• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 high-res PC screenshots! (READ RULES)

jediyoshi

New Vindictus patch. Here's the new Avatar Shop, basically just the character creation screen with different options

3J7bI.jpg

rZURl.jpg

devcat sure knows their source engine.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Stallion Free said:
New Vegas pics

So the greenish post processing of Fallout 3 has been turned to yellowish post processing to in New Vegas.
Hate it. I hope a mod removes it, and soon, before I get it hopefully.

Waikis

TheVampire said:
^ How exactly did you do that?
And what values are you using

http://www.tweakguides.com/Fallout3_10.html
[grass settings]

iMinGrassSize=2
bForceFullLOD=1

[memory performance]

uInterior Cell Buffer=32
uExterior Cell Buffer=204

[lod]

uGridsToLoad=19

Note: It appears that if you save a game with a higher value for this variable, you cannot then lower the value again as your saved game will no longer load properly

fBlockLoadDistanceLow=500000 ( find this settings in falloutpreffs... i cant find it in fallout..ini)
fTreeLoadDistance=400000

and heaps other settings... but the settings which i have posted should make a big difference.

darthbob

Foliorum Viridum said:
Fallout: New Vegas. All settings maxed, 2048x1152:

I'm quite curious as to which monitor you have that has a native res of 2048x1152.

Mine does, and it's the only one I've ever heard of doing so, the Dell SP2309W.

Kritz

Banned
MiDNiGHTS said:
I assumed this thread would be flooded with Fallout pics by now. Maybe I will pitch in some myself later.

I'd assume because Fallout looks like total garbage, and until some decent texture mods come out, will continue to do so even on the best of rigs (See: above). And even then you're stuck with an artistically ugly game.

Thankfully the other elements of the game make up for its cruddy lookin' graphics. That is, story.

JADS

K.Jack said:
Why is there no aliasing?

Through some profile sheningans it's possible to force MSAA in games that aren't supported by the AMD driver. Example is S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl + Complete mod. Which can use MSAA under AMD cards by using the Starcraft 2 profile. Through the Darksiders profile it is possible to force some AA in Dead Space. As Stallion Free has noticed however, it's far from perfect and not applied to all surface. MLAA is a better option for Dead Space, but still not completely perfect.

Fitz

Despite the general poor visual quality of FO3, I quite like the atmosphere of the game, I guess I just have a thing for the Western theme. The game will look really great once some texture mods come out, but especially some LOD replacements because the distance terrain looks atrocious, I think I prefer the distant terrain in FO3.

Also, I know this isn't the Artistic Shots thread but I'll post it anyway if anyone is interested seeing as there has been/will be an influx on New Vegas shots. If you want to disable the UI in New Vegas the console command (brought up with the Tilde Key, at least on EU keyboards) to remove the UI is TM, being Toggle Menus. You can also use TFC (Toggle Free Cam) to obviously toggle flying camera. Also TFC 1 does the same but it also pauses the game, just make sure you're in third person when you go into free cam otherwise you can't see your character.

Pikelet

This is a fantastic total conversion mod for Oblivion, check out the official thread for more.

I have a fucking awesome screenshot of a particular sunset but it is kind of a big moment in the game so i wont spoil it

It comes with its own graphics upgrades so i just set everything to max for the screenshots

8xAA/max LOD/High Textures/High Shadows/Bloom etc. etc.

When i am actually playing i put it on 2xAA and it runs beautifully, my machine is an i5/hd5850/4gb ram

P.S This is the first time i have done something like this so let me know if i did something wrong, i just tried to follow the faq at the start of this thread

Colkate said:
Also, I know this isn't the Artistic Shots thread but I'll post it anyway if anyone is interested seeing as there has been/will be an influx on New Vegas shots. If you want to disable the UI in New Vegas the console command (brought up with the Tilde Key, at least on EU keyboards) to remove the UI is TM, being Toggle Menus. You can also use TFC (Toggle Free Cam) to obviously toggle flying camera. Also TFC 1 does the same but it also pauses the game, just make sure you're in third person when you go into free cam otherwise you can't see your character.

Handy to know, thanks!

More Fallout New Vegas:

falloutnv-2010-10-29-20-19-43-36.jpg

falloutnv-2010-10-29-20-48-06-60.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
Pikelet said:
This is a fantastic total conversion mod for Oblivion, check out the official thread for more.

I have a fucking awesome screenshot of a particular sunset but it is kind of a big moment in the game so i wont spoil it

It comes with its own graphics upgrades so i just set everything to max for the screenshots

8xAA/max LOD/High Textures/High Shadows/Bloom etc. etc.

When i am actually playing i put it on 2xAA and it runs beautifully, my machine is an i5/hd5850/4gb ram

P.S This is the first time i have done something like this so let me know if i did something wrong, i just tried to follow the faq at the start of this thread
There's that close texture that is kind of blocky/normal...but then THOSE TREES. Nice. :D

IS TFU2 capped on PC?

Does it retain the DLAA?

How about performance?

P.S. Please make the Fallout images stop, don't think my stomach can take anymore.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
brain_stew said:
IS TFU2 capped on PC?

Does it retain the DLAA?

How about performance?

P.S. Please make the Fallout images stop, don't think my stomach can take anymore.
It is locked at 30 has AA in the menu as an option which I assume is the DLAA, which is decent, and it's not very hard to run it at 30 fps.

Top Bottom