• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

12 Films To See In August (What are you watching?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
DanielPlainview said:
Just saw Taking Woodstock. Ouch. Total misfire. Anyone else see it?

Not yet, will probably get around to it this week. On Monday I am going to see Mystery Team and Basterds, Tuesday will be District 9 and Paperheart, and Wednesday will be Moon, Departures, Adam and Taking Woodstock. Sucks that Thirst, Away We Go (it played here a while though), and Tetro (it just played in Austin for a week) already left theaters in Austin. I might wait until Thursday to see Moon and then see it along with Food Inc but I don't really like watching documentaries in theaters. I might also go up and hit the cheap theaters on Thursday to see Funny People and Terminator Salvation on Thursday or watch Star Trek again.

So yeah, about 70 dollars to go to the cinemas to play catch up. Did anyone see the new Harry Potter in Imax? I was thinking about going even though I thought the last one was terrible.

therapist

Umm i just saw halloween 2 last night and it is awesome so lick my balls OP.

Even went with a freind who didnt like any of Zombie's other movies , at the end he turns to me and says : "Thats Rob Zombie's first good movie".

So yea...i would watch it.

therapist said:
Umm i just saw halloween 2 last night and it is awesome so lick my balls OP.

Even went with a freind who didnt like any of Zombie's other movies , at the end he turns to me and says : "Thats Rob Zombie's first good movie".

So yea...i would watch it.
Did you like the first one? It looks like one of the worst films if the year, and it looks like the critics agree.

DanielPlainview said:
Did you like the first one? It looks like one of the worst films if the year, and it looks like the critics agree.

It's at least ten billion times better than The Final Destination, which you put in your "Go see" section :D

SephriJ

Lol I just saw The Final Destination in 3d where I am, and I won't say its good at all, the acting sucks, plot is the same as the rest, but lets get serious, only reason most people watch these movies, is to see really messed up death scenes, and since its in 3d, even better, maybe I am just really perverse or something, but these movies to me some of my friends are just guilty pleasures.

I will say on that list, I have seen The inglorious basterds and District 9, and both were really good. Inglorious Basterds is probably my favorite movie of this year actually, unless something insane comes out, like Avatar, which I saw the 3d preview before The final destination(so worth the 10.25), that might be my fav movie of the year if it comes out this year, I just can't seem to remember.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
azentium said:
This struck me as a bit odd. Is it really as decent as the critics make it out to be?

I might see it at the 1.50 theaters along with something else. I try and watch everything that has a 80 percent or higher.

DanielPlainview said:
Just saw Taking Woodstock. Ouch. Total misfire. Anyone else see it?

I just saw it. I liked parts of it really well, and overall, I'd recommend it because I think that it's a cute, quirky comedy about what seems like a really cool event. I especially liked the scene with Paul Dano. It's not amazing, but I think that it's pretty solid overall.

Snowman Prophet of Doom said:
I just saw it. I liked parts of it really well, and overall, I'd recommend it because I think that it's a cute, quirky comedy about what seems like a really cool event. I especially liked the scene with Paul Dano. It's not amazing, but I think that it's pretty solid overall.

Damn, I thought the scene with Dano was one of the worst of the films. :lol

DanielPlainview said:
Damn, I thought the scene with Dano was one of the worst of the films. :lol

It's not something that I'm passionate about, I just thought that it was kind of cool (especially that amazingly beautiful visual when Martin's character goes and looks at the crowd). I don't know, I thought Dano's acting was good; had that sort of pseudo-depth of a high person, but somehow felt more genuine to me than it really had any right to.

I don't know, I just found the movie appealing for whatever reason. I wouldn't describe it as amazing or anything, but I think that it's worth a watch; I just really like the whole administrative/backstage approach to the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom