• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2 hours long RESIDENT EVIL 8 gameplay presentation announced for Tokyo Games Show, live September 27th (2 pm CEST / 5 am PST / 12 am UTC)

Bartski

Gold Member

Tokyo Games Show 2020 will be an online-only event held from September 23-27th. The schedule notes a “Capcom Special Event” on September 25th, though, according to gamefront.de, the Resident Evil 8 Village presentation will be held at 2 pm CEST (5 am PST) on September 27th. The broadcast will be available at tgs.cesa.or.jp and asia.capcom.com.

EDIT: it's 30 minutes followed by a 30 minutes panel

g96AJas.jpg

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Weird that they would do a half hour showing of Resident Evil Village when the PS5 version can't run it... right Dusk Golem.

Moment of truth time. Cannot wait for more RE. Hopefully VR mode is announced.

Grinchy

Banned
Really hope VR support is announced for it. I kinda don't need to watch 30 minutes of it, though. I have enough faith in what they've done with the series recently that I can go in blind.

GymWolf

Not really interested in these first person resident evil games unfortunately, maybe if they show something completely mindblowimg but i doubt that...

More excited for re4 remake (if they don't cut stuff like in r3make).

The Shepard

Not really interested in these first person resident evil games unfortunately, maybe if they show something completely mindblowimg but i doubt that...

Play in vr if possible, will be the most scariest game you've ever played and a much better experience.

Saying that I really hope vr support is there for launch

martino

will look by pure curiosity but
tenor.gif

sadly fps + re4 like ambiance is probably the worst combination you can choose for this license to please me.
i hope it will please people who like that

Last edited:

Calverz

Weird that they would do a half hour showing of Resident Evil Village when the PS5 version can't run it... right Dusk Golem.

Moment of truth time. Cannot wait for more RE. Hopefully VR mode is announced.
Where does it say we are going to see the ps5 version running?

GymWolf

Play in vr if possible, will be the most scariest game you've ever played and a much better experience.

Saying that I really hope vr support is there for launch
I love vr, but i usually like to play big important games in the classic way.

Graciaus

Haven't had a kick in the balls like that from title/post correction in awhile. Still want to see what it looks like.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Where does it say we are going to see the ps5 version running?
I dont think its stated anywhere but if Sony have a marketing deal (all showings thus far was on PS5 so it's likely they have) it's expected that they would show their system's footage.

Calverz

I dont think its stated anywhere but if Sony have a marketing deal (all showings thus far was on PS5 so it's likely they have) it's expected that they would show their system's footage.
Perhaps. Likely to be running on pc’s in the background. Dont get me wrong i want to see more of ps5 version especially new VR.

Spaceman292

Banned

RE4 is like 200x longer than RE3. They'll probably have to cut some stuff.

Also 7 was fantastic. Nothing wrong with first person.

Last edited:

Mato

Ugh, I have no idea what to do. I'm super excited about this game and eager to see more. But I also wanted to avoid overexposure.

Bartski

Gold Member
can't see anything there about this being playstation related, is it?

IMO 7 was amazing despite having never played it in VR, yeah I know I'm missing out and really late to the party but plan to catch up next-gen

ethomaz

Banned
Maybe we will finally see that build that struggles to run in 1080p.

can't see anything there about this being playstation related, is it?

IMO 7 was amazing despite having never played it in VR, yeah I know I'm missing out and really late to the party but plan to catch up next-gen
It is not PS related but Sony has the marketing deal so I believe they will show the game only running on PS5.

Last edited:
Top Bottom