• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Don't Use Imgur

Run-M-Run

Few more from http://gasoline.minus.com/mjYHy2Fkc/1g
i9u8eQUySZSbh.png

imamEQBAQ9A3S.png

^that one had soft shadows on. I can't run the game with them but it's nice to take some shots with if you bother.

Those DOOM shots are sick, looks like that grain would be pristine at about .75. It's kind of funky looking though with such a shallow DOF, it's like nothing is ever in focus.

Mine is at size .65 and strength .35, the gamma correction to .85 makes up for it being too bright.

The DOF is just a question of preference, it's easy to modify. This is just my personal sweet spot. Also the noise+gamma makes it a tad sharper looking, as well to correlate with it. :p

I usually dont like that grainy look in games, but i think it looks pretty good in your pics. Would you mind sharing us your cfg?

If you think it looks good in the pics then you'll probably like it even more in motion.

Sure I'll upload the cfg.

scitek

most of these FMVs are clearly pixelated and blurry as hell, why would you even consider posting that
KuGsj.gif

edit: no wait, i've posted some shitty ones before too

http://www.abload.de/img/assassinscreeddx10201deubh.png
http://www.abload.de/img/assassinscreeddx10201ouu8d.png

and one ok-ish one
http://www.abload.de/img/driver201207072158177flefz.png

lol,

I game on a TV and sit about 6 feet back from my screen, so I'll sometimes not notice jaggies or something when I think a particular type of AA is being forced and isn't or something, but I notice a hazy look to FMV more than anything. It's the look of a compressed video. Especially on dark areas.

Man, I'm trying to play Rage, but every time I come outside from a mission it slows down to a crawl as the textures load for the next 20-30 seconds. I got a pretty good rig, so WTF!?

And wtf is texture cache? High or low it does the same thing.

Jac_Solar

I recently tried out the Doom 3 HD mod, but my FPS drops as low as 30'ish (Especially in the space shuttle bay, the starting area.) -- and whenever I meet new NPC's/Models, the FPS drops from 60. And I assume since the benchmark test doesn't drop below 60 FPS, the mod isn't applied to that map/scenario?

I have an Nvidia 580 GTX and Intel I7 960. Is this normal? It feels more like the models aren't optimized for a game, or something. Sikkmod seemed to work fine with all the settings turned on except soft shadows, which dropped the FPS to the 40's.

Final one!

ipJMqtO6zurDd.jpg

I've been thinking about taking some shots without motion blur for maximum image quality, but this game actually benefits from it quite a bit while you're playing.

Jac_Solar

Final one!

I've been thinking about taking some shots without motion blur for maximum image quality, but this game actually benefits from it quite a bit while you're playing.

Nice pics! I wish that you could free roam in that game, and explore the surrounding enviroment with an offroad car. :)

TDU series lets you drive off the roads and into the wilderness, but only TDU 2 gives you an incentive to do so. Even then, it doesn't handle really well if I remember correctly, and the incentive it gives you is negligible.

All the "offroad" races even have specific dirt patches of road, as opposed to true offroad, which is a weird design decision -- if they had planned/modelled the offroad part around checkpoints, there'd be considerably more options for offroad races, and maybe better handling, or cars for the offroad.

Nice pics! I wish that you could free roam in that game, and explore the surrounding enviroment with an offroad car. :)

TDU series lets you drive off the roads and into the wilderness, but only TDU 2 gives you an incentive to do so. Even then, it doesn't handle really well if I remember correctly, and the incentive it gives you is negligible.

All the "offroad" races even have specific dirt patches of road, as opposed to true offroad, which is a weird design decision -- if they had planned/modelled the offroad part around checkpoints, there'd be considerably more options for offroad races, and maybe better handling, or cars for the offroad.

Thanks! I own TDU2 on Steam, but I haven't put much time into it at all.

Also, does anyone know how to resize your images for GAF? Those NFS:HP screens are 1080p, and when I input the URL directly into my browser they appear as the correct size, but here on GAF they're blown up substantially--which obviously hurts the image quality!

Also, I re-uploaded them as JPEGs instead on PNGs to lower the size :)

What sort of AA are you using on NFS, DyslexicAlucard? One that doesn't work on ATI cards, I'm assume?

Nah, I'm using the default Nvidia control panel override x16 CSAA. I may try to upgrade to MSAA, but I'm always scared of hitting my card's limit; it's slightly depressing to find out that my $400 video card isn't invincible, haha!

Shaneus

Nah, I'm using the default Nvidia control panel override x16 CSAA. I may try to upgrade to MSAA, but I'm always scared of hitting my card's limit; it's slightly depressing to find out that my $400 video card isn't invincible, haha!
You think that's bad? I'm continuously hitting the limit of my Trifire setup (5850+5970) owing to 1GB of VRAM (3GB actually, but VRAM across multiple GPUs doesn't add together). Shame though, because I can't recall seeing a game that even causes games to use an excessive amount of GPU power... just continually hit the VRAM limit when applying even the tiniest bit of AA to a supersampled game :(

I may try to upgrade to MSAA, but I'm always scared of hitting my card's limit; it's slightly depressing to find out that my $400 video card isn't invincible, haha!

Well, it didn't turn out too badly! I got it to run at 4xMSAA with 32xCSAA on top at around 40FPS! Playable enough, though I'll put it down to 4xMSAA 16xCSAA for common playing because it hits a solid 60FPS then. A few shots with the improved AA, though they still have motion blur and are blown up for some reason. Help with that, anyone?

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
ibgTBdN9obC36p.jpg

iOdvGxXjoAfAs.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Despite failure of earlier experimentation, my monitor all of a sudden is totally cool with the custom resolution downsampling trick. My 570 weeps.

c1r9fv6.png

c2qtcpp.png

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I definitely couldn't get it to work. Enabling SGSSAA, even with a LOD offset, introduced a lot of blur with no anti-aliasing improvement.

iNvid02

to the guy a few posts up, you can free roam in hot pursuit - i think you click Y on the map instead of A and it drops you there after you pick your car

also, you can use this to turn the HUD off permanently

Top Bottom