• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Don't Use Imgur

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
spacemarine2012-02-10bolwt.png

spacemarine2012-02-10r4a6u.png

screenshot9anvbey.jpg

screenshot10ckbk7.jpg

New lodx model for cars and classic driver model in latest build (pre-alpha 144). DX9, 1680/1050, in game max, besides reflection/shadows at high (track & driver suit WIP)

http://www.abload.de/img/pcars_2a2dke.png
I really enjoy this screenshot, well done markao. You specified DX9, is there a DX10 or 11 for this game?

Jim Jam the RE4 screenshots far surpasses most new games, is that the PC version? because lighting looks really nice.

Sethos

Banned
Darkdeus, the shot composition is great but something is off with those screenshots? It's like, there's a lack of AA in some places, others are blurred out, some edges are randomly rough when they really shouldn't be, even without AA, and the glaring shadow issues. Then there's so many low-res decals and spots all over, looks like spotted heavy JPEG compression. Even the reflection just seems completely bonkers.

My brain was struggling to make sense of the graphical effects :p Perhaps that's just me.

scitek

Darkdeus, the shot composition is great but something is off with those screenshots? It's like, there's a lack of AA in some places, others are blurred out, some edges are randomly rough when they really shouldn't be, even without AA, and the glaring shadow issues. Then there's so many low-res decals and spots all over, looks like spotted heavy JPEG compression. Even the reflection just seems completely bonkers.

My brain was struggling to make sense of the graphical effects :p Perhaps that's just me.

Well, it's pre-alpha. :p

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
But aren't they using an already established engine? Everything I've seen from the game looks great, those shots in particular just made my brain do a somersault because of some crazy inconsistencies.

I'm pretty sure it's largely not, but I could be wrong. I think the renderer is new because of deferred rendering and shit.

Anyways, the environments are also pretty inconsistent due to them still working hard on them. The game feels great even at this early stage though, and that one map they had when they launched the first alpha still looks fantastic.

edit: Oh, and the graphical effects are definitely unfinished. They change stuff constantly.

Darkdeus

yea the engine has a hard time with AA at this time. I was only using custom injected FXAA in those shots and they didn't come out to well. I took them as PNGs then converted them at 100% to jpegs. They are aware of the issues with AA though.

I gave up trying to remove the deep-etching effect in ENB, so this is vanilla shaders with the texture pack. It's a shame actually, the additional shadow detail you get with ENB really looks great in some places, the vanilla game almost looks too bright after you go back.

005.png

006.png

Capcom's Extreme Bass Fishing with Leon S. Kennedy:

007.png

"Fuck it, Ashley. Let's just go to Vegas. You can get a job as a showgirl and I'll see if I can last more than one day on the force."

008.png

Dennis

Banned
Watching this new page really rams home how great MW3 looks.

The looks of that game are really underrated. One of the best of 2011.

irishcow

Watching this new page really rams home how great MW3 looks.

The looks of that game are really underrated. One of the best of 2011.

My MW3 is full of jaggies at 1080p. When I turn on AA it doesn't seem to do anything. Any tips for making it look better? It looks great in your shots. I have an AMD 6950.

scitek

My MW3 is full of jaggies at 1080p. When I turn on AA it doesn't seem to do anything. Any tips for making it look better? It looks great in your shots. I have an AMD 6950.

You can force AA through drivers with MW3. Try using RadeonPro or even AMD's own Vision Engine Control Center or whatever CCC's called now (you can make game-specific profiles in it, too, now). 8xMSAA has somewhat of a performance hit, though.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
A) Where can I get Resident evil 4 for pc via DD?
B) Where the fuck can I get Resi... err I mean does it work well on pc? 360 pad support?

A) Where can I get Resident evil 4 for pc via DD?
B) Where the fuck can I get Resi... err I mean does it work well on pc? 360 pad support?

It's not on DD, I actually made the mistake of buying the boxed version when it first came out and never played it because v1.0 only supported KB or controller input. That's right, the first version of the PC port used PS2 textures and didn't have mouse-look. I didn't end up playing it until I bought a Wii.

With the 1.10 patch it has native 360 controller support (though using a Dualshock layout by default, where X is confirm and A is back), mouse-look and better textures (apparently; I installed the pack anyway).

Corky

It's not on DD, I actually made the mistake of buying the boxed version when it first came out and never played it because v1.0 only supported KB or controller input. That's right, the first version of the PC port used PS2 textures and didn't have mouse-look. I didn't end up playing it until I bought a Wii.

With the 1.10 patch it has native 360 controller support (though using a Dualshock layout by default, where X is confirm and A is back), mouse-look and better textures (apparently; I installed the pack anyway).

Something tells me it's going to be easier to get a copy for the wii and then use dolphin than finding a copy of RE4 pc in some random game store.

Something tells me it's going to be easier to get a copy for the wii and then use dolphin than finding a copy of RE4 pc in some random game store.

Yeah I'd be inclined to agree. On the plus side, the Wii version actually already includes better textures without a pack and uses realtime cut-scenes. I think there might be an additional Ada campaign in the PC version, but otherwise the Wii version definitely is the pick of the lot.

On the other hand: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000EPP6UA/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Corky

Yeah I'd be inclined to agree. On the plus side, the Wii version actually already includes better textures without a pack and uses realtime cut-scenes. I think there might be an additional Ada campaign in the PC version, but otherwise the Wii version definitely is the pick of the lot.

On the other hand: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000EPP6UA/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Actually yeah I just checked one of the bigger sites here and they had the game lol, random :). Anywho... here's some pics of Nyx Quest

nyxquest2012-02-1121-eblxc.png

nyxquest2012-02-1122-9zxj7.png

scitek

RE4 Wii Edition has the most content of any version, and you can also mod in textures using an older version of Dolphin, so it's the best of both worlds, but it's buggy and crashes at times, so save/save state like crazy just to be safe, and there's also a part where you have to do something special.

It's in the big castle room with the fountains where you have to have Ashley stand on a pressure plate and Leon stand on another in order to get a crank to appear in the main room. You have to slowly back Ashley onto the plate by herself because if Leon touches it at the same time, the game freezes.

It's not a huge deal, though, and worth it for the lighting IMO.

The cutscenes in RE4: Wii Edition/GameCube were all real-time aside from the opening video.

I wouldn't have believed it my self but I did some research and man Capcom did some weird stuff with this game. The GC/Wii used real time cut scenes although there is some post processing going on. The PS2 used crappy pre-recorded scenes. The PC got those same crappy pre-recorded scenes. I got a movie pack for the PC and took a screen shot and looks just like the Wii/GC scene.

iZSANbAvVDWxe.bmp

This is from a cut scene its supposed to be 720p. The entire file was 3gigs worth of cut scene footage. It looks the same as the Wii version.

iqHxQ0BfkX6HO.bmp

Notice the texture on Leon's shirt. The cut scenes didn't have that. I am guessing it was part of the texture pack. I assumed the Wii shot was a prerender due to lack of texture.

I'll post more today!
Yep, i'll follow with more.

24FrameDaVinci, this is the "PC screenshot thread" people can post low settings 320*240 res shots if they want to. Theres an "art" screenshot thread in the forum for your viewing pleasure. This very thread also has an informative porpuse to see how the games run on different hardware configurations.

Carry on.

Top Bottom