• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1990s Superhero Redesigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avixph

You mean le that time they gave Wolverine a suit of armor and the Flash a car?
flash-hotwheels.jpg

The car is not for the Flash.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Oh Timmy. :C

Best Robin costume remains Tim's 2006 one:

6773_400x600.jpg

Excising the green was an absolutely brilliant move.

The New 52 Red Robin outfit is pretty lame. Not horrible, but deffo worse than pre-New 52. Doubly so if we count the Unternet variant.

QM0a6HJl.jpg

tumblr_lute4wQW6d1qgkugro1_500.png

Wallach

On mobile so I don't have pics, but pretty much everything from Marvel 2099 belongs here. Fucking mess, the entire lot, but Hulk and Punisher 2099 were especially shit.

Savitar

I liked the Azbats costume, it always looked pretty damn cool to me and was sorry to see it never really used again once the whole thing was done. Mind you I prefer the first version, not the helmet version he mainly used later.

As for Azbats yes he was chosen by Bruce, he thought Dick had become his own man. With Azbats that they said they wanted to show what would happen if you got a more violent killing Batman. Of course it not being Bruce and Azbats being written a certain way made the whole message heavy handed at best. It's like saying how guns are bad by shooting someone with it.

Mike M

Nick N
I've gotta ask: what trades can I pick up to read about Electric Blue Superman and Azreal Batman?
Azbats is the Knightfall saga, consisting of Knightfall, Knightquest, and Knightend.

I think the Superman one was just called Superman Blue?

IrishNinja

90s costumes were awesome, pouches for days
and yeah spidey has hands-down the best costume set, 2099 is so baller

this is why venom and carnage should never hit the big screen. they're stuck in the 90s.

Super mullet. lmao.

disco stahp
venom needs to be done justice! carnage...he should prolly stick with animated stuff though

BOOOOOO

Ben Reilly is amazing. His Scarlet Spider costume and his Spider-Man costume are the best.

I loved Ben Reilly and the Scarlet Spider suit was cool as hell. How dare you.

these dudes know what's up! reilly was such hot shit

Maybe next they can give Wolverine a suit of armor and a gun, and then the Flash can have a car.

haha okay, this one got me

Wolverine always looks weird to me outside of anything but jeans, a t-shirt (or tank), boots and a jacket. I guess that's more "Logan" but eh, a costume always seemed like something he'd say "fuck it" to.

seriously, as a wolverine fan, the banana suit is the worst thing ever...like a stealthy ninja-killing badass would say "yeah, gold & blue? sounds awesome, just put some whiskers on it if you could"

These guys almost personify comics in the 90s
Not enough pouch

man i was so Kyle > Hal in the day too, loved his shit until ron marz left

ReiGun

Only members of the Wayne family can be Batman.
Also this another image of how the Teen Titans currently look like in the comics:
kqVetUvl.jpg
Honestly, Red Robin has the only bad look of the bunch. I think the rest of the costumes are great.

Deprive

Only members of the Wayne family can be Batman.
Also this another image of how the Teen Titans currently look like in the comics

Solstice needs to go back to how she use to look before the reboot. She was only in like 3 issues :\

Also smh at Spidey 2099 hate. That's a top 3 Spidey costume right there.

Axiom

I fucking love the Ben Reilly Spider-Man outfit.

tumblr_mdezv2Qcgu1rtyfrl.jpg

Spidey 2099 is fantastic as well.

Now this...this was the worst..

invisible-woman-slutty-costume-1.png

WHY DOES ROB LIEFELD STILL THINK THAT GUNS HAVE TWO HOLES ON THE FRONT

This is something that bugged the shit out of me all through the 90s and still annoys me now. Liefeld isn't the only artist who does it, either.

I think Liefeld and other shitty artists might have like, a natural aversion to looking up more than one reference image or doing any research at all. Maybe they just all found like one picture of a Colt 1911

and thought "oh the little thingy at the front is another gun-hole, cool"

there were bad designs, sure. but they at least seemed fun. the 00's gave us penance. no era can really call out any other in terms of designs

its the bunny slippers that bring it all together.

well I mean those are totally necessary, gotta stay comfortable

guns though that's just ridic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom