• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

127 Hours | Dir: Danny Boyle | James Franco

Status
Not open for further replies.
looking forward to this, i like franco despite all those reports about him being a massive prick and i'll always be interested with whatever boyle is doing.

artist

Banned
If anyone want to make an official thread ala DP then please go ahead. I just wanted to share the trailer, I suck at PS. :/

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Love Danny Boyle, dislike Franco and thought the trailer was terrible, but Boyle is still so awesome

Ill see it i guess :/

HiResDes

I've known about this film for a while, but I was confused when I first heard about it because I thought Franco said he was retiring from acting.

artist

Banned
Expendable. said:
come on irfan! Danny Boyle deserves a better OP than that :lol

Can't wait to see this.
Make a good one then! :p I'm requesting mods to lock this dead thread. Nothing to see here folks, move along.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
oh this story.... is it spoilers to say the real life dudes story? Cause it's a badass story.

Telluride world premiere just got out:

@firstshowing:
127 Hours was good, but didn't love it. Boyle's style really prevails, but didn't feel the intensity as much as I did in Buried. Hmmm.

@HitFixGregory:
127 hours is a visceral uplifting and moving cinematic film. Franco amazing. #telluride

Franco is better than you could ever believe. Boyle had absolutely done it again.

@slashfilm:
127 hours was brilliant. Everything I wanted and more. Boyle has done it again.

Zeliard

"Franco is better than you could ever believe."

I believe that he can be a tremendous actor when given the right role, so it looks like it falls right in line with my beliefs! ;)

Ad Infinitum said:
looking forward to this, i like franco despite all those reports about him being a massive prick and i'll always be interested with whatever boyle is doing.
I have never heard anyone say that about Franco.

This movie will be good and Boyle will get the best out of Franco.

Isn't this story about the guy who cut if own arm with a swiss knife?

Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aron_Ralston

After five days of trying to lift and break the boulder, the dehydrated and delirious Ralston prepared to amputate his trapped arm in order to escape. He forcibly levered his forearm against a chockstone until both the radius and ulna bones broke. Using the dull blade on his multiuse tool, he then cut the soft tissue around the break. He used the tool's pliers to tear at the tougher tendons. Although he never named the manufacturer of the tool other than to say it was not Leatherman, he did describe it as "what you'd get if you bought a $15 flashlight and got a free multi-use tool"

Meliorism

catfish said:
oh this story.... is it spoilers to say the real life dudes story? Cause it's a badass story.

It's funny to see your username and then you mention spoilers seeing as there has been a fair amount of controversy about a movie with the same title as your name.

Anyway, there's 127 Hours and also Howl. I really like Franco though, so I could see me digging it.

Zeliard

Expendable. said:

It's the new Exorcist.

Cereal KiIIer said:
Isn't this story about the guy who cut if own arm with a swiss knife?

Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aron_Ralston

After five days of trying to lift and break the boulder, the dehydrated and delirious Ralston prepared to amputate his trapped arm in order to escape. He forcibly levered his forearm against a chockstone until both the radius and ulna bones broke. Using the dull blade on his multiuse tool, he then cut the soft tissue around the break. He used the tool's pliers to tear at the tougher tendons. Although he never named the manufacturer of the tool other than to say it was not Leatherman, he did describe it as "what you'd get if you bought a $15 flashlight and got a free multi-use tool"

Spoilers for real life.

for those worried about cutting away:

In making the movie, Boyle knew that if the audience averted its eyes when Ralston
ultimately breaks the bones in his arm and severs a tangled mass of tendons, muscle and nerves with a dull knife
, “127 Hours” would have failed. While one member of the Telluride audience apparently passed out during the graphic sequence, very few looked away. Ralston, who was attending the screening with his wife, was visibly moved throughout the film, but the tears really started flowing when he watched the reenactment of his primitive surgical procedure. The relief in the theater was palpable—if there’s such a thing as quiet cheering, there it was.
[LA Times]

edit: are you guys fucking serious? It's a true story that was widely reported and discussed in threads here.

BikoBiko said:
Jesus I shouldn't enter these threads. Spoiled the movie for me within a minute. Cheers.

Hey, at least you were able to hold out until now.

Freaking newspapers ruined this movie for me, 7 years ago! Can you believe that?

BikoBiko

Inferno313 said:

Freaking newspapers ruined this movie for me, 7 years ago! Can you believe that?
That's not exactly the same though is it.

chiba

Inferno313 said:

:lol

Looks good, love Boyle, love Franco, visually it looks amazing, count me in. The cast of girls is a plus too, Lizzy Caplan, Kate Mara, Amber Tamblyn, and the chick who played Fleur in Harry Potter^^

Expendable. said:
edit: are you guys fucking serious? It's a true story that was widely reported and discussed in threads here.

I can't wait for Speilberg's Lincoln movie to come out, if it ever does.

"WTF do you mean he got assassinated in a theater? You just ruined the ending A-hole."

Wasn't expecting him getting trapped. Guess that's what happens when I don't pay attention. :lol

Don't have the geek love for Franco but I liked him in Freak's and Geeks.

BikoBiko

Christ, get over yourselves. Just that a story has been reported in the media and discussed on GAF doesn't immediately make it general knowledge.

chiba

BikoBiko said:
Christ, get over yourselves. Just that a story has been reported in the media and discussed on GAF doesn't immediately make it general knowledge.
Its not like its some major hidden twist dude, it's the movies entire plot. TV trailers would have probally spoiled it for ya anyways. Relax brother.

Anyone know what the song in the trailer is?

Edit: Thanks, Chiba. Unfortunately, the portion in the trailer is the only good part of the song :\

/Film's 9.5 out of 10 review:

127 Hours is a brilliant, gut-wrenching and moving cinematic experience. The film will have you in tears one moment, laughing the next, and will leave you on the edge of your seat, gripping the armrests and holding your breath. This is an uplifting story of perseverance with a stronger character arc than the best fictional films released this year. This is not just a story of man vs. nature or survival. Ralston has said that he “did not lose his hand” but instead “gained his life back.” Most importantly, this is THAT story.

There are a lot really cool production tidbits in the review, I suggest checking it out.

Monocle

I respect Franco's work so I'll check this out. I remember when I read the story about the actual incident that inspired this film. Ralston is one ridiculously hardcore dude.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I was going to kinda ignore this movie but I think I might head out and go see it when it hits.

Kuran

Banned
This looks like such shit. What a bad trailer.. it also makes the main guy look like an incredible douchebag, and the casting doesn't help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom