developed is set in their ways? What the actual fuck.

Nester99

He added, “The worst part was seeing someone in their 20s picking on a 10-year-old.”

No Dad,

The worst part is how you used your child to push your own agenda.

What a horrible father including a 10 year old in an abortion protest. Makes me so mad.
Let the 10 year old be 10, he has his whole adult life to deal with shitty reality.

Brinbe

Yeah, good on her. He's 10. Same with people trashing on Trump's kid. Have a little more class that that, they're kids.

Apharmd

What the heck man. The kid's ten. He doesn't have a choice of who his daddy is or that his daddy laps up Fox News :(

Good on that Anti Trump Protester. Shame on that kid's daddy and the protesters picking on him.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
10 year olds aren't idiots and this isn't his first protest.

Stop trying to paint this asshole as a poor bystander.

So did you have a shitty childhood or have you always been a heartless bastard?

Edit: Actually, this is a super douchy post with regards to people who may have had terrible childhoods, I'll leave it for posterity but anger got the better of me.

Fuck this shitty opinion. It's a child. Even an adult can change their ways, you think a child whose brain isn't even close to being fully developed is set in their ways? What the actual fuck.

Indoctrinate em whilst their young and impressionable. It's gross

Nester99

So? He's already lost, he's been on anti abortion protests before, he's fighting to take rights away from other people. His age isn't a factor.

If he's willing to be out protesting for the removal of women's rights, he should be willing to deal with the consequences.

It's a life lesson.

Willing? Hes 10 bro. He goes where his parents tell him to go.

I don't even...

He's ten. His parents told him what to believe and he did. His parents decided to have him come along to protest with them. There is no real decision making being had on his part.

I cannot believe some of the posts in this thread.

Terry-Crews-WTF.gif

Buckle

I don't see a problem with this. Shows the kid he's been indoctrinated with shitty views.
Theres a better way to do that than terrorize him.

Childhood trauma like that isn't going to do anything but help reinforce the views his parents fed him as he gets older.

It's a life lesson.
I've seen everything now holy shit lol

rdytoroll

I don't see a problem with this. Shows the kid he's been indoctrinated with shitty views.

Disgusting. What is wrong with you? But seems like it's nothing new reading your usual "hardass, tell it like it is" comments on this board.

I'm not angry at this child. Rather I'm sad that he has such bad parents.

rjinaz

Poor kid.

I'm sorry you were pushed and I'm also sorry your parents had you there to begin with.

Good on that woman and I hope whoever did it gets arrested for assault.

Leave kids alone dammit.

Violence should never be a part of protests, but pushing a little kid and taunting him is on another level of disgusting behavior. Ms. Hunken is a hero for stepping in.

Mitch

Banned

Are you actually being serious at this point? To me it seems like you're shit posting for the sake of it.

A 10 year old's brain is still forming. He's being influenced by his parent. At this age, any information given by people he looks up to is fact. On top of that, he has no other choice. His parent controls where he goes.

RedHill

Banned
I don't have much respect for anyone that brings a child that young to protests about such controversial matters. He isn't old enough to form an educated opinion. Shame on his parents.

I'm cool with Nazi punching. But bullying kids is shitty. I would have been right there with those anti-abortion protesters at his age. Being bullied by a bunch of adults isn't what changed my views.

You're also a fucking idiot, so you know.

I don't think so. I think some of you just refuse to accept that even at the age of ten, kids aren't dumb and do have a pretty good idea of the world.

His worldview isn't just what his parents feed him. What's happening is you're all projecting yourselves at age ten and assuming he's the same rather than seeing this as a ten year old in 2017.

The Boat

Fuck his dad for bringing him to such a protest.

I don't think so. I think some of you just refuse to accept that even at the age of ten, kids aren't dumb and do have a pretty good idea of the world.

His worldview isn't just what his parents feed him. What's happening is you're all projecting yourselves at age ten and assuming he's the same rather than seeing this as a ten year old in 2017.

Maybe you hang around really special 10 year olds, but you have no clue what you're talking about.

lacinius

No Dad,

The worst part is how you used your child to push your own agenda.

What a horrible father including a 10 year old in an abortion protest. Makes me so mad.
Let the 10 year old be 10, he has his whole adult life to deal with shitty reality.

Exactly this.

Carcetti

The kid's just a victim of conditioning and brainwashing. All we should feel for him is being sorry for him until he's an adult and able to make up his own mind.

Skyzard

Banned

Fucking evil millennials.

Ebris

Preach on, my friend! You have to tell us how much you were a highly-educated, informed, discerning progressive warrior when you were 10. That'll show these naysayers what's what!

You have to be a real motherfucker to shove a 10 year old and call him a pussy.

Don't act like you're above Trump, you're clearly not.

This. People really need to start holding themselves to a higher level of accountability. Really says something that they went after a little kid instead of an adult, too.

when I was 10 I trusted everything my parents say, abso fucking lutely I had little opinion besides what they told me I was essentially a christian choir boy because they told me to do it and I put my everything into it.

So no, please stop. He's a child. Don't physically and verbally abuse him he doesn't know better.

Buckle

I wasn't exactly a rocket scientist when I was ten. I still believed in everything my parents taught me. Gays are bad, god is real, etc.

I probably could have been that kid but as I grew up, I was taught better through wider interactions with the world outside of my bubble.

No one that young should have to pay for the idiocy of their parents. As he gets older, he could still break free from their toxic views before its too late. I'd rather him remember people trying to do that than trying to get violent.

10 year olds have the capacity to even murder.

There was once a pretty gruesome case in the UK involving two ten year olds abducting a 2 year old and beating him to death. My memory on it is dodgy it was The Bulger case - I wouldn't look into it if your faint hearted.

But yeah, 10 year olds can definitely be assholes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom