• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Don't Use Imgur

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
daw13ujk0.png

daw2e9j32.png

Graafke

Well, it didn't turn out too badly! I got it to run at 4xMSAA with 32xCSAA on top at around 40FPS! Playable enough, though I'll put it down to 4xMSAA 16xCSAA for common playing because it hits a solid 60FPS then. A few shots with the improved AA, though they still have motion blur and are blown up for some reason. Help with that, anyone?

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
ibvFU9LYGUuboA.jpg

inyJUAWCUmKef.jpg

Those shots look great!

How did you force AA in NFS Hot Pursuit? I tried forcing it in the Nvidia control panel and nvidia inspector, but no dice :(

xJavonta

Banned
My shots suck in comparison to everyone elses :( I'm running at 1440x900 on a 5670, so I'm pretty limited in what I can do graphically.

Left 4 Dead 2
iGP617zh8ro21.png

Mass Effect 2
iOYmnBjr9kRXz.png

Arklite

If not for the HUD I wouldn't even recognize the game in some of the shots you post.

I know a lot of people don't like the original filter but in contrast I see now that the game is instantly recognizable with it on rather than without. Still, these shots do show off the environment more rather than the dim ambient focus of the original.

Mirrors Edge is a beautiful game and that's a great shot. The only thing that sticks out is the texture on those signs at the bottom of the stair case.

FINALLY some lossless NFS shots. Like 4 straight posts of compressed NFS shots was killing me.

My shots were done properly, but for some reason GAF was blowing them up. I asked for help with this, but no one was offering any!

Edit: Turns out the shots being too large was on my end. Did you guys want me to upload PNGs instead? I was under the impression that JPEGs were preferred that were converted in Irfanview...

Edit 2: Let's try this. I converted the final 4 shots from the BMPs FRAPS saved into PNGs with Irfanview, and then I uploaded them to Minus.com. Is this better?

I changed it so that now FRAPS will just capture in PNG, but its too late for these shots.

iVSitIOBYCF5c.png

ibiF2YbvSuGFu0.png

scitek

My shots were done properly, but for some reason GAF was blowing them up. I asked for help with this, but no one was offering any!

Edit: Turns out the shots being too large was on my end. Did you guys want me to upload PNGs instead? I was under the impression that JPEGs were preferred that were converted in Irfanview...

Haha I had no clue what could've been wrong so I stayed quiet. Jpegs are ok if they're lossless. It's just that most people don't know how to make lossless ones.

Say what you will about human males, they get some pretty nice lookin' outfits.

pso20120723_121940_000.png

No, when a boss dies you don't get to see its soul rise up out of its broken body and explode into a million shards of light. I kinda wish they did, though!

pso20120722_151100_056.png

Shaneus

Haha I had no clue what could've been wrong so I stayed quiet. Jpegs are ok if they're lossless. It's just that most people don't know how to make lossless ones.
You can make lossless ones? I knew you could make ones with as little compression as possible... but damn!

Are the people fawning over Phantasy Star serious? The game looks like an ultra generic J MMO with PS2 quality graphics and amateur deviantart level art.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Eatchildren:

Are you using the ENB mod?
If so, have you modified the config file, looks pretty good.

For Human Revolution? Standard ENB config, no modifications, from his second release (which I had to dig around the internet for). Awhile ago I downloaded his latest release and felt the image quality was off, but tried again not too long ago and it looked fine.

It's downsampled from 1440p with the SMAA injector (forgot it was on), and completely unplayable :p.

@TheVampire: Is there a comprehensive list of the ME3 mods you're using out there?

Downsampled from 2560x1400 with High FXAA. The performance increased a LOT when I turned off the DX11 stuff. Are those features broken or just ridiculous performance hogs?

iTltieyru5seY.png

iIucUdCOOOG1P.png

Yo dawg you didn't tell me that game is all in Japanese.
Right, I forgot to mention that. My bad! :x

Are the people fawning over Phantasy Star serious? The game looks like an ultra generic J MMO with PS2 quality graphics and amateur deviantart level art.
I like how everyone who compares game graphics to PS2 quality reveal their ignorance of what PS2 quality is actually like. Y'know - no normal or specular shading, low (640x480!) resolution, weak anti-aliasing, low-resolution textures (nothing above 512x512, and that's at the high end)... yeah, a bit disingenuous to compare any modern PC game to PS2-quality. Certainly PSO2 is not technologically advanced by any means, but PS2 quality? Heh.

For the record, it's pretty obvious that they put a lot more work into the character art than the environments.

I don't usually post straight character shots, but I rather liked the lighting in this one:
pso20120726_234454_007.png

I should note that the hair physics are really nice, even with short hair like that (maybe especially so, given that long hair tends to clip in obvious and unfortunate ways). Sometimes you'll notice the hair is all off to one side, like a strong wind blew it all over there. Neat stuff!

pso20120723_184011_050.png

Usually "running across the field to engage the enemy in melee" shots just look badass, but when the team is wearing a bunch of brightly colored outfits, it tends to look a bit silly...

(Note: Any visual weirdness is the result of the 2x SGSSAA + motion blur, not compression. Just thought I should note that if anyone cared.)

Top Bottom