• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

100 Small things in Zelda BotW that will blow your mind - IGN

Phu

Banned
Neither Youtube nor Google image search produces any image of Link riding a moose.

The IGN story links to another story about all the things Link can ride, and it doesn't mention or show moose.

I have put considerable effort into riding a moose and failed. I've ridden
bears, Stalhorses, The Lord of the Mountain, deer/elk, and the giant horse. And Zelda's white horse
. But I couldn't get a moose. Or
an ostrich or rhinoceros
, for that matter.

Conclusion: you can't ride a moose.

Nier has the exclusive rights to moose mounting.

Spinluck

I've played this game for over 90 hours and been all over the map, and I've never seen a bear.

Where do you find bears?

My first encounter with one was against a Boko riding one and charging me with a club in hand

This is one of the best games ever made.

Otnopolit

My first encounter with one was against a Boko riding one and charging me with a club in hand

This is one of the best games ever made.

Holy shit, had no idea enemies could mount anything else besides horses.

Also, I KNEW IT! You totally can burn off Henox soccer shin pads.

Mega

Banned
I love how Link usually is shorter than most things around in the world. Not necessarily a strong build either.

It's weird. This has to be the shortest adult Link ever. Is there an explanation on why he's so incredibly short? Literally every NPC that isn't a kid or a hunched over old person is significantly taller than Link, And in the case of the latter, many old people in the game are taller if they stood up straight.

Every ordinary guy is enormous next to him and even 99% of girls tower over him by at least a head. He has to be 5 feet tall max or this Hyrule is a land of very tall people and Link happens to be normal height. Is he still a teen who's growing (15-16 yrs old)? I got the impression he was an adult of at least 18.

edit: all the "80+ hours in and I haven't seen X" posts. Think of the rumors and half-truths that would've swirled amongst friends if this game released in the pre-Internet era of gaming.

brau

What!!?!?!?

dude. if there is smoke or birds there is a point of interest. birds circling around is a dead giveaway!

It's weird. This has to be the shortest adult Link ever. Is there an explanation on why he's so incredibly short? Literally every NPC that isn't a kid or a hunched over old person is significantly taller than Link, And in the case of the latter, many old people in the game are taller if they stood up straight.

Every ordinary guy is enormous next to him and even 99% of girls tower over him by at least a head. He has to be 5 feet tall max or this Hyrule is a land of very tall people and Link happens to be normal height. Is he still a teen who's growing (15-16 yrs old)? I got the impression he was an adult of at least 18.

Right? he is usually looking up at people when chatting haha. Unless you're on your horse. Then you're like Lord Farquad and can feel superiority in your tallness.

What!!?!?!?
Tis true. I found a shrine this way last night. Unless it was a coincidence.

Right? he is usually looking up at people when chatting haha. Unless you're on your horse. Then you're like Lord Farquad and can feel superiority in your tallness.
I think some NPCs will react to your talking to them while standing on a table (at least Purrah does; haven't done it myself, but I saw a screenshot of it.)

Well he cant get served at the pub in gerudo town so I'd say about 16 (so he'd technically be about 116)

brau

Holy shit, had no idea enemies could mount anything else besides horses.

Also, I KNEW IT! You totally can burn off Henox soccer shin pads.

You can also set fire under its feet, and it'll do a dance trying to cool them down with his hands. This will allow time to hit it in the eye.

timshundo

This game man

12) Link has a custom flexing idle animation if he doesn’t have a shirt equipped.

$

yall wheres our fanart for this lol

Crayolan

That's not true. You cant climb inside Divine Beasts. You can't climb inside shrines. You also can't climb the evil looking pillars around Hyrule Castle and there are some rooftop chimneys that you can't climb to the very top because the top structure obstructs your climbing ability. It's pretty silly when you think about how Link can climb way more difficult stuff and while almost horizontal (back facing down).

I think some towers and stables have unclimbable sections at the top, or at least blocked off from normal climbing but reachable if you glide onto them.

I also found a weird patch of slope/wall in the very end of the north east part of Hyrule that can't be climbed for no reason. This section of the map also has an invisible wall to the north that stops forward movement and an onscreen message saying you can't go any further.

You can't climb the weird pillar things around Hyrule Castle, but if you're persistant enough with running at the right times you can make it to the top of them.

GAF -> Internet -> GAF. Every single of these has been mentioned in the OT at some point, including some that have been suggested but not verified.

Dryk

No mention that the walking Guardians weak point is
underneath, like a turtle and if you knock them over or cut the legs off and flip them you can do massive damage to their bellies.
The one in the wetlands is really easy to kill because you can just flip it with an ice block and it can't do shit to you anymore

watershed

Banned
I encountered a Stalhorse for the first time and rode it until dawn when it collapsed and died. It was an amazing few minutes. The animations for the Stalhorse look so damn cool. I was taking screenshots almost every second.

Tuck

57) A Hinox will pick up trees around them to attack you with — you can cut them down while they sleep to put a stop to it.
This was crazy impressive the first time I saw it. Especially cause I was on top of the tree it grabbed...

A few of these I definitely have to try out, and some I discovered by accident.

I was able to reflect small Guardian lasers, but not the big ones.
You have to wait til you see like an electric shock sort of animation coming from their eye blast just as they're about to fire. That's when you hit the button to parry with your shield. That's how I do it, at least. Works most of the time. You can take them out in like 3 hits.

Mory Dunz

edit: all the "80+ hours in and I haven't seen X" posts. Think of the rumors and half-truths that would've swirled amongst friends if this game released in the pre-Internet era of gaming.

Link's always been short. He's usually the same height as Zelda and other women. And shorter than most of the guys

http://www.zeldainformer.com/images...-of-zelda-skyward-sword-20110928071934092.jpg

https://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda05/Walkthrough/03/3_Saria18_Large.jpg

https://www.unseen64.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/zeldatpbetaordon.jpg

Not really a useful thing, but I noticed while playing tonight that when you kill a fire keese above some grass, the updraft the fire causes will actually cause the keese wings that drop to float up into the air. That made me smile.

Link is much taller than Zelda in OOT. It's a weird trend starting with Twilight Princess, but I guess it makes Link stand out...or the opposite

brau

Just earlier someone pointed that holding an item like an apple, using the dpad, you can move the reticle farther to throw such item. I didn't know that. lol.

Top Bottom