• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

15% (or more) off consoles at Target 7/13 & 14

Lkr

Just bought an Xbox One and a PS4, $635 total.

~$317 for each one, not a bad deal at all!

the 5% red card wouldn't apply to the entire order since I just signed up for it on the spot (too large of a purchase), but he was able to put $200 on the card. So I only lost on about $20 worth of extra savings.
And then you have to spend an hour updating :(

Kelsey

Banned
And that was the other reason I haven't gotten around to getting an XBone. After the RRoD fiasco I figured I should wait at least a year to avoid any quality control issues. Guess that was a good move.

I just replaced the dud and am doing the update and everything now. Will know soon enough if I got another turd. MS's quality control is insanely awful on these things.

jacobeid

Banned
I just replaced the dud and am doing the update and everything now. Will know soon enough if I got another turd. MS's quality control is insanely awful on these things.

I got a dud myself. The system ran incredibly quiet during the update process, and now it's extremely loud. I did some looking around and it's a common problem. I'll be going back for a replacement tomorrow.

Dang, I might need square trade.

Great time to pick up a ps4 then if you dont have one by now, just in time for The Last Of Us.

Maybe they will sells a few ouya's now... nah.

Kelsey

Banned
I got a dud myself. The system ran incredibly quiet during the update process, and now it's extremely loud. I did some looking around and it's a common problem. I'll be going back for a replacement tomorrow.

Dang, I might need square trade.

My replacement is the same way. That's 4 now that exhibit the same problem. Dead silent during the 800 meg update, then it sounds like the HD is constantly seeking any time a game isn't being played. What the hell, MS?

jacobeid

Banned
My replacement is the same way. That's 4 now that exhibit the same problem. Dead silent during the 800 meg update, then it sounds like the HD is constantly seeking any time a game isn't being played. What the hell, MS?

So bizarre. Mine actually stayed silent while I downloaded a few apps and the DR3 demo. After I turned it back on though, damn.

oatmeal

Banned
Fuck I did a legit change as well like 3 weeks ago (got the 10% for Best Buy and used it to buy a Fridge/Washer/Dryer)...

I want this, but I don't see it on there. :/

Finally got my Target movers coupon. I walked into the store and almost pulled the trigger on either a Wii U or Xbox One but ended up walking back out empty handed. My backlog is too big, Last of Us is due out in a few weeks, and September/October is going to be packed so I had to stop myself as hard as it was.

faint.

I wanted to mention this earlier: for those of you waiting until tomorrow (14th) to use this, you MIGHT be out of luck. While the OP only got the email today, the promotion on cartwheel.target.com mentions this deal expires on the 14th. People commenting on the facebook page linked on the site seem to be complaining about it too. So just keep in mind this deal might have been for the 12th + 13th and not 13th + 14th, despite most people only receiving their emails today.

oatmeal

Banned
Finally got my Target movers coupon. I walked into the store and almost pulled the trigger on either a Wii U or Xbox One but ended up walking back out empty handed. My backlog is too big, Last of Us is due out in a few weeks, and September/October is going to be packed so I had to stop myself as hard as it was.

Send me the USPS pdf? :D

I wanted to mention this earlier: for those of you waiting until tomorrow (14th) to use this, you MIGHT be out of luck. While the OP only got the email today, the promotion on cartwheel.target.com mentions this deal expires on the 14th. People commenting on the facebook page linked on the site seem to be complaining about it too. So just keep in mind this deal might have been for the 12th + 13th and not 13th + 14th, despite most people only receiving their emails today.

Oh crap, you're right. Arghh...so torn. A PS4 for $320 is a great deal, but I already have a Wii U and Xbox One. What to do, what to do....

The coupon appeared this morning at 4AM or so. There is someone from Target posting on CAG about it. He said it was today and tomorrow but of course, it is unknown.

Deadstar

I signed up for a cartwheel account but it says I have no offers selected and thus no barcode to scan. How do I add this 15% off electronics offer?

Kelsey

Banned
I signed up for a cartwheel account but it says I have no offers selected and thus no barcode to scan. How do I add this 15% off electronics offer?

Click on the 15 percent off deal and add it to your list of deals. Then click on barcodes at the top. Then print that out.

so Im trying to the USPS thing, its not working for me some reason. Can someone do it to me and ill gladly paypal them 2 bucks or something? Its just not working on my end. just reply or PM me here.

so its asking me for 15 dollars non refundable enrollment fee... uhhh...

Please someone help or do this for me. its being odd for me.

so its asking me for 15 dollars non refundable enrollment fee... uhhh...

Please someone help or do this for me. its being odd for me.

go to USPS.com

under the manage your mail tab, select Forward Mail

click on the change of address tab

click get started

On the next page, you will see the form to change the address, and also the link to cancel the change of address you submitted.

you can submit a bullshit name/address, but just be sure to enter the right billing address and name when asked for that.

go to USPS.com

under the manage your mail tab, select Forward Mail

click on the change of address tab

click get started

On the next page, you will see the form to change the address, and also the link to cancel the change of address you submitted.

you can submit a bullshit name/address, but just be sure to enter the right billing address and name when asked for that.
thats what i did, then it said 15 dollar non refundable enrollment fee is required up front. Thats why im asking if someone can do it for me if they arent getting this message.

jacobeid

Banned
The people at Target thought i was weird when I bought an Xbox with nothing else.

Oh well. I now have all the systems.

Hahahahaha me too!

Whatever, I didn't plan on buying the system until Forza Horizon 2 anyway so there's no rush. I added forza 5 to my gamefly cue and I might grab Super Time Force just to have something to play.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
This. Also, you guys might want to think twice about opening a red card account just for a 5% discount. Taking out a store credit card can sometimes ding your credit score.

Store or other credit card inquiries when you open an account are "soft hits" which go away from credit reports after a while.

Hard hits are ones which are inquiries or other activities on your credit not started by your own actions. These are the ones to be wary of.

Thanks for the post. I got a PS4, Gold Wireless Headset (price matched with amazon) and an extra Dualshock 4 for a total of $460 + taxes.

Kusagari

If MS had given me the dashboard bonus for buying a bone I would have done it.

But since they snubbed a guy who has been a Gold member for 6 years, had 60,000 gamer score and has spent hundreds, if not thousands, on Live I won't.

Badosh

If MS had given me the dashboard bonus for buying a bone I would have done it.

But since they snubbed a guy who has been a Gold member for 6 years, had 60,000 gamer score and has spent hundreds, if not thousands, on Live I won't.

You tell em'.

Kolgar

Lol it just annoys me they snub some of their userbase by doing a promotion like that only to random people.

Maybe you should extend it to everyone if you want 360 owners to jump in, MS.

Agreed. I'll wait until they're on their knees, lol.

hey guys, i bought an xbox one today for $325 with tax from target. I chatted with an xbox.com agent and even though I didn't get a message, she said i was eligible and should get a message on august 15th.

so come august 15th, if i don't get a message, i will chat with them again...and i saved the chat session etc so I think i should be covered.

you guys might want to give it a try as well.

Ghazi

hey guys, i bought an xbox one today for $325 with tax from target. I chatted with an xbox.com agent and even though I didn't get a message, she said i was eligible and should get a message on august 15th.

so come august 15th, if i don't get a message, i will chat with them again...and i saved the chat session etc so I think i should be covered.

you guys might want to give it a try as well.

Eligible for what? 75$ promo?

ProjectBerkley

Neo Member
I spoke too soon. Another Xbox One with an annoying, loud buzz that only stops when a game is being played. Microsoft's quality control is such shit.

Interesting. My first Xbox One did that as well. It'd go quiet whenever I was playing a game but kept making a ton of noise the rest of the time. Swapped it out for a new one at GS and this one is dead silent.

Store or other credit card inquiries when you open an account are "soft hits" which go away from credit reports after a while.

Hard hits are ones which are inquiries or other activities on your credit not started by your own actions. These are the ones to be wary of.

This is not correct. Hard hits are done as part of check to open a line of credit or take out a loan. Opening a Target credit card (not a debit linked to a checking account) is a hard hit. It'll show up in a credit report. These go away after two years. These are always initiated indirectly by you (I.e. the loan/credit application).

Soft hits are just basic checks that can be initiated by you or someone else to get background information. You might check your own score. An employee may check your credit. Or maybe a credit company offering pre-approval. These don't count against you.

I am right in reading that Cartwheel coupon will work tomorrow (7/14) correct? It says it expires on 7/14 and I'm confused if that means it stops working on 7/14 or it will work through the end of 7/14

Ghazi

I believe it works through tomorrow, my GSTL and/or LOD was telling me to mention it to people buying electronics today AND tomorrow.

Riddy

Saw the disclaimer about jailtime for providing false information and quickly said **** that to the change of address coupon. 20% between the coupon and my red card is fantastic though...thanks OP!

dave_d

Damn, looks like I'm holding off getting an XBone for awhile then. (You'd think after a 1 billion dollar fiasco they'd learn something. Guess they're resistant to knowledge or something.)

Bought a wii u super mario bundle. All for 260$ tax included. Now im doing software update. Cant wait to play other wii u games. Its been a while since ive played on nintendo.

Top Bottom